Summit Late Arival to Bermuda on August 8

cruisingdelt

I understand. We are sailing on summit in 2 weeks

I would have thought someone who is currently on Summit would have posted on the boards by now.

The dock master Willy Freeman is the one who reported it. Maybe if you search his name you can find it.

Confusing. I was watching the Bermuda Cam, and noticed that Summit had not docked by 9:00 AM today.

Bermuda is about 775 miles from NYC, so no reason they could not have arrived on schedule by cruising at half speed.

Confusing. I was watching the Bermuda Cam, and noticed that Summit had not docked by 9:00 AM today.

Bermuda is about 775 miles from NYC, so no reason they could not have arrived on schedule by cruising at half speed.

The cruises to Bermuda used to only have one day at sea before getting there, now they take two. If they were late this sounds like deja vous with the pods.

The first guess is always the pods from a propulsion perspective. It appears the ship approached Bermuda on schedule but then went way south of it's usual turn to the west (usually just about due east of the town cut). It then did a 180 towards a point east of the town cut. After that it followed the normal course past Fort St. Catherine, along the north shore of Bermuda and south into the dockyards. DW and I have a vested interest since we are booked on the Summit in a few weeks. Thanks for all the responses.

On in two weeks. Hoping this is weather wind or current related.

I know someone who is on board now. I sent her an email but doubt she'll check her emails. I'll be sure to ask Sunday when she gets home, but we'll probably know the answer by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On in two weeks. Hoping this is weather wind or current related.

I know someone who is on board now. I sent her an email but doubt she'll check her emails. I'll be sure to ask Sunday when she gets home, but we'll probably know the answer by then.

Yesterday I posted on their roll call and asked. The person who responded stated after the delay they cruised into port normally. They were still trying to find out the problem. Maybe just a minor glitch??

Here's a link to the post:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56737483&postcount=147

Yesterday I posted on their roll call and asked. The person who responded stated after the delay they cruised into port normally. They were still trying to find out the problem. Maybe just a minor glitch??

Here's a link to the post:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56737483&postcount=147

Thanks!! [emoji2]