Staterooms on Wind Spirit and Wind Star

Petoonya

5 hours ago, JM0115 said:

We are booked in 215. It says noisyx2.  Why would it be noisy? Cannot find the actual comment from anyone in 215.

I seem to recall it had to do with the gangway operation and people lining up in the hallway to leave the ship.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ltcTN said:

I was just on the Wind Spirit. 215 is near the aft of deck 2, near the small fitness center and medical center. The marina deck is aft on this level. I cannot think of any reason it would be abnormally noisy. I personally don't know of a bad room on the ship.

Unless you've actually been in most of the cabins how would you know? That's why we compiled this list from many people with personal experience of the individual cabins.  There's no question that the aft cabins on deck 1 have some engine noise and vibration.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, avalong said:

Unless you've actually been in most of the cabins how would you know? That's why we compiled this list from many people with personal experience of the individual cabins.  There's no question that the aft cabins on deck 1 have some engine noise and vibration.

Not a large ship! I define noisy as constant noise or noise at inopportune times. Like staying under the disco on a large ship. You may hear something’s out of normal activities but I didn’t detect anything and we were the last room aft. You could stand outside our room and easily see the last room aft! 

12 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Huh?  Were you in the last room aft or not?

We were in 233 which was the last room forward starboard side. That last post was me trying to multitask and not checking my work!

We were in 236 on Wind Spirit (June 15-23, 2023). The cabin was very quiet except for the last two nights. Seas were around 6-7 feet and the stabilizers were deployed after midnight. We were awakened both nights by loud metallic noises and the sound of water sloshing back and forth as the ship rolled through the swells. The noise lasted for hours. It was very difficult to sleep on those two nights.

On 6/25/2023 at 8:40 PM, SailingHigher said:

We were in 236 on Wind Spirit (June 15-23, 2023). The cabin was very quiet except for the last two nights. Seas were around 6-7 feet and the stabilizers were deployed after midnight. We were awakened both nights by loud metallic noises and the sound of water sloshing back and forth as the ship rolled through the swells. The noise lasted for hours. It was very difficult to sleep on those two nights.

From where to where were you sailing on those nights?

• 1 month later...

FYI 

cabin 208:  constant background engine noise- rather loud.  Intermittent noise from a bilge pump or compressor, not quite sure which.  It was worse when docked in Papeete and Raietea overnight.

I do not know how this compares to the other cabins.

the ship is in dire need of a complete overhaul and refurbishment.  Two of the five sails are damaged and cannot be used.  The outside decks are saturated with water and leak “up” when you step on them.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2023 at 10:01 AM, makai 7 said:

FYI 

cabin 208:  constant background engine noise- rather loud.  Intermittent noise from a bilge pump or compressor, not quite sure which.  It was worse when docked in Papeete and Raietea overnight.

I do not know how this compares to the other cabins.

the ship is in dire need of a complete overhaul and refurbishment.  Two of the five sails are damaged and cannot be used.  The outside decks are saturated with water and leak “up” when you step on them.

That is too bad about the sails.

• 4 months later...

My family group were just in three rooms on the Windspirit. We noticed that there are essentially two layouts of the rooms.  One has the closet by the door and opposite the bathroom; the other has the closet more in the bedroom proper. 205 and 234 had the first layout and 232 had the second. I wish I had taken photos of that to explain it better

205 no tender noise, background hum of engines but at the level of a white noise machine. I had no issues sleeping. The head of the bed was on the aft side.

232 very quiet. I think the head of the bed was on the bow side.

234 very quiet

• Like 1