Move Over Offer

79Smiles

I'm still waiting for a return call from Princess. I received a second email late last night regarding the Move Over, so I'm thinking there is big demand for balcony cabins. Congrats to Michelle19 for being able to take advantage of the offer. Free is always good!! Perhaps our paths will cross next week!

You're kidding...right? We received this exact same offer a few cruises ago and I grabbed it! Nothing beats a free cruise even if it is in an inside cabin :hearteyes:

Exactly. I rather be able to afford only an inside cabin than to not be able to cruise at all.

Yes, I called a second time. Still no word, so I'm going on the assumption that Princess found enough folks willing to switch to an interior cabin. Glad for those who were able to take advantage of the offer. Maybe next time :D

Yes, I called a second time. Still no word, so I'm going on the assumption that Princess found enough folks willing to switch to an interior cabin. Glad for those who were able to take advantage of the offer. Maybe next time :D

Oh Shoot, Im sorry. They oversold the guarantee balcony's. You never know, they might still need your balcony! Fingers are still crossed! We leave for London in 2 days. See you in a week! Safe travels to you my friend!

~Michelle

That offer is an absolute "no brainer"...take it!! Look at your sailing on Princess to see which insides are available and choose where you'd like to be. When you get the call, tell the rep where you want to be.

Also, if you don't want bunk beds in your cabin, check Cruise Critic's deck plans to see where they are. They aren't identified on Princess. :(

I'm pretty sure they let you know either way.

PS: it's called a "move down".

Sure they do... Princess' deck plans show quads and triples. Just select how many guests (3 or 4) and those cabins will be shown only.

"You can not be serious !!"

you get back in REFUNDABLE OBC the amount you paid for a balcony !!

take that "free cruise" and "free money" - use the "free money" for additional excursions, etc

then take the check you will receive for the un-used OBC and book another cruise !!

Hmmm, 100% refund as OBC not worth much.

I must go back to school🤷*♂️

Hmmm, 100% refund as OBC not worth much.

I must go back to school🤷*♂️

It's all a matter of preference and opinion. If Princess called me up today and offered me a free cruise in an inside cabin, I would turn it down. My wife won't spend a minute in an inside cabin. I wish she would, as it would mean far more cruise for us. But she won't. Not even for free. So had I purchased a cruise and then been offered 100% of my purchase price back as OBC in exchange for moving to an inside cabin, I would turn it down, which is the same thing as saying that the offer wasn't worth much...to me...personally. To you? Different story.

It's all a matter of preference and opinion. If Princess called me up today and offered me a free cruise in an inside cabin, I would turn it down. My wife won't spend a minute in an inside cabin. I wish she would, as it would mean far more cruise for us. But she won't. Not even for free. So had I purchased a cruise and then been offered 100% of my purchase price back as OBC in exchange for moving to an inside cabin, I would turn it down, which is the same thing as saying that the offer wasn't worth much...to me...personally. To you? Different story.

I get it. My family was none too pleased when I took a move down from a balcony to an inside cabin, but I was the one paying the bills. Spending 20 nights in an inside cabin was not my definition of ideal, but it really increased our ability to do whatever excursions were appealing without making me cringe.

Obviously, there are people who won't cruise in various types of cabins. I have a friend who will ONLY cruise in the royal suites on DCL. If they aren't available , friend chooses other cruises or dates. Bottom line, we all value thing differently.

It is 100% refund as refundable OBC, meaning that you'll usually get a fat check after you get home!

When you called did the voice mail message indicate that they were still working on the move over offers for your cruise? The inventory folks usually change their VMs to indicate what they are working or if they already have enough offers for a specific cruise. So don't give up hope yet.

The VM was generic - "please leave your name, booking number, contact phone number, and brief message and I will return your call in the order in which is was received". There was no mention of the move over offer.

I'm not losing any sleep over the missed offer - still have my balcony. All is good :D

I'd gladly sail for free in an inside cabin. We're to do so next month on the Royal. The last time we were on it, we had a suite, so this will really be a different experience. On the other hand, we got such a great price on a balcony on our Regal cruise this year, Princess would have had to increase the offer to get us to move to an inside.

A few weeks ago prior to boarding the CB, we got a call the night before offering us an OBC refund if we gave up our balcony and moved to an obstructed oceanview. The dollar amount we were quoted was not 100% of what we'd paid, but it was still a big chunk of money. For the record, we have only ever sailed in Interior rooms before. The balcony was to be near my inlaws and we hadn't been able to find 2 rooms together otherwise. To me the offer was a no brainer and I jumped in and told the Princess agent we'd take it. My in laws were horrified and my husband got deal-taker's remorse. He even called Princess back and tried to switch, but they said it was too late. I was then seriously in the dog house. My husband was convinced that we were going to be miserable in our new room. The in-laws were disappointed we wouldn't be next to them.

When we entered our room, I loved it immediately. It was in between two lifeboats so we had a direct view of the ocean. Having natural light was so much fun. We liked the deep windowsill, too. We kept the windows drawn and we weren't ever too hot. We made up to the in-laws by spending extra time in the piazza with them. That afternoon, we checked our onboard accounts and found out we had 100% OBC, not the partial credit we'd been quoted. Enjoying the room and the extra $ changed my hubby's mind.

The OBC went towards our gratuities and laundry and we purchased two drinks, total, during our week on board. The refund turned an extravagant vacation into a bargain. And we had a lovely time. And the inlaws forgave me. But now we are spoiled by the window.

We just returned from our "move-over" cruise to Iceland and Norway on the Pacific Princess. We had received a move over offer on a S. America last winter, which we immediately grabbed so we could book the very pricey one we just took. It was a no brainer for us because we were able to switch a 14-day in an obstructed oceanview ($791 pp) to a 15-day in a mini-suite ($7200 pp). And even after spending as much as we wanted of our refundable obc, we'll get a refund check for $1300+. And they threw in free gratuities plus the airfare was cheaper.

We met another couple on the ship who was doing a move over cruise as well, also trading in their S. America from last winter.

We've rebooked the S. America for 2020, this time including Antartica, so all is good.

I love move over offers!

how much was your refundable OBC from the cruise related specifically to move-over offer

OV to mini-suite? guess Princess has to do whatever they need on those cruises, and I can understand why

did you rebook the 'new' cruise at the time of the move over offer or later?

Congratulations! I didn't take a move over offer for July 21st. It was a for a different week and I couldn't re-book flights and hotels with so little notice. But I would take it if it is ever offered to me again.

how much was your refundable OBC from the cruise related specifically to move-over offer

OV to mini-suite? guess Princess has to do whatever they need on those cruises, and I can understand why

did you rebook the 'new' cruise at the time of the move over offer or later?

Our refundable OBC was $791 x 2=$1582, but of course they also moved over the original military and stockholders, plus the $100 each for using a fcc, so we had about $2300, all refundable.

The OV went to a balcony automatically so we chose a premium balcony which was almost $7000pp, which at the time was only $250 less than a lower category mini. They let us switch to the mini and took the add'l $500 off our transferred obc, but we still wound up with plenty since they later threw in free gratuities.

I don't think we booked the new one on the original phone call with them, but we did within days of accepting the offer. I had also negotiated from a 14-day on the original offer to a 15-day since I knew which one I wanted.