Groups???????

Help we are taking our company in December on the Anthem of the Seas and I need any and all advice from anyone who has done this size group (16 cabins)? Please help!!!!

Seek out a reputable travel agent and let them handle all the arrangements.

I assume you’re already booked but if not- If people are paying their own way, try to get a TA that has the ability to setup a website for people to book and get information. If the company is paying, use google sheets and documents for sharing information. You can have people enter their names and birthdates into the spreadsheet so you can send that to the TA to help make booking easier.

Choose a set dining time to make it easier to meet up for dinner, instead of trying to coordinate times and reservations.

Will everyone do excursions together? If people are on their own for excursions, encourage people to use the google sheet to share info. Maybe you’ll wind up with smaller groups that will he interested in the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seek out a reputable travel agent and let them handle all the arrangements.

I have already booked, I talked with several travel agents and some were just a ripoff, they were going to take my tour conductor credit and only give me half my gap points!

I have already booked, I talked with several travel agents and some were just a ripoff, they were going to take my tour conductor credit and only give me half my gap points!

What is a tour conductor and gap points?

So when you book 8 or more cabins you become a group, You get so much money for every 8 cabins then you get points you get to use for a lot of different stuff, on our cruise we got 4 points, were using 3 points for a 1 hour cocktail party and 1 point for a bottle of champagne in each stateroom.

The tour conductor credit gives you one free berth for every 8 cabins booked at double occupancy. This can be used so the group leader (tour conductor) sails free or the amount can be split amongst the cabins as additional OBC or the travel agent can keep it as extra commission.

Thanks billnheather and Bill. That actually answers my questions on a thread I started. Wished I would have seen this first.

But you need a minimum of eight cabins for a group, not just eight people. (unless they are all sailing solo ;) )

You have not found the right travel agent yet. Also, you only have 60 days after initial booking to transfer to an agent.

My wife and I have booked our 50th wedding anniversary cruise on the Explorer of the Seas, leaving Sydney for the Sth Pacific in Jan 2019. We booked on board the Explorer earlier this year. We booked for 20 of our family (10 adults, 10 children) in 8 cabins (5 balconies, 3 insides), as our guests.

Do you think we should qualify for ‘tour conductor credit and gap points’? And where can you find out in writing about this benefit?

Thanks in anticipation,

MP.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My wife and I have booked our 50th wedding anniversary cruise on the Explorer of the Seas, leaving Sydney for the Sth Pacific in Jan 2019. We booked on board the Explorer earlier this year. We booked for 20 of our family (10 adults, 10 children) in 8 cabins (5 balconies, 3 insides), as our guests.

Do you think we should qualify for ‘tour conductor credit and gap points’? And where can you find out in writing about this benefit?

Thanks in anticipation,

MP.

If you booked directly with Royal (your onboard bookings were not booked with a travel agent), then contact Royal and ask if the bookings can be put in a group. That is the time to get the info about group perks.

If you booked directly with Royal (your onboard bookings were not booked with a travel agent), then contact Royal and ask if the bookings can be put in a group. That is the time to get the info about group perks.

Thanks for that Bob.

Yes, the bookings were all done on the Explorer, thru’ the future cruise lady, all at the same time, and deposits for all, paid then, as well.

The reservation no’s are different for each cabin, but on each booking invoice it states after the booking number ‘Group ID Not Applicable’. Why do you think that could be? And do you know if that is ‘set in concrete’?

I will definitely ring up RCCL tomorrow, but any info’ anyone might have to enlighten me, would be most appreciated.

Regards,

MP.

Thanks for that Bob.

Yes, the bookings were all done on the Explorer, thru’ the future cruise lady, all at the same time, and deposits for all, paid then, as well.

The reservation no’s are different for each cabin, but on each booking invoice it states after the booking number ‘Group ID Not Applicable’. Why do you think that could be? And do you know if that is ‘set in concrete’?

I will definitely ring up RCCL tomorrow, but any info’ anyone might have to enlighten me, would be most appreciated.

Regards,

MP.

It says "Group ID Not Applicable" because the bookings are not currently in a group. Once the bookings have been put into a group, that field will change to a group number. Just call and ask if you can create a group with your bookings. It might be that they can create the group, but ultimately everyone will have to call individually to approve their booking going into the group.

It says "Group ID Not Applicable" because the bookings are not currently in a group. Once the bookings have been put into a group, that field will change to a group number. Just call and ask if you can create a group with your bookings. It might be that they can create the group, but ultimately everyone will have to call individually to approve their booking going into the group.

Thanks again for your reply, Bob. Much appreciated.

I’ll be ringing RCCL today and get back to you, how it turns out.

MP.

You're welcome and I'll be interested to hear back.:)

Just spent 2 hrs on the RCCL help phone for pre-booked passengers in regard to ‘tour conductor credits’ and ‘gap points’.

Not much luck I’m afraid.

Apparently, the booking has to:

1. Be booked as a Group booking, and

2. Be booked/created after 14 Nov 2017, and

3. For a cruise departing after 2 May 2019, and

4. Not be for a cruise from Australia, China or Singapore.

When I enquired about converting my 8 individual cruise bookings to a group booking I was told it was only travel agents that can get group bookings!

Now I did book after 14 Nov, but the booking is for departure in Jan 2019, so won’t qualify on that count!

Also the booking is for Australia, so again, no go!

Now this is what I was told about the tour conductor points:

Even if I was eligible for them - they couldn’t tell me what these benefits were, as that was a matter between RCCL and their tour travel partner (ie the travel agent)!

In regard to the gap points:

Again, if I was eligible, the points are awarded when you make final payment, and the points are redeemable for various items, eg. bottles of water, cupcakes, and the like ( I’m afraid by this point I was starting to lose interest !)

I finally asked where I could see all this important information written down. I was told it was not available for the general public, it was ‘for internal use only’!

Anyhow, Bob, thanks for your interest, and I hope it’s of use to others!

But 1 thing, it’s not going to spoil my 50th anniversary cruise!

MP.

• 4 months later...

Saw this thread and thought I ask my question here.  We are having large party of 4 families and have 9 cabins booked.  We received discount off regular fare (which is normal for Travel Agent we use) and refundable fares.  For booking 8+ cabins, I will receive check back for average of one person after cruise sail which I will distribute evenly to our group. 

Our travel agent did not mention any "freebies" such as GAP points for free wine, OBC, or cocktail party.  Do all cruises get this freebies with groups and should I be concerned that travel agent is keeping extra perks for himself?  We are sailing Symphony of the Seas mid February.  I know newest ship and prime sailing time, would there be less incentive to offer freebies?

14 minutes ago, cdoobiest said:

Saw this thread and thought I ask my question here.  We are having large party of 4 families and have 9 cabins booked.  We received discount off regular fare (which is normal for Travel Agent we use) and refundable fares.  For booking 8+ cabins, I will receive check back for average of one person after cruise sail which I will distribute evenly to our group. 

Our travel agent did not mention any "freebies" such as GAP points for free wine, OBC, or cocktail party.  Do all cruises get this freebies with groups and should I be concerned that travel agent is keeping extra perks for himself?  We are sailing Symphony of the Seas mid February.  I know newest ship and prime sailing time, would there be less incentive to offer freebies?

No, not all groups get GAP points.