Park N Go at Port Everglades

SlackerMedic711

Good morning Cruisers,

We are Driving

We are Cruising Harmony of seas

I have Park N Go Questions.

When using this service as Opposed to parking at RC cruise port lot ..

1 what cruise terminal is Harmony Docked ??

2 Do we drop our Bags at Harmony then proceed to Park N ago lot for shuttle back??

In CC opinion when driving is Park and Go a better option than RCI Lot?? Prices ?? Any hints or info would be helpful??

Thanks in Advance

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good morning Cruisers,

We are Driving

We are Cruising Harmony of seas

I have Park N Go Questions.

When using this service as Opposed to parking at RC cruise port lot ..

1 what cruise terminal is Harmony Docked ??

2 Do we drop our Bags at Harmony then proceed to Park N ago lot for shuttle back??

In CC opinion when driving is Park and Go a better option than RCI Lot?? Prices ?? Any hints or info would be helpful??

Keep your bags. Park n Go will have a minibus designated for your ship...more than one if needed.

Drive into the lot...pull under the rain shed...unload your bags and carry them to the designated minibus...the driver will help you load them onto the bus...board the bus yourself. The bus will not be overloaded with passengers or luggage. You need not be concerned with the location of your ship....the driver will know and take you to it.

When you get to the appropriate checkin location the driver will help unload your bags (tip him) and you can proceed into the building.

Reverse the program when you return.

Also suggest that you prepay your parking charges via the website. Print the reservation and take it with you to enter the Park n Go lot. There is a saving of $4-$5 a day over the Port Parking Garage. This changes from year to year.

Note: Some time ago someone was concerned that they had to leave their car key. This is true. It is also true that there have been no reports of any problems with Park n Go about this practice.

Finally, we only use Park n Go when we sail from Port Everglades...very convenient and easy to use.

Edited by thinfool

Fully agree with post above. Park n go has been exceptional every time I used them. Excellent service. I've seen them help people boost their car after cruise I've also seen them change flat tires.

I've always paid cash when leaving and they give you bottles of water for the drive home.

The other thing I like is there is some type of animal preserve next to the parking lot. All kinds of monkeys walking around and on the fences. One cruise to Mexico we went to that Chakonobee or however it's spelt. Beach fish alligators dolphins etc and I seen more animal life exiting parkngo then I seen in Mexico.

Hope it's still like that at the exit in park n go when I exit early October.

Just something to consider.... if you don't mind paying more to park at the port, the parking for Harmony is EXTREMELY close to the front door. You just go around the loop to drop off and stay to the right, which takes you in to the parking lot and we have always found parking spots close to the front.

Do the math and see which you prefer. Personally, I like just parking at the port, it's worth it to me, but Park N Go is a popular and well run operation as well.

Here is a crudely drawn map. The blue line is your path to the parking lot with the circles being parking and the front door of the terminal.

harmony-parking.png

The other thing I like is there is some type of animal preserve next to the parking lot. All kinds of monkeys walking around and on the fences.

The monkeys are still there...it's not an animal preserve. The monkeys are wild...and have multiplied from pets that either escaped or their owners let loose. Take note of the warning signs on the fence.

• 2 months later...
On 8/17/2018 at 8:59 AM, thinfool said:

The monkeys are still there...it's not an animal preserve. The monkeys are wild...and have multiplied from pets that either escaped or their owners let loose. Take note of the warning signs on the fence.

Considering using Park N Go for 2 weeks in January, but monkeys ... Will they be climbing around on the cars? I can’t imagine so with all the great Park N Go reviews, but wondering ...

Thanks! 

We used Park & Go for our last cruise because of all the positive reviews here on CC.  It was so efficient.  The shuttle was waiting for us when we disembarked.  Luggage was taken care of quickly from the first day to the last.  If we sailed out of Fort Lauderdale again I would not hesitate to use Park & Go.

As another poster recommended, definitely book on-line.  We saved a substantial amount and it was paid in advance.

On 11/12/2018 at 9:58 AM, scottam said:

Considering using Park N Go for 2 weeks in January, but monkeys ... Will they be climbing around on the cars? I can’t imagine so with all the great Park N Go reviews, but wondering ...

Thanks! 

No, they don't climb on the cars...they wait for the shuttles to come thru because some of the drivers carry bananas for them...one or 2 just wait in the tree next to the driveway, get their banana, and go back into the trees...then another couple will come out and do the same...it's quite cute, actually :classic_biggrin:

Edited by 2flacruisers

10 hours ago, AROW285 said:

What is the reason they require you to leave your key with them?

You unload your car under the rain shelter, then they take your car and park it.  They retain your key because cars are relocated during the week to accomodate returning passengers....meaning that your car will be in a location that you can easily load your luggage and exit the lot rather than being buried deep in the mass of vehicles occupying the lot.

If you'd rather not leave your key you should consider parking in the port parking garage (more $$).

10 hours ago, AROW285 said:

What is the reason they require you to leave your key with them?

It's not a parking lot with simple lines and you have your spot.  That's why.  So they block cars in trying to squeeze them all in.  Which means they have to move them.