Sky Princess

nasa1974

is Le Mer/La Mer/ aka French bistro - a walk-in have a drink/app type of place or is it a full blown specialty restaurant like Crown Grill

I heard it was going to be a restaurant. I would say similar to what Alfredo's Pizzaria is.

I've noticed some small venues haven't been named yet. Outrigger's bar, Trident grill or Mermaids Tail Bar as examples.

Alfredo's is a non-fee sit down restaurant - do you think the Bistro food will be free??:confused:

edit - "additional charges apply" - maybe a la carte?

It was on Majestic Princess - here was the menu, we didn't try it though

IMG_0089_zpsqao98oiz.jpg

Thanks - guess that rules us out at about a 98.6% chance of not going...

those tables looking out the windows seemed nice for maybe a glass of wine, tho...:(

Does look nice - if they can resolve the issue of the other half of the restaurant feeling like it was in a corridor (like it did on Majestic) then even better

We have one of the few OV cabins booked on the Sundeck, would love to see pictures of the windows

for size comparison.

Curious to see how the pool area on this deck looks too

Wish they would give more updates 😎

The French restaurant doesn’t interest me at all,

Chris

The bump outs are still on the Sky but no "Sea Walk" and the "Seaview Bar" is in a different location.

It looks to me like the bump outs are designed into the ship, but they are not glass. They appear to be wooden. That's a bit of a bummer, because we liked the view of the ocean as we are gliding by! Anyone else see that differently?

It looks to me like the bump outs are designed into the ship, but they are not glass. They appear to be wooden. That's a bit of a bummer, because we liked the view of the ocean as we are gliding by! Anyone else see that differently?

The deck plans do not show the glass just decking.

$$ mistake replacing Crooner's with a French Bistro. Another SHARE? If they wanted another restaurant why not place it in another location, like maybe next to Sabatini's. I can't see how income from a limited seating restaurant will be more than income from Crooners. Also, where are all the passengers going to hang out in the evening and on inclement days. I'll stick with the older ships that were designed with passengers in mind.

This has been discussed before, but if you look at the deck plan a "French Bistro" still exists. However if you look at the Specialty Dining page for Sky Princess there is no mention. Only Chefs Table Lumiere, Sabatini's Italian Trattoria, Crown Grill and Ultimate Balcony Dining.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/yp-sky-princess/index.html

Therefore, and this is pure speculation, perhaps they are rethinking the inclusion of Le Mer (or at least in that location) and perhaps (wishful thinking) Crooners will return to its rightful location. :cocktail::cocktail:;)

This has been discussed before, but if you look at the deck plan a "French Bistro" still exists. However if you look at the Specialty Dining page for Sky Princess there is no mention. Only Chefs Table Lumiere, Sabatini's Italian Trattoria, Crown Grill and Ultimate Balcony Dining.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/yp-sky-princess/index.html

Therefore, and this is pure speculation, perhaps they are rethinking the inclusion of Le Mer (or at least in that location) and perhaps (wishful thinking) Crooners will return to its rightful location. :cocktail::cocktail:;)

I'll second that!! Maybe emails to Princess would help, but I can't fins a decent email address for Customer Service...anyone have one?

• 1 month later...
Still no mention of a french bistro in specialty restaurants

True but the deck plan still shows French Bistro in the space previously used for Crooners.

The Club 6 area still shows as Bar/Lounge and in the description area shows New Bar Coming Soon. The CG image of that area shows a piano and photos from the 1920s of a flapper & Babe Ruth.

That might be a clue that the previous Crooners piano bar could be moved to the Club 6 space to become a Roaring 20s themed piano bar.