Whispering Around The World 2019

mysty

10 hours ago, Lifesgreat said:

Mysty, can you clarif

Can U clarify something for me.

SS booked us into Four Points SF Bay for a night. Our travel guide threw in a night and we added a night  so arrive in SF on the 3/01/2019. I was told we had to go to that hotel for the transfers and the function was being held there so we said OK, made sense.

I happened to look up the tariffs which amounted to about $205 AUD pn. My agent and I both paid $919pn. It doesn't sound right to me. What r your thoughts?   

Lifesgreat......it may be that the Four Seasons did not have enough rooms available for the time period and SS is using a different hotel for the overflow.  Definitely worth a question or two for your travel agent.  

Hi Mysty.....Solved the mystery and dissatisfaction this afternoon. In his haste our agent automatically populated our statement on the computer and accidentally loaded Four Points rather than Four Seasons. I went through my Communication Planners and found our conversation in August where he had confirmed Seasons not Points. He got on to it straight away (Saturday at his Christmas breakup at one of our top wineries) and confirmed his mistake. We thought he must have made a mistake because of what SS charged us pn for the extra nights.

Thanks very much for your input.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lifesgreat said:

Hi Mysty.....Solved the mystery and dissatisfaction this afternoon. In his haste our agent automatically populated our statement on the computer and accidentally loaded Four Points rather than Four Seasons. I went through my Communication Planners and found our conversation in August where he had confirmed Seasons not Points. He got on to it straight away (Saturday at his Christmas breakup at one of our top wineries) and confirmed his mistake. We thought he must have made a mistake because of what SS charged us pn for the extra nights.

Thanks very much for your input.

Hurrah!  That's excellent news!  Another nerve less frayed!

15 hours ago, mysty said:

Interesting email from Silversea this evening.  A new World Cruise event added.  A "yes please" from us.  🙂

Yes!  A very nice surprise.  We responded "yes" as well. 

Still no luggage shipping docs, but we still have plenty of time as our cases are not scheduled for pickup until December 27th.  My DH wrote to Frank, but I agree that he is probably pretty frazzled right now.  Hopefully they will show up by the end of next week.  

2 minutes ago, HunEBear said:

Yes!  A very nice surprise.  We responded "yes" as well. 

Still no luggage shipping docs, but we still have plenty of time as our cases are not scheduled for pickup until December 27th.  My DH wrote to Frank, but I agree that he is probably pretty frazzled right now.  Hopefully they will show up by the end of next week.  

HunE.....I have all digits crossed that you get the paperwork soon and that all the folks traveling with us on this grand adventure get the missing bits and pieces.  I know of one gentleman from across the pond who is also waiting and his pick up is earlier that yours.  I hope the stress levels start to drop.  🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, threeforthree said:

2 hours ago, threeforthree said:

OK, will someone please spoil it for me?  I received no email, and see nothing new on the website.  Help!

343........Did you check your spam file?  It is an email from SS that directs you to an online questionnaire to enter your preferences for a few things.  One of which is a kind of rsvp for an event in Sydney, Australia.  You really need the email to respond I think.  Can you see if your TA got the email for you?

44 minutes ago, threeforthree said:

Nothing in spam.  I'd rather not bug the TA on the weekend...if you prefer, you can send it to me privately 🙂

Sorry 343!  I’m not home right now.  Not home until Monday.  Can you wait until then?

Mysty 343

The email has a header which is locked to your booking but I would be talking to either your ta or ss direct.

This adventure was offered to the 2015 World Cruise and it turned out to be one the best we had ever experienced.

The bing bong went at 16.00 and asked the wc's to go to deck 3. that was strange because that was the tendering deck but off we trotted and there beside the ship was a brand new catamaran  of the passenger carrying type. I made my way to the aft of the vessel and found the Captain and chief engineer , so for the next 40 mins we talked speed boy was she fast) and ship design (great). We stopped at the back of the Opera house and after dinner ( and a lovely white) entered to see Tosca (with more wine at the interrvals). we also had  accompanying us were the voices of Silver sea who were only too wiling to explain and help us  enjoy the show,

Just your average

Joe

Edited by joe_90
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, joe_90 said:

Mysty 343

The email has a header which is locked to your booking but I would be talking to either your ta or ss direct.

This adventure was offered to the 2015 World Cruise and it turned out to be one the best we had ever experienced.

The bing bong went at 16.00 and asked the wc's to go to deck 3. that was strange because that was the tendering deck but off we trotted and there beside the ship was a brand new catamaran  of the passenger carrying type. I made my way to the aft of the vessel and found the Captain and chief engineer , so for the next 40 mins we talked speed boy was she fast) and ship design (great). We stopped at the back of the Opera house and after dinner ( and a lovely white) entered to see Tosca (with more wine at the interrvals). we also had  accompanying us were the voices of Silver sea who were only too wiling to explain and help us  enjoy the show,

Just your average

Joe

I'm expecting the departure from Whisper will be a good bit later on the 2019 WC (we have a lunch engagement downtown) as the email talks about an early dinner onboard Whisper.  It sounds like it will be a magical experience approaching and leaving the Opera House.   Unfortunately the reviews are not the best. We have the same production as the one reviewed but different lead singers. Oh well. We are still looking forward to it. 🙂  https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/opera/opera-review-la-boheme-20181108-p50eoq.html

Edited by turtlemichael

47 minutes ago, turtlemichael said:

For anyone who doesn't know the story of La Boheme, here is the Australian Opera's cheat sheet:  https://opera.org.au/home/productions/la-boheme/cheat-sheet?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItLfyqpil3wIV2gorCh21kwoWEAAYASAAEgJxzfD_BwE#production

Thanks Turtle!  And I think the musical Rent took some inspiration from La Boheme.  Excited for this event!

• Like 1

Question: Is anyone familiar with what sort of shuttle transport is provided by Silversea from our wharf in Whites Bay, Sydney to Downtown? I guess it could be a bus or a tender across to Darling Harbour or Circular Quay? Inquiring minds want to know 🙂 Many thanks.

Edited by turtlemichael