Does RCL adjust ship time with local time???

Jzx1103

We're going to Canada/New England next Fri on the Adventure and was wondering if the 7am to 3pm in St Johns and 9am to 6pm in Halifax stated on the itinerary will be ship time or local time? Or if Royal will match the ship and local time once we get to Canada. Thanks!

Edited by Jzx1103

The ship may or may not change to local time, that is a Captain's decision and may differ cruise to cruise.

Pre-cruise itinerary lists are supposed to be in local time at the time of the cruise.

We're going to Canada/New England next Fri on the Adventure and was wondering if the 7pm to 3pm in St Johns and 9am to 6pm in Halifax stated on the itinerary will be ship time or local time? Or if Royal will match the ship and local time once we get to Canada. Thanks!
No matter what anyone says including RCI CS you will find out when you get on the ship.

On our NE/Canada sailings, the ship did change to local time.

Thanks! So just to clarify, the 7am to 3pm in Saint Johns NB is actually local time in St Johns and not eastern time (which would be 8am to 4pm in St Johns)

On our NE/Canada sailings, the ship did change to local time.

To further point out Royal's inconsistency the ship did not change to local time on our (1) Canada/NE sailing. In my experiences if the time difference between ship and local time is only 1 hour, regardless of where you're sailing, sometimes they change the time sometimes not. If it's more than 1 hour they always change the time. As I said this has just been my experiences.

We're going to Canada/New England next Fri on the Adventure and was wondering if the 7am to 3pm in St Johns and 9am to 6pm in Halifax stated on the itinerary will be ship time or local time? Or if Royal will match the ship and local time once we get to Canada. Thanks!
We did that itinerary on that ship last month, and the time went forward an hour the night we left Bar Harbor, and stayed that way until the night of the last sea day on the way back to Bayonne. HTH

I'm just chiming in to say be careful when looking at your time zones for the cities you've mentioned (you've mentioned two). There's a Saint John, (no s and Saint spelled out) in New Brunswick and then a St. John's (with St. and 's) in Newfoundland. These are on different time zones. I don't think you are visiting Newfoundland which has its own timezone and is a half an hour ahead of New Brunswick.

There is no rhyme or reason to when or if they change time to match local time. However, SHIP'S time is all that matters to YOU....and they will announce any time changes the day prior. Make sure your WATCH (not your cell phone) is set to SHIP'S time before you leave in port...there are clocks at ALL exits. That way, you will know what time to be back onboard!