MSC Divina Sophia Loren Suite

Teacher42

Can anyone who has sailed in this suite #16007 the Sophia Loren Suite, tell us if they were provided with the luxury of having their luggage, not carry-on luggage, being delivered to their cabin with them,at time of boarding..Thank you for your consideration.

I sailed in this suite in January..........and no, my luggage was not taken onboard with me. It was delivered quite promptly though, I think an hour or so after boarding.

Enjoy the suite, it is very nice........though I found the balcony to be a disappointment, being unable to use it for much of the time due to the wind.

Dear Darcy 15: Much appreciated advice. It appears we may have made a mistake in booking this suite before getting your advice about the 2 main reasons we booked this cabin. The promised instantaneous delivery of all our luggage and a large enough balcony to enjoy 2 lounge chairs. I was apprehensive about being in the forward front of the ship and the wind, but I saw plexiglas type wind breakers on the balcony. Oh well, c est la vie, we will try it anyway. Thank you for your prompt reply.

The balcony is a real disappointment.

VERY narrow. Do not try and open your door while the ship is moving as the wind will blow everything in your room.

This is the one real disappointment I have with MSC....the cabins.

We keep coming back because the Yacht Club experience is so incredible....but not the cabins.

On Divina, we have never had a YC1, only 2 & 3.

The YC2 are MUCH better than the YC3 including the Sophia Loren cabin. If you youtube the yacht club it will probably be the YC 2 you see.

The tradeoff being that there is NO balcony on the YC2 and they are on the 12th deck.

That being said....you will still love your cabin....maybe not just the balcony.

On the Seaside, where the YC2 cabins should be, is a different category with NO Yacht Club access.

So....we wound up with a YC1. The cabin reminded me of a regular large, balcony room on other ships although nicely furnished. I surprised how small it was but it did have a nice balcony.

We were in the other royal on Divinia and no, luggage was not delivered with us. It was just like any other trip we've been on.

As far as balcony, IMO the descriptions are a bit extreme. It is narrow but long and wraps to the front, there is the glass panels in the front. Very usable most of the time. We never had all sorts of stuff flying around the room when balcony door open.

had this suite for 21 nights travelling to Brazil - it was great to have the space - the balcony was disappointing and we did have issue opening door with the ship was moving, but when docked, no issue - plenty of room on balcony and does wrap around.... nice to have the 2 rooms, only wished the bedroom also accessed the balcony like we had on the Seaside recently - you will love it and it IS the best cabin on the Divina....so enjoy!!!

Enjoy, but if you are going to have the entirety of the cruise based on your checked luggage accompanying you, you will be disappointed. It will get there much sooner than general boarding, but they will separate it from you to run through security scanners.

And no, MSC never has advertised this is a perk, in the Sophia Loren suite or otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

TrinaLC: You are so right. We have abandoned our hope on our timely luggage arrival. But you should have ended your post at" suite " and you would have been 100% right, but you added the words " or otherwise". Where we got the idea was from the Cruise Critic post on the 8 amenities worth the price of a yacht club suite. May I direct your attention to the link https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2490. I am referring only to # 1 Priority Boarding. So you see I am not pulling this idea out of my hat. My TA called MSC and got a reply that the CC post was completely accurate for the Royal Suite #16007, from 3 different MSC supervisors. But after all the real life, suburb advice from all of you who have already experience the opposite, I do not think MSC corporate in Europe really knows what goes on in the Port of Miami. So I am resigned to have a fabulous time in spite of my later luggage arrival, thanks for all your encouragements.

Edited by Teacher42

TrinaLC: You are so right. We have abandoned our hope on our timely luggage arrival. But you should have ended your post at" suite " and you would have been 100% right, but you added the words " or otherwise". Where we got the idea was from the Cruise Critic post on the 8 amenities worth the price of a yacht club suite. May I direct your attention to the link https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2490. I am referring only to # 1 Priority Boarding. So you see I am not pulling this idea out of my hat. My TA called MSC and got a reply that the CC post was completely accurate for the Royal Suite #16007, from 3 different MSC supervisors. But after all the real life, suburb advice from all of you who have already experience the opposite, I do not think MSC corporate in Europe really knows what goes on in the Port of Miami. So I am resigned to have a fabulous time in spite of my later luggage arrival, thanks for all your encouragements.

Curious concept...is it covered in Freud's Civilization and It's Discontents ? ;)

NYHartChapp: Absolutely, and he also suggests that a constant enjoyable act will (and not can) become repetitious and wearisome. I am hoping that by spacing out these enjoyable cruises I can try to avoid my innate shortcomings. Dr. Victor Frankel in his work 'Man's Search for Meaning' comes to the conclusion (after living and surviving the horrors of a **** concentration camp) that attitude is everything in life. That the only free-will we have is the attitude we choose in response the the predetermined course of events in our lives. As to the word "resigned" in my prior post, I was trying to be humorous, sorry.

Enjoy the trip!

Sent from my iPad using Forums