What is your deck preference for cabin location?

MamaToMany

We are booked on the upcoming 10/13 Bliss sailing and have been assigned a midship balcony on Deck 11. (We booked a GTY) It seems like a nice location, and we like that it’s sandwiched between decks of cabins. After doing some reading, I started to get a little jealous of folks being assigned rooms that are higher up and closer to the Observation Lounge and pool deck. I’m thinking we might be much happier on 11 though, especially since we are hoping to use the stairs as much as possible on this sailing. It seems to sort of split the difference between public areas nicely.

I’m wondering- what is YOUR preference for cabin location? Why?

The deck preference for me depends on the ship. I like to be slightly higher on the ship. I also prefer forward. I know most prefer mid/aft. I also won't ever travel again without at least an OV. My next is a Jr. Suite w/balcony (deck 11/14) and then Balcony in Jan 2020 (deck 16/19).

We like a mid to mid-aft balcony on a somewhat higher deck near the elevators. But now we are addicted to spa cabins, so that limits our choice. We love the spas on NCL Away class and Celebrity Solstice class. We still try to be near the elevator, though.

Mary Ann

I like to be able to hop down one or two flights of stairs to the core Atrium area, with its activities and restaurants. Ship is also a little more stable lower down. Never had a problem with noise in over a dozen cruises.

We on the Bliss September 22nd and we have 11102 front of ship.Look like it will be nice viewing from window. I'm just praying it quite. I've had cabin that you can hear people in the next cabin,I think that one was adjoining cabins.No sleep at night!! Anyone ever stayed in these cabins?

Quiet at night is my only criterion. That's why we book midship balconies with cabins above and below and will never bid on an upgrade. I couldn't appreciate a suite if it meant listening to ugly music or deck chairs scraping at quiet moments.

I feel exactly the same way 👍

Quiet at night is my only criterion. That's why we book midship balconies with cabins above and below and will never bid on an upgrade. I couldn't appreciate a suite if it meant listening to ugly music or deck chairs scraping at quiet moments.

Exactly!

Like most of you , prefer an upper deck balcony mid-ship cabin sandwiched between two cabin decks

BUT

one cruise we got a lower deck OV on the Carnival Glory . There was extreme fog for much of the cruise with the ship's foghorn going all night . It destroyed the sleep of those on the upper decks . Not us ! We barely heard it at all from our cabin . :D