Vroom is $11.95 and Drink Package + Vroom $53

gaylemh

I guess they mixed up the Surf only and Surf and Stream prices for 2, 3 and 4 devices.

Prices in Euro for our Ovation cruise:

....................Surf only ................Surf and Stream

1 device ........8.79 ............................10.55

2 devices .....18.48 ...........................16.71

3 devices .....25.85 ...........................23.74

4 devices .....32.01 ...........................29.90

I am still at $18.99 for 2 devices surf/stream for my sailings in November and January. I just noticed that the surf only is $20.98. I think someone must have screwed up somewhere but it was to my advantage. Last night the package was $19.98 on my TA in November. This am it is at $18.99. So far I am way ahead and will continue to check. If only this was working for my Brilliance TA in November 2019.... :o:o:o
Yeah so far no deals on anything for either of my 2019 cruises.

The prices on the 9/15 Harmony cruise keep changing.

Surf + Stream went from $10.79 up to $11.99 for 1 device, but the 2 device package went down from $19.99 to $18.99. 3 devices went up from $24.99 to $26.98. Still overall cheaper than last week, but it seems they are still finding the right price. It also says if you see a good price, get it!

The slower Surf plan was at one point more than Surf + Stream yesterday at $11.99, but dropped to $9.99 as of now. 2 devices will cost you more than the faster plan at $20.98. Odd, I know.

What's also funny is we both have the Deluxe + Voom package. However, if we get the stand alone Deluxe drink package with the 2 device Voom package, we may save a dollar a day... unless they do Royal math and somehow charge more. I'm gonna stick to what I have and not mess up a good thing ...

I can’t find it for my sailing. Not sure it is because it’s not offered or it’s just another website issue. Errrrr!

Dumb question, is Voom for unlimited minutes and data? I can’t even find where it is explained on the website.

I can’t find it for my sailing. Not sure it is because it’s not offered or it’s just another website issue. Errrrr!

Dumb question, is Voom for unlimited minutes and data? I can’t even find where it is explained on the website.

Voom is unlimited usage, most likely within reason.

VOOM is a marketing term for Internet on RCI. Surf, Stream are the two tiers of service offered, with stream having about 10x the potential download speed of Surf (for many uses the download speed diff does not translate to any appreciable performance diff in real life).

You can still go through your carrier if you only need a few texts/calls made, but many have set up their phones with WiFi calling and use VOOM to text/make calls instead.

Thank you for answering my question. :D

I will only be wanting to use my phone for a few calls/texts/email checking. I don't plan on using alot of social media websites like Facebook, Youtube...etc. I just want to be connected to "Home".

I am also interested in texting back and forth with those I am cruising with, and hoping they get the cell package too.

I am also interested in texting back and forth with those I am cruising with, and hoping they get the cell package too.

There's usually no cell package and availability and cost depends on your carrier (not the ship) - texts are typically 50 cents each.