Tea time

AAAAmerican

We went for the first time on the Dream this summer and loved it. We did pay for the better tea. They had cucumber and salmon sandwiches and then some sweets that were delicious. Glad we finally tried it.

Good for you. The Dream is the next ship we sail and will be our first time aboard her. Was the tea held in a MDR and if so which, please?

Love Carnival's afternoon tea . On our first cruise the tea time had a pianist playing for us . Wonderful !

Believe me, it is NOT the money, but the nerve to charge for a tea bag. UGH

Cheers

Len

Whenever someone says , it's not about the money , it's about the money !

Good for you. The Dream is the next ship we sail and will be our first time aboard her. Was the tea held in a MDR and if so which, please?

Have fun on the Dream! Yes is was in the MDR in the aft or back of the ship, I can't remember the name. Also note I couldn't find it easily listed on the HUB app but did see it in the Fun Times. I think they had it the second and last sea day but not sure.

Most Americans don't know the difference between high tea and afternoon tea.....:o

Since I am an American, as are many others here, perhaps you could enlighten us, instead of just gloating over something you think you know that we don’t.

Have fun on the Dream! Yes is was in the MDR in the aft or back of the ship, I can't remember the name. Also note I couldn't find it easily listed on the HUB app but did see it in the Fun Times. I think they had it the second and last sea day but not sure.

Thanks for this. You're right, Carnival doesn't make it easy to find the afternoon tea. Rather than listing it as an event of the day in chronological order it is lumped together in the food and beverage section of the Fun Times.

Since I am an American, as are many others here, perhaps you could enlighten us, instead of just gloating over something you think you know that we don’t.
I'll give you the run down without the snobbery... Lol... Afternoon tea is tea with teeny sammiches and scones. Basically what Carnival is providing. A real high tea is more of a meal and called that because it's served at the dining or "high" table. But... I'm guessing it's served at the regular dining tables on the ship, so one could technically get away with calling it hug tea... Lol... [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I agree. Most of the other lines have stopped doing afternoon tea and I am very impressed that Carnival still continues it for free.

Also love the brunch on sea days. Other lines it is charged.

BTW I have always brought my own teabags. Yorkshire Gold!!!

Yorkshire Gold is my favorite!! Have never found a better tasting tea!

Finally did this on the Vista a few weeks ago. It was set up really pretty with tablecloths and fancy napkin displays etc but the food, gross! My daughter and her friends on a different day tHen I went and thought the food was bad too, some looked pretty but was my good.

i will say it was nice and quiet and air conditioned so a nice break fro m the heat and music of the outdoor decks. While enjoying sea views.

Geez buddy, chill,

If you look at my location is says Chicago (born and bred). I was just pointing out that many Americans don't know there is a difference. High tea is served like a supper, that is when the children would be fed their evening meal, the adult would have their dinner much later in the evening.

Love Carnival's afternoon tea . On our first cruise the tea time had a pianist playing for us . Wonderful !

Whenever someone says , it's not about the money , it's about the money !

Since you made a thing of it, my DW drinks at least 5 cups of tea a day. Times that by say 7 days for a cruise and that equals about $70 to drink tea she likes. Do YOU think that is worth it?

Cheers

Len

Since you made a thing of it, my DW drinks at least 5 cups of tea a day. Times that by say 7 days for a cruise and that equals about $70 to drink tea she likes. Do YOU think that is worth it?

Cheers

Len

So have her bring her favorite tea . Hot water is free. Problem solved .

And you are proving my point, It's clearly about the money .

Dear richstowe,

Yes many do bring the cup-a tea stock. Many ships now have in cabin boling devices too.

Actually is Hot Water really FREE? You are paying for the cruise..

Did you know at the Afternoon Teas on Carnival lines they also salute the Military?

With people putting the Tea on that comment card as well telling the HotMan ( Hotel Manager ) what they want, like, and/or desire it works...

Bring your favorite flavor/brand of tea bag and the issue of paying for low quality is solved. 3 or 4 tea bags won't break your packing.

Last year on the Dream we did the tea time. For some reason they sat my wife and I (old) with 3 young GI's who were having a fun time. Turns out, since we are Army brats, and I work in the defense industry, there was a lot to talk about. Great time. those 3 even stopped in to check with us several times for the rest of the cruise, like we were their default chaperones. We will be there again on the Dream in december.

Obviously you didn't take the time to ready my posts. I already said my DW beings her own tea bags. In fact she usually brings enough to supply most of our table every night.

It was NOT about the money but about Carnival being the only cruise line who does something as cheap as this.

Cheers

Len

Obviously you didn't take the time to ready my posts. I already said my DW beings her own tea bags. In fact she usually brings enough to supply most of our table every night.

It was NOT about the money but about Carnival being the only cruise line who does something as cheap as this.

Cheers

Len

[/quote

You mentioned that your wife will drink $70 in specialty tea for a 7 day cruise, so are you saying that you think Carnival should provide your specialty teas for the whole cruise at no extra charge or just during the tea time? I am sure everyone would wish that any cruise line would provide their favorite beverage at no additional cost, I guess I am not understanding how tea is different, and as you admit it is not about just one serving, you seem to expect it for the whole cruise. At home does the grocery story charge the same for her favorites as they do ordinary tea?

Thanks for this. You're right, Carnival doesn't make it easy to find the afternoon tea. Rather than listing it as an event of the day in chronological order it is lumped together in the food and beverage section of the Fun Times.

It's listed in the food and beverage section because it is a food and beverage offering - even if it can be entertaining. I think on Princess it is the same.

I am hoping to try Tea Time next year. I heard that if you have the Cheers program that will cover the cost of the upgraded tea. Is that true?

As far as I know it is. I think we had some at our table get with their Cheers program.

I actually enjoy Lipton and struggle at other places with finding just a basic, plain tea. While it is an inconvenience to bring your own bags, at least it's allowed - unlike having a specific brand of alcohol if the ship doesn't carry it.

For those who would like a variety of teas - and assuming Carnival won't start providing them complimentary - would you rather:

1. Keep the event as included but bring your own brand?

2. Have a cover charge for tea time (like Dr. Seuss Breakfast) and have unlimited choice of all options?

3. Keep the event as included and purchase their specialty tea?

I wouldn't want to pay $2 for a brand that I might not like, so I would probably bring my own that I know I'd like (or bring a new assortment to try at a cheaper per bag price).

Cheers

Len

You must be going on different cruise lines then me . First most lines do not have free afternoon tea . Second most charge for "premium tea' . I believe only HAL offered these teas for free .I know Celebrity , RCI , and NCL charge extra . Not sure about Princess but believe they charge . And yet you want Carnival , who's rates are generally the lowest to not attempt to improve their bottom line ?

It's clearly about the money for the cheapest of the cheap .