If someone gets caught sneaking Booze

traveler2100

Pouring booze into a glorified baggie and sneaking it on the ship in one's luggage seems a bit too much like alcoholism to me.

Never did it but there is the thrill of the chase to consider.:)

Besides people who purchase cheers and do their best to have 15 drinks fit your description a bit more dont you think

Carnival cruise line is the worst with trying to sneak liquor on board, just put your stuff in a plastic bottle and put it in your luggage. If you take it onboard, they charge you a $25 uncorking fee [emoji849] screw you Carnival.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

That little, huh? Have you ever been on a Carnival cruise?

Pouring booze into a glorified baggie and sneaking it on the ship in one's luggage seems a bit too much like alcoholism to me.
A logic class would help you. How does a disease like alcoholism happen to someone that doesn't want to pay cruise line prices on drinks?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

A logic class would help you. How does a disease like alcoholism happen to someone that doesn't want to pay cruise line prices on drinks?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

I was referring more to the idea of pouring one's booze into a glorified baggie to avoid detection. It just smacks too much of the "hiding your booze" behavior that's supposed to be one of the symptoms of problem drinking.

know plenty of people who either

a. just throw a bottle of Titos in the bag- if they take it, big whoop. out 20 bucks. if they dont see it- i have cocktails before dinner.

b. put it in mouthwash containers.

c.buy the cheers or beverage packages (not sure the name on RCCL_

Last morning.
Depends on the length of the cruise

Policy

All alcohol purchased in ports will be stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained items will be available for collection in a designated lounge on the morning of debarkation for cruise durations 5 days and less; for cruise durations 6 days and more, alcohol will be delivered to guest staterooms after 7:00pm, the evening prior to debarkation (some exceptions may apply).

Sent from my LM-G710 using Forums mobile app

Today i heard there were 13 people denied boarding for staying to smuggle alcohol. Don't know if it was rc or carnival but good for them for enforcing their rules.

This did not happen on Carnival. If you listen to John Heald, they are the fun ships and if this is how they do business, they will lose many customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This did not happen on Carnival. If you listen to John Heald, they are the fun ships and if this is how they do business, they will lose many customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Smugglers greatly overvalue themselves. It would have no impact on the majority of cruisers.

I don't know what you paid, but the last time we were on Carnival "which was about 5 ys ago" we paid a $25 uncorking fee in the dining room for a $20 bottle of wine we took on board. The next night we paid $65 for another bottle of wine from the ship which cost us $20 on land. Bottom line.....get drunk ***** the islands.

I don't know what you paid, but the last time we were on Carnival "which was about 5 ys ago" we paid a $25 uncorking fee in the dining room for a $20 bottle of wine we took on board. The next night we paid $65 for another bottle of wine from the ship which cost us $20 on land. Bottom line.....get drunk ***** the islands.

it was obviously a mistake of some sort

Corkage Fee

A $15 USD corkage fee, per 750 ml bottle, will be charged should guests wish to consume their wine or champagne in the main dining room, specialty restaurant or bar.

A corkage fee is a charge assessed at time of service at a restaurant for every bottle served that is not bought on the premises.

Booze in a Rum Runner, mouth-wash bottles, etc could be a violation of some states open container laws. So there is a possibility that local authorities could arrest or ticket a person if the booze is discovered in the port.

What???

Let me add some clarity to open container laws. Those pertain to use or being a passenger in a motor vehicle. Your comments lend themselves to transfer of alcohol from one container to another, that's not related to open container laws.

Sounds like you did. We've sailed since the Mardi Gras and the corkage fee has never been $25.

Ask a bartender for a wine glass. Fill it in your cabin and carry it to dinner or wherever you are going in enclosed deck areas.

What???

Let me add some clarity to open container laws. Those pertain to use or being a passenger in a motor vehicle. Your comments lend themselves to transfer of alcohol from one container to another, that's not related to open container laws.

Open container law also apply in certain public areas. These vary by state, http://www.ncsl.org/research/financial-services-and-commerce/open-container-and-consumption-statutes.aspx

Open container law also apply in certain public areas. These vary by state, http://www.ncsl.org/research/financial-services-and-commerce/open-container-and-consumption-statutes.aspx

There is no law that prevents someone from the transfer of alcohol to a rum runner or any other container. Zero. Your reaching here...

• 2 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:41 PM, Lottacruises said:

Do stores consider shoplifting and other shrinkage into their prices?

Ships aren't "loosing" anything.  Passengers, if forced to pay for drinks will simply drink a bit less.  I have "smuggled" booze on, years ago, and bought as many drinks from the ships bars as I would had I not "smuggled".  I made a drink in the room and took it out but had I not had the booze in the cabin I would just simply not drink as much.  I set limits on how much I will spend on cruises.