Hotels in London

rcarrosq

We are sailing on Princess in June 2019 out of Southampton and will arrive 3 days early so we can sightsee in London. We've booked the Dreamtel in Kensington and are wondering if we need to bring a power converter to charge iphones/ipads etc. I've looked on the hotel website and it's not addressed there. Has anyone stayed in this hotel and if so, do they have any american style electrical outlets in the rooms or should we buy one before we go?

Thanks for any insight

All of your electronics should be dual voltage, so all you need is a plug adapter. Don’t expect to find US style plugs in the room. UK plugs have 3 straight prongs in a T shape. Google to see what they look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You will find American-style electrical outlets in some business-orientated hotels in London. The Dreamtel appears to be a long way from that - in such budget accommodation I would not expect it.

As stated above, you probably only need an adapter, not a converter, but check what you are bringing (especially things like hairdryers) is all dual voltage.

... but check what you are bringing (especially things like hairdryers) is all dual voltage.
What you're looking for is an indication on the technical label of the applicance or power source that it will accept AC input across a wide range of voltages - typically 100-240V AC.

The OP asked only about chargers. I would not bring a hair dryer whether it was single voltage or even dual voltage. Single voltage hairdryers need powerful converters (not plug adapters) and dual voltage ones generally have only one heat level when used at 220V.