Entertainment

larry_s_taco

We are sailing on the Zuiderdam in December. I've heard rumors that HAL is doing away with the evening shows. We've heard rumors that HAL is doing away with the evening entertainment in the theater. Is this true?

I know the shows can be hokey at times, but overall, we have seen some very good ones. We've seen some very good magicians, aerialists, and one that particular stands out was a Cirque du Soleil type of act. We really hope that they keep the shows.

I think that might be happening on the Maasdam after it become the explorer ship. They are going to be doing more local port entertainment from what I have heard.

Yes, I am really hoping some of our CCers will report back on the changes when she switches over to explorer cruises at the beginning if next month. We love Maasdam and wish her and all those who sail on her all the best. She is a lovely ship we have enjoyed much.

But yes, I would assume she would be the only one who would change significantly. We are really looking forwards to seeing what HAL has in store for us in Feb but we are easy to please. BB Kings alone will probably do us just fine. :D

There was a lot of information posted. Thanks to everyone who responded. I thought that I would post the link that appears on the other post similar to this one. https://www.rwsnyc.com/auditions/

This is information from the new entertainment company that has HAL's contracts. It is for those who want to apply for an audition for the new shows on HAL.

Click on the tab on top of the page for "WORK", and then scroll down and click Holland America Line. There is a video of what the new shows are going to look like. It looks like they are offering a new type of show rather than eliminating them completely. I guess only time and experience will tell if they are as good or better than the old ones.

Larry...that video shows clips from Koningsdam, and are over two years old.

Entertaining? Yes. Super incredible and worth paying extra for? No.

I wish one cruise line would book real stars. Beyonce, Kenny Chesney, Taylor Swift, Adele, etc. The tickets would be expensive, but how awesome to see performers like that up close.

For those faithful, long term HAL cruisers: Bob Dylan, Carole King, Elton John, etc.