I think I got a good deal??

We are going on Adventure of the Seas in October. I went online today and saw that a balcony guarantee was available. We currently had an inside cabin. When I called the total price to switch was $7.00!!! I hope I did alright. I have never done a guarantee before. We always picked our own cabin. I just hope I don't get a connecting room. I read here that if that happens I may be able to call and change it if they still have cabins in the same category. Hoping that's true.

For $7 ????? Who cares if it is a connecting cabin, noisy cabin, wrong deck cabin, close to the elevator cabin, next door to a drunk and disorderly cabin??????? I'll take it !!!!!

I'd rather have an inside, even at the same price, to avoid a connecting cabin.

Husband and I did a Guaranteed Balcony on Oasis last year and ended up with a connecting room. Other than seeing the door there the first day, we never would have had any other indications that it was connected. Not a single issue. Point being - if it is connected, you’ll be fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's great! We had interior room booked...4 of us in 161 sq ft. For a bit more we switched to balcony guarantee. Got assigned spacious balcony at 203 sq ft so much better plus balcony. Room was aft room (literally) so I just called and switched to another in same category. Worked out great. What I did while waiting for assignment was see available balcony rooms using Royal UK site as they show all available. And check cruise planner often so you know when you have been assigned a room. Good luck.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

You got a great deal. I have had connecting cabins in the past and have had no problem at all with noise. The only thing I did not like was the chair instead of a sofa but the guarantee price was so much better. Go and have a great time.

Husband and I did a Guaranteed Balcony on Oasis last year and ended up with a connecting room. Other than seeing the door there the first day, we never would have had any other indications that it was connected. Not a single issue. Point being - if it is connected, you’ll be fine!

Glad you had no problems. After 44 cruises and several connecting cabins this has not been my experience. Lack of insulation from the connecting door has enabled me to hear every word of neighbors conversations, TV's , passing gas, having sex, do I need to say more? I repeat, I avoid connecting cabins at all costs

We’ve had connected cabins several times. Only once was there a bit of a problem with over-loud neighbors. On day 2, I knocked on their door, introduced myself and asked if they had any idea that I could hear everything because of the connecting door. The rest of the cruise was very quiet and we spoke cordially around the balcony partition several times. Most passengers with a connected cabin know that sounds travel and don’t want neighbors knowing their business.

we had connecting cabins on our last Oasis cruise and like you no big deal.

Only difference is with the connecting rooms we got a chair instead of a sofa.

I also like cabins near the elevators. No noise there either, at least none that bothered me.:)

Bill

That's great! We had interior room booked...4 of us in 161 sq ft. For a bit more we switched to balcony guarantee. Got assigned spacious balcony at 203 sq ft so much better plus balcony. Room was aft room (literally) so I just called and switched to another in same category. Worked out great. What I did while waiting for assignment was see available balcony rooms using Royal UK site as they show all available. And check cruise planner often so you know when you have been assigned a room. Good luck.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

What cabin were you assigned that you changed?

I was in a connecting cabin on Explorer of the Seas where I was hearing the occupants of the cabin quite clearly. Went to guest services to complain about it and they had someone add tape to the connecting door (both sides, I presume) all the way around the door. Completely silent after that. Of course, some of that might be the other occupants essentially coming to know they could be heard and maybe they learned how to speak in an inside voice. :)

I've had quiet connecting cabins and noisy neighbors that I could hear even when the cabins weren't connecting. Much depends upon the behavior of your neighbors. Enjoy your trip

Yeah we just had teenagers very loud on balcony next door playing music very loud and past 10 so we called and someone came and spoke to them.

We were assigned 1690 on Mariner. It got good reviews due to larger balcony, but not sure how I felt about being right at the back and higher deck.

That's one of the wake facing aft primo aft cabins, only issue is it's right above is the windjammer, can hear some noise early in the morning sometimes, other then that really no issues but a beautiful view never the less.

Jimbo:)

...are my husband and I the only people who travel with a white noise machine?! If we’re in a situation like this, we place it by the adjoining room and voila! Problem solved. Drowns out everything.

To the OP: great deal! If you’re worried about noise from an adjoining cabin, bring a white noise machine!

You got a great deal. I have had connecting cabins in the past and have had no problem at all with noise. The only thing I did not like was the chair instead of a sofa but the guarantee price was so much better. Go and have a great time.

Same here never thought that was a issue, maybe we were lucky.