Royal Caribbean ultimate dinning

Would you recommend it on a smaller ship? We are on the Serenade B2B next August for the Baltic. I was wondering if there would be enough variety.

Depends how much you enjoy (or don't enjoy) the MDR. Some do specialty dining every night because they want the service and atmosphere of a more intimate venue. If you need a different venue each night to justify the cost, then I'd skip it on the smaller ships.

Will you recommend ultimate dinning package???

My last two cruises I did Ultimate Dining Package and loved. It's really a good deal too when you count lunches on sea days. On my report below it has all my ultimate dining meals in it. It does all come down to how much of a foodie you are.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2563426

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Depends how much you enjoy (or don't enjoy) the MDR. Some do specialty dining every night because they want the service and atmosphere of a more intimate venue. If you need a different venue each night to justify the cost, then I'd skip it on the smaller ships.

I did the 4 night package on our last Harmony cruise and loved it!!! We only ate in the MDR on formal nights (love the lobster).

I have done 18 cruises so far and am getting tired of the MDR food. The food in the specialty restaurants we have tried was great but wouldn’t we get tired of the menu at Chops and Giovannis every night? Has anyone done that? I don’t like the A La Carte pricing at Izumi and you can’t go to chefs table, right?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did the 4 night package on our last Harmony cruise and loved it!!! We only ate in the MDR on formal nights (love the lobster).

I have done 18 cruises so far and am getting tired of the MDR food. The food in the specialty restaurants we have tried was great but wouldn’t we get tired of the menu at Chops and Giovannis every night? Has anyone done that? I don’t like the A La Carte pricing at Izumi and you can’t go to chefs table, right?

On lobster night they bring in lobster tails for you in the specialty restaurants. This was my experience when on Oasis. They brought me two.

I would suggest waiting until you are onboard and see how the other options seem to you. You can get some pretty good deals usually if you wait. Some of the 4 night packages make you do 2 the first 2 nights, which is not what I would call the best 2 nights to go to specialty dining. First night I just want to relax and get acquainted with the ship, usually tired from travel and would prefer not to have a set time for dinner.

I would suggest waiting until you are onboard and see how the other options seem to you. You can get some pretty good deals usually if you wait. Some of the 4 night packages make you do 2 the first 2 nights, which is not what I would call the best 2 nights to go to specialty dining. First night I just want to relax and get acquainted with the ship, usually tired from travel and would prefer not to have a set time for dinner.

The 4 night packages are either night 1 or 2.

It’s a little too much food for me, do not want big lunch then dinner , we normally do 5 specialty on a 7 day cruise, last cruise we did breakfast , lunch then dinner a couple of times in chops , we were in suite so breakfast and lunch were no extra cost.

We were on Rhapsody this summer on a 7 night Mediterranean cruise. We purchased the Ultimate Dining Package and we rotated between Chops, Giovanni’s and Izumi for dinner and we had lunch at Izumi on both sea days. We never paid anything extra in Izumi despite their a la Carter pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you make reservations online ahead of the cruise if you buy the ultimate dining package?

We have never had problems making reservations on embarkation day in any of the Specialty restaurants, at DL or CL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With 3, 4 or 5 night plans you also can not reserve ahead of time , only night that seems to be really crowded is first night , had no issues getting restaurant we wanted the other nights, just get reservations as soon as you board can go to any of the specialty restaurants and they can do all reservation for the week.

No Chefs table, but you do have Wonderland, 150 CP, and Jamie's as additional choices. Some have reported they can get Izumi Hibachi as a choice as well as no charge for regular Izumi. Hooked is also included if your ship has one.

It’s a little too much food for me, do not want big lunch then dinner , we normally do 5 specialty on a 7 day cruise, last cruise we did breakfast , lunch then dinner a couple of times in chops , we were in suite so breakfast and lunch were no extra cost.

Do sky suites on Harmony include breakfast and lunch?

No Chefs table, but you do have Wonderland, 150 CP, and Jamie's as additional choices. Some have reported they can get Izumi Hibachi as a choice as well as no charge for regular Izumi. Hooked is also included if your ship has one.

One ship has Hooked: Symphony