Non surge protector

just saw a video on u tube from a couple on rc and they got there non surge protector confiscated they said Royal Caribbean is not allowing any of them on board. Any thoughts?

Leave it home. Nothing new. Electrical extension cords are listed on RCs prohibited items list.

It wasn’t a power strip it was a non surge square plug in,just to have extra plugs they said no to all non surge anything just repeating what this couple said on there video as of last week

That's more detail than what you first posted.

How soon before?

I don’t want them to run out of extension cords before I request one.

You can do it the day you board. Our steward brought us three. No lie. All ten or twenty foot bright orange heavy duty ones.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We boarded the Oasis today at about 11:30am today. After dinner my piece of luggage hadn't arrived to the cabin, our cabin steward said it was downstairs (Deck 2) in Security.

Yep. My brand new, bought from Amazon, NON-SURGE Protector, in the box with the paperwork was confiscated. My pleas went on totally deaf ears. I was told to pick it up after the cruise.

I was told to have our cabin steward get one for us. He had one in his cart. A black, regular-looking one. So, that's what I'm using.

I'd recommend not wasting your own money. It seems to make no difference. Just ask when you get onboard to borrow one from Oasis.

Bobbi

I guess I will order one of these.

9bdc097a1c7df0ab30b9e53bba31b686.jpg

This type of thing is all we have used for years. 95% of the people that bring on power strips really just need to plug things in to USB ports, and could get by with one of these just fine. It’s way less messy than using a regular power strip anyway.

We had 3 extension cords confiscated on Aug 10, and 2 had surge protectors. I also have the 5 port USB charger that was posted from amazon and this works great. The plug is long enough that it will reach to sit on the table at the end of the bed, and with a 10ft charger cable your phone can reach the bed. Don't take an extension cord. I didn't even think about it because we had taken them before...but they aren't needed with the USB charger.

About extension cords and CPAPs.

For Harmony cruise there was distilled in the cabin but no extension cord. This was not an issue as there is an outlet on one of the side tables next to the bed. I am sure it is an as needed basis.

One thing that is nice is that RCCL doesn't charge for the distilled water. At least one of the other cruiseline charges for it. I can't remembered which one as I read several of the cruise line boards here.

Yes, if you notify special_needs@rccl.com prior to the cruise, they will give you extension cords and distilled water.

My wife and I have both had CPAPs for 15+ years. During that time we've cruised Royal 28 times (#29 next week). I've contacted special_needs every time to provide an extension cord for each of us. *Never* have they provided two, and over 50% of the time haven't provided even one, and asking our room steward was usually met with "we're all out" after he tried to procure them. There's no way I'm not bringing two of my own extension cords in case we get none and a triple cube in case we get only one. I have no faith that either we'll each get one or we'll get just one with more than one outlet on the end that we can both plug into.

My wife and I have both had CPAPs for 15+ years. During that time we've cruised Royal 28 times (#29 next week). I've contacted special_needs every time to provide an extension cord for each of us. *Never* have they provided two, and over 50% of the time haven't provided even one, and asking our room steward was usually met with "we're all out" after he tried to procure them. There's no way I'm not bringing two of my own extension cords in case we get none and a triple cube in case we get only one. I have no faith that either we'll each get one or we'll get just one with more than one outlet on the end that we can both plug into.

Only playing devils advocate, what will you do if security takes your extension cords and your triple cube that you bring with you? Are you going notify the special needs dept. prior to your cruise and make the request anyway. Bon Voyage.

Only playing devils advocate, what will you do if security takes your extension cords and your triple cube that you bring with you? Are you going notify the special needs dept. prior to your cruise and make the request anyway. Bon Voyage.

Oh, I already notified special needs the day of our final payment. I always give them the chance to provide either two cords or one cord with multiple outlets, but they never come through, which is why we bring what we need. If they take them and then don't provide us with a way to plug in two CPAPs, then I'll be a Royal (pun intended) Pain to them until they do. They can't be allowed make a rule to take away accessories necessary for medical equipment and then not provide adequate replacements. Not acceptable.

My non-surge protector strip was confiscated in March on the Navigator. They told us the policy had JUST changed to include ALL power strips. He said our room steward would supply us one. THAT was a LIE....all he had was a big orange extension cord which didn't help us at all. Very frustrating having ONE plug to fight over all week!