Any "Overage" Charge in Michael's Club

garyl62

I am presently on Silhouette in an RS. I asked for a glass of either Tattinger or Perrier Jouet when in Michael's. I was told only Chandon is available. I asked more than once and received the same response.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

I'm shocked... No Champagne in Michael's.......We've always been served champagne in MC before...

We're joining the ship on Saturday so slightly concerned if there is a drop in standards. Are there other failings in the RS experience?

I had requested a wine thru the shore side concierge that apparently they dont stock anymore. I emailed the shore side concierge about the issue and she replied that she is "working" the issue with the MCC and suite manager. There was a line at Gastro Bar tonight so I ended up getting a very nice $15 per glass wine at Ensamble that I carried into MC. The MCC on here only talks to the penthouse and royal suite guests. Very sad the deterioration of MC!!!

Sent from my LGUS997 using Forums mobile app

Really? That’s a shame, We were in a sky suite on Equinox 2 weeks ago and MCC was fabulous. She spoke to us the minute we walked into MC and we were treated so well. I have only been on Celebrity once before and that was in a celebrity suite. Both times were wonderful, although our sky suite experience topped the celebrity suite! I doubt I’ll ever be in a Royal suite or Penthouse. I honestly can’t say enough good things about Aveline. We had a premium Bev package and didn’t get many drinks in MC, so I can’t comment on that. Enjoy the rest of your cruise- you lucky person- I can’t wait to book another!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am presently on Silhouette in an RS. I asked for a glass of either Tattinger or Perrier Jouet when in Michaels. I was told only Chandon is available. I asked more than once and received the same response.

There are thousands of liquor in the market.there is no where Celebrity able to have every single one.on shelfs.

Chandon is one of the premium brand I dont think I will have problem with that.

There are thousands of liquor in the market.there is no where Celebrity able to have every single one.on shelfs.

Can we agree to disagree. I am aware that Chandon comes from the house of Moet & Chandon. Interestingly, it is not sold in the UK. It is not champagne and is classed as sparkling wine as in the EU only wine from the champagne region is champagne.

As regards there being 1000s of drinks on the market and not all are available to Celebrity. A bottle of Perrier Jouet is given to suites at embarkation by Celebrity, I do not consider it unreasonable to ask for the same champagne in Michaels. I have had a bottle of Cristal whilst in board purchased at my cost and I was not asking for that. That would be unreasonable.

There may may thousands of brands of liquor in the world, vodkas, whiskys, red wines , white wines etc.

Chandon may be a premium American Sparkling dry white wine but it is not a champagne. As I understand it YP was asking for champagne and named one of the cheapest ones available on board. The same one they give us in the room as a welcome gift so not hard to obtain on board.

If one asked for a bourbon and they said all that could be served was scotch would that be ok?

I'm shocked... No Champagne in Michael's.......We've always been served champagne in MC before...

We're joining the ship on Saturday so slightly concerned if there is a drop in standards. Are there other failings in the RS experience?

Life in an RS. Well our RS was was not found to be properly clean at embarcation. So. The toilet was, well we wouldn't use it. The bath was not clean.

After the loo was cleaned, I was washing my hands and was about to dry them on a clean unused towel only to find it had someone's nasal discharge "snot" on the towel. All of this was within the first few hours of being in suite. Each incident required a trip to the conceirge and yes I did take the offending towel down with me. Yuk.

To use English vernacular, the suite is grubby. The sofas need a deep clean. Actually, the whole suite needs a steam clean. I travel with wipes so clean the most offensive bits I cleaned myself because I felt if I raised it further it might affect the attendant who has an impossible job.

Still on the first day. We were presented with 3 apples not fruit bowl. There was a bottle of Celebrity Vintages not the Perrior Jouet in the champagne bucket. When I raised the issue, I was told this was the correct set up? My MiL in a SS was given also Vintages but I know that Celebrity UK brochures at the time of booking and the latest edition, lists Jouet for all suites. Both bottles were changed but it came across that they were doing me a favour. Spoke to another couple in either CS or SS who were given Vintages.

Michaels does get very busy at times. At the first officers event, chairs ran out and we couldn't get a drink. The poor staff were run off their feet because the event was packed. Afternoon tea on another occasion packed, again could get seat but no tables to eat. I heard a complaint from another guest that they were still waiting after 20 minutes to request a cup of tea. We left and went to al Bacio which had very quick service.

........There was a bottle of Celebrity Vintages not the Perrior Jouet in the champagne bucket. When I raised the issue, I was told this was the correct set up? My MiL in a SS was given also Vintages but I know that Celebrity UK brochures at the time of booking and the latest edition, lists Jouet for all suites. Both bottles were changed but it came across that they were doing me a favour. Spoke to another couple in either CS or SS who were given Vintages.......Forums mobile app

I have just checked the UK website and for both RS and Sky it states "Welcome bottle of Perrier-Jouët"

My MiL is also in a sky suite and we tend to pass our PJ onto her as she likes a glass in the morning with orange juice. Sparkling dry white wine is not the same. Do I need to bring along proof that when we booked ( and now on the web site ) that PJ was listed as an amenity?

Who is currently MCC? I know John was earlier in the summer but is now on Connie.

Can we agree to disagree. I am aware that Chandon comes from the house of Moet & Chandon. Interestingly, it is not sold in the UK. It is not champagne and is classed as sparkling wine as in the EU only wine from the champagne region is champagne.

Moet & Chandon is the champagne of success and glamour since 1743.

In order to bear the label, ‘Champagne’, a sparkling wine must originate from this northeastern region of France—called Champagne—and adhere to strict quality standards. Made up of the three towns Reims, Épernay

Moet & Chandon is from Epernay.

Moet & Chandon is the champagne of success and glamour since 1743.

In order to bear the label, ‘Champagne’, a sparkling wine must originate from this northeastern region of France—called Champagne—and adhere to strict quality standards. Made up of the three towns Reims, Épernay

Moet & Chandon is from Epernay.

..... But the Chandon on board celebrity ships comes from the Napa Valley

The suite life on Celebrity is very nice and I freely admit that I enjoy it too, but I get a chuckle from this thread. I think close to 100 percent of the world population would chuckle or perhaps just shake their heads at us.

The suite life on Celebrity is very nice and I freely admit that I enjoy it too, but I get a chuckle from this thread. I think close to 100 percent of the world population would chuckle or perhaps just shake their heads at us.
I completely agree. When I started this thread I just wondered if people had experience requesting something that was above the premium beverage allowance and what happened if they did. There have been countless times I have just been shaking my head, smiling, and thinking "first world problems". Not to say I haven't enjoyed the conversation, but we could all have bigger concerns.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Forums mobile app

I have just checked the UK website and for both RS and Sky it states "Welcome bottle of Perrier-Jouët"

My MiL is also in a sky suite and we tend to pass our PJ onto her as she likes a glass in the morning with orange juice. Sparkling dry white wine is not the same. Do I need to bring along proof that when we booked ( and now on the web site ) that PJ was listed as an amenity?

Who is currently MCC? I know John was earlier in the summer but is now on Connie.

MCC is Niko. Absolutely delightful and helpful.

As regards PJ, I can only relay my experience. It won't do any harm to take evidence with you just in case.

It would appear that this is deemed as a first world problem by some. Perhaps it is, but I do consider it unreasonable that the item deliverd is as advertised by Celebrity and paid for.

Really? That’s a shame, We were in a sky suite on Equinox 2 weeks ago and MCC was fabulous. She spoke to us the minute we walked into MC and we were treated so well. I have only been on Celebrity once before and that was in a celebrity suite. Both times were wonderful, although our sky suite experience topped the celebrity suite! I doubt I’ll ever be in a Royal suite or Penthouse. I honestly can’t say enough good things about Aveline. We had a premium Bev package and didn’t get many drinks in MC, so I can’t comment on that. Enjoy the rest of your cruise- you lucky person- I can’t wait to book another!

Glad to see your comments because I totally agree with you. I too was in a "lowly " sky suite earlier this month and, while I've always enjoyed interactions with MCCs, I thought that Aveline was wonderful and among the best in doing regular circuits around the lounge to touch base with everyone.

The suite manager came and spoke with us yesterday evening. Aveline has yet to say a word to me. Only reason I even know her name is because it was on the top suite and Zenith lunch invitation we received today

Hopefully can join you for lunch next week.

Be happy and enjoy your cruise.

Life in an RS. Well our RS was was not found to be properly clean at embarcation. So. The toilet was, well we wouldn't use it. The bath was not clean.

After the loo was cleaned, I was washing my hands and was about to dry them on a clean unused towel only to find it had someone's nasal discharge "snot" on the towel. All of this was within the first few hours of being in suite. Each incident required a trip to the conceirge and yes I did take the offending towel down with me. Yuk.

To use English vernacular, the suite is grubby. The sofas need a deep clean. Actually, the whole suite needs a steam clean. I travel with wipes so clean the most offensive bits I cleaned myself because I felt if I raised it further it might affect the attendant who has an impossible job.

Still on the first day. We were presented with 3 apples not fruit bowl. There was a bottle of Celebrity Vintages not the Perrior Jouet in the champagne bucket. When I raised the issue, I was told this was the correct set up? My MiL in a SS was given also Vintages but I know that Celebrity UK brochures at the time of booking and the latest edition, lists Jouet for all suites. Both bottles were changed but it came across that they were doing me a favour. Spoke to another couple in either CS or SS who were given Vintages.

What suite are you in? We are in 1607 in 7 weeks. Is Niko still the concierge?

Who is in Michael's as bartender. That does not sound like Cranston who we have had for the last two Silhouette cruises who we have always found to be really attentive, and who we are expecting to see back from vacation in October.

We had the poorly cleaned toilet issue in I think one of CS suites we had. Took the offending thing to the concierge and asked if the room could be cleaned properly. We also use wipes before we touch anything.

I think the 3 apples is the norm in all rooms at the start of the cruise but should be replaced after a few days but the Vintages rather than Perrier Jouet would not go down well with us. The CS and the SS get the Vintages - that is normal but RX and above should have the Perrier Jouet.

The suite manager came and spoke with us yesterday evening. Aveline has yet to say a word to me. Only reason I even know her name is because it was on the top suite and Zenith lunch invitation we received today

How many Zeniths are on your cruise? Sounds like it's now the practice to combine the lunch in Blu. I'll see what's it like in Infinity shortly.

Given all your pain and suffering this trip, you might want to hop off

Who is in Michael's as bartender. That does not sound like Cranston who we have had for the last two Silhouette cruises who we have always found to be really attentive, and who we are expecting to see back from vacation in October.

We had the poorly cleaned toilet issue in I think one of CS suites we had. Took the offending thing to the concierge and asked if the room could be cleaned properly. We also use wipes before we touch anything.

I think the 3 apples is the norm in all rooms at the start of the cruise but should be replaced after a few days but the Vintages rather than Perrier Jouet would not go down well with us. The CS and the SS get the Vintages - that is normal but RX and above should have the Perrier Jouet.

On the Celebrity UK site it states that even SS receive a bottle of PJ. 42cfd2b74ea6bdbd77400297bb8f7f00.jpg

On the Celebrity UK site it states that even SS receive a bottle of PJ. 42cfd2b74ea6bdbd77400297bb8f7f00.jpg

So it does but I don’t think we have received this in SS or CS for some time.

Can someone upload what the US site says. every time I try and get to Celebritycruises.com I get redirected to the uk site.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

I had requested a wine thru the shore side concierge that apparently they dont stock anymore. I emailed the shore side concierge about the issue and she replied that she is "working" the issue with the MCC and suite manager. There was a line at Gastro Bar tonight so I ended up getting a very nice $15 per glass wine at Ensamble that I carried into MC. The MCC on here only talks to the penthouse and royal suite guests. Very sad the deterioration of MC!!!

Interesting and I apologize in advance for the contradiction, the MCC and Suite managers both went out of their way to engage our family in conversation when we were aboard the Equinox in June. We had two lowly ;););) Sky Suites and did not request anything special yet they still spoke to us and inquired as to our wants and needs.

We are in 1612.

Niko is the MCC. The coordination with Carrie the Shoreside Concierge has worked extremely well.

Cannot answer for the bartender. I would say that it is not that they are being inattentive, but seem overwhelmed at the numbers often in MC. Also sense that the Chandon offering has been imposed from above.

On the fruit front. The Yorkshire in me would rather they gave a fruit bowl day 2 or 3 than waste perfectly good apples because we don't like or eat them.

We are in 1614 on September 23rd. We normally stay on deck 10 but all RS were gone when we booked 18 months ago. Can you tell me if you experience much noise from the deck above and also do you get sun on the balcony, Thankyou.