Computers for passenger use onboard

empresschef

Does Azamara have computers onboard for passenger use? Many of the cruise lines have a room with a few computers or have some in the library. I usually handle most of my work during vacation on my iPad. I may have need for a larger screen and a real keyboard to work on a proposal on my upcoming cruise. I really don't want to drag my laptop! Thx!

I am no expert, but how do you itend to "work on the proposal". If you can do it remotely you would have to be paying internet (or buy the unlimited package). The Azamara computers function only to access email and the internet, no Word or Excel. Also there are no USB ports, such as I would use to work on a paper, at least I never found them. Frustrating.

We have found the 5 or 6 computers on board give you the opportunity to pick up emails, check and print off reports but I would not recommend them fir preparing work as often people are waiting to use the facilities and based in a cirner of the living room with bridge lessons at tge next tables and bar open it would not be easy.

Good points. I understand that I will need the unlimited internet package. All of my files are cloud-based as are my software (including Word & Excel). I plan to work from 4:30 am until 8 am at the latest so there shouldn’t be too many others around.

Good points. I understand that I will need the unlimited internet package. All of my files are cloud-based as are my software (including Word & Excel). I plan to work from 4:30 am until 8 am at the latest so there shouldn’t be too many others around.

There are actually four computers on deck 10 forward.

The space is usually pretty quiet at the time you contemplate working, apart from some vacuum cleaning which often seems to happen around 5 or 6am.

We have found the 5 or 6 computers on board give you the opportunity to pick up emails, check and print off reports but I would not recommend them fir preparing work as often people are waiting to use the facilities and based in a cirner of the living room with bridge lessons at tge next tables and bar open it would not be easy.

I would disagree. There are rarely people waiting from my experience. It's a nice quiet spot and bridge rarely interferes.

Phil