What is going on? 16 days to sail, can't download e-docs on NCL.com

Shellbelle28

I got an email last night from NCL saying "It has come to our attention that due to a system error, the departure time for your sailing date may not be reflecting correctly on your cruise documents. If you have already printed your cruise tickets, we kindly request that you verify the departure time reflected on the "Departure Time" in the "At The Pier Section" to the departure time reflected in the "Cruise Itinerary section". If the departure times are not the same, you will need to re-print your cruise documents."

The docs weren't handy, so I thought I'd download them again to verify. I've tried over and over and I just get a screen that says "The reservation is not yet READY to retrieve. Try again." My e-docs have been ready since June 20th, so I can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong or if NCL.com is just being crappy. I also tried clicking the "check in" button again to see if that would let me get them. No luck.

Anyone experienced this? My check in progress bar shows 100% complete on the reservation summary. There probably isn't anything wrong, but it's really annoying all the same. :mad:

tempsnip.jpg.2d9e9975ae0a769630fd88c72d796c02.jpg

No issue here. Downloaded and printed the new edocs just now. I leave next weekend. No changes except my original edocs said the ship sailed at 6:00 p.m., which was wrong. The new ones state the ship sails at 4:00 p.m., which is right.

Maybe a temporary glitch?

I received the same email (for September 8 Bliss sailing). My docs downloaded and are the same as I printed out a few weeks ago...still departing 5 pm...I looked and looked for a discrepancy and couldn’t find one so I assume I’m okay, but I wish they wouldn’t freak people out. Since you have to be boarded at least 2 hours prior (and most of us board MANY hours earlier) why would an hour off be that big of a deal?

After patiently sitting on hold more than 40 minutes (first 10+ minutes on the regular NCL customer service line, then after reading comments here, I hung up and called the website tech support line and waited another 30 minutes!). Once connected, the representative was able to put in a request to get my e-docs unclogged. I downloaded new set, which are of course not one bit different from what I already had. No idea what that email was all about but am glad I checked all the same.

I joked with the representative on the phone that maybe they weren't available because my bid for the Deluxe Owner's Suite was being accepted and processed and she said "you never know, you haven't gotten the rejection message so it could still happen."

I got the same email. I just checked the edocs I printed out a couple of weeks ago, checked both sections mentioned and the departure times matched so figured I'm fine. I didn't bother trying to reprint them. I'm not really sure why you would have to reprint them even if the times didn't match. I feel sure you could check in regardless. After reading your post I'm kind of glad I didn't give it quite as much thought as you did. :D

People on my RC (myself included) received the same email. I checked the time on my edoc against the itinerary, and all was good. Just to make sure, I went on to myncl, which showed departure time was the same, so all was good. Sure creates a lot of stress...especially when we'll be leaving in 3 weeks....others on my RC are leaving tomorrow. Good grief!!

I couldn't download my doc yesterday. Called support and was told that it was due to the fact that my air flights had not been confirmed by NCL and it would be available on Mon. I didn't care for that answer, called Miami, got the number of air/hotel reservations and they told me the reservation was confirmed and she sent me the document. Later in the day, I went on to My NCL to check the dates re the NCL email and everything was fine.

I got the same message, only it was actually right in that my boarding documents were wrong - had the wrong departure time. This is for the TA on the Star from Civitavecchia on November 5.

And now, of course, I'm clogged and can't print them.

Since it's happening to other people, maybe I'll just wait a few days and see if NCL uses some Drano and fixes itself.

After patiently sitting on hold more than 40 minutes (first 10+ minutes on the regular NCL customer service line, then after reading comments here, I hung up and called the website tech support line and waited another 30 minutes!). Once connected, the representative was able to put in a request to get my e-docs unclogged. I downloaded new set, which are of course not one bit different from what I already had. No idea what that email was all about but am glad I checked all the same.

I joked with the representative on the phone that maybe they weren't available because my bid for the Deluxe Owner's Suite was being accepted and processed and she said "you never know, you haven't gotten the rejection message so it could still happen."

There was an issue with the departure time a couple of weeks ago it showed 10pm instead of 4pm. Not sure when they corrected it. I remember discussing it with one of my travel buddies.