Recommended A2 Aqua Class Room on Millennium Midship? Preference for quiet

wishman35

Hello everyone - first time poster, first time cruiser as well!

Has anyone done an A2 Aquaclass room on Millennium? Planning for an Alaska cruise next May and leaning towards Aquaclass because me and the girlfriend are definitely the type who prefer a quieter, less obnoxious scene for dinner and Blu seems to fit that bill. I am one who loves to do the day spa in Vegas. I know the M class Persian Garden seems lackluster but its definitely enough for a little detox after having some drinks the night before (hoping they might renovate it a little when they refurbish the ship next February?)

As for the room - I am a little nervous about motion/seasickness. I know these rooms are all on deck 9 so I dont have much choice there... hoping it doesn't become a problem, but I can control the location midship. I know all of these rooms have the overhang, and also are below the deck with the buffet and pool. Has anyone stayed in one of these on deck 9 and have a recommended location/stateroom number?

Or do you recommend just avoiding this deck completely? The A1 rooms are all pretty much snagged up - the aft decks are gone and I probably shouldn't change an aft room at the top of the ship with my concern for seasickness.

Thank you for the help!

I didn’t spend time reading all info but a quick google search I found some posts that said 9106, 08 & 10 were under table area of buffet and quiet. You may want to search to see what other info is available.

I didn’t spend time reading all info but a quick google search I found some posts that said 9106, 08 & 10 were under table area of buffet and quiet. You may want to search to see what other info is available.

Thanks! I have thought I have done and up and down search and have mostly found people talking about the 1100 rooms and the overhang on 9000 level rooms.

Is 9106-9110 considered more aft though? I am trying to get as midship as possible to limit motion.

Thanks and sorry if I have been missing much by searches!

Stay away from under the stage..... dj, zumba, dance area... we had one on Connie and had to relocate...way too loud music, vibrations of sound and stomping overhead! Would have been great otherwise!

Cabins around 9000 are also not very good (if you requires a very quiet cabin). These cabin are at entrance of bridge, so there are some people walking there also during night, and early morning On morning and afternoon of sea days there are also groups that gather by the elevator area for "secret" tour of bridge.

Stay away from under the stage..... dj, zumba, dance area... we had one on Connie and had to relocate...way too loud music, vibrations of sound and stomping overhead! Would have been great otherwise!

where is the stage located when compared to deck 9 rooms?

Do you want no noise or do you want midship? All midship A2 cabins are under the pool deck and are subject to someone scraping a chair across the deck. 9106-10 are under carpeted area. Unless you hit very rough seas, you will never tell the difference in rocking between those A2's and ones that are more midship. (we have stayed in 9106/8/10 on various M-class ships).

where is the stage located when compared to deck 9 rooms?

You'll have to check a deck plan fir Millie...there's one in thec 2019 2020 hard copy brochure....probably also online

On Connie we had A2 9105.. and had to move as soon as we could..the DJ noise at sailaway caused the walls to literally vibrate, music so loud, and stomping above.. The Celeb person who was sent up to verify our claim could not even stay in the cabin it was so bad.

We were soon offered a move someplace near 9062 a bit forward but we grabbed it, and moved our .belongings immed, before dinner. It was.nice cozy and quiet. Others who complained after us had no place to go so we lucked out.

( never had that on any other ship where we stayed midships)

Edited by hcat

Looking at the Millie deck plan, seems about the same as Connie was in Jan 2015 when we had that cabin.

I still have my cruise paperwork and copy of deck plan...but did not note the cabin # we moved to..but we loved it!

Edited by hcat

wishman35 -

The Constellation is a sister ship to Millennium. I stayed in 9112 and it was perfectly quiet. Any of the rooms that are aft of the middle staircase, 9100 - 9116 (starboard) or 9125 - 9137 (port), would be considered under the Oceanview Cafe and would be quiet.

As far as motion goes, I was in 9112 for 16 days crossing the Atlantic Ocean for a transatlantic cruise and noticed no motion.

Hello everyone - first time p

Has anyone done an A2 Aquaclass room on Millennium? Planning for an Alaska cruise next May and leaning towards Aquaclass because me and the girlfriend are definitely the type who prefer a quieter, less obnoxious scene for dinner and Blu seems to fit that bill. I am one who loves to do the day spa in Vegas. I know the M class Persian Garden seems lackluster but its definitely enough for a little detox after having some drinks the night before (hoping they might renovate it a little when they refurbish the ship next February?)

As for the room - I am a little nervous about motion/seasickness. I know these rooms are all on deck 9 so I dont have much choice there... hoping it doesn't become a problem, but I can control the location midship. I know all of these rooms have the overhang, and also are below the deck with the buffet and pool. Has anyone stayed in one of these on deck 9 and have a recommended location/stateroom number?

Or do you recommend just avoiding this deck completely? The A1 rooms are all pretty much snagged up - the aft decks are gone and I probably shouldn't change an aft room at the top of the ship with my concern for seasickness.

Thank you for the help!

9133,quiet and near elevators Stayed in this cabin 3 yrs in a row.