Upgrade Offer

lloyfisc647

Hey there - I posted on our roll call - we are in an aft suite - we will see you in Sabatinis for breakfast :) maybe we can hook up for a drink

Dwight and Justin

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looking forward to it! We’ll have to make drinks happen for sure.

Seeing as it was a minimal charge - we went for it. We love any and all perks so to us some of the “fluff” is worth it as we don’t vacation as much as we’d like too.

I was shocked to get the offer because you hear about it all the time but it’s never happened until now.

For those who have done suites - what hidden perks should I make sure we use and access while on the cruise?

Free specialty dining on embarkation day! That was one I almost missed! Afternoon tea served in the room was wonderful, as was the room service breakfast expanded menu.

I have only sailed in suites when offered an upsell - best one was on a 14 night Hawaii on the Grand. We had already got a great price on our balcony when we booked but then got offered an upsell to a suite for $399 CAD per person. I jumped on it and got the grand suite for our two week vacation.. I never wanted to leave the room!

Yesterday received an upsell offer Mini Suite to full Suite for our upcoming 14 day TA on the Crown. It is $1129 per person. I would like a Suite, but he additional is too much.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Forums mobile app

We got the same offer for the same cruise, too rich for my blood too! Guess we'll just have to suffer in our mini;);). See you there!

Wow! Congratulations! That is a great offer. We have only sailed in a suite once for a one nighter. We just wanted to try it out to see if we liked it. Of course, we did. We just booked a window suite for a coastal cruise next fall because we were able to get a great deal on it. Can't wait to have a suite for seven days. Enjoy your cruise. The "fairy" was really looking out for you on this one.:D

It’s a 7 night cruise.

That was a good price for a 7 day cruise. Our first upsell was in 2013 for an 11 day cruise and was $299/person for the first two passengers and the third (we were traveling with DD) was free. In 2015 the offer which we didn’t accept was $299/person for a 4 day coastal cruise. In 2016 the cost for an 11 day cruise was $1,299/person plus $299/person for DD as third passenger.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Very nice! I visited a suite once but that's the only time I've ever been in one. We will never be able to sail in a suite. Enjoy your upgrade!

I also don't feel like we can afford to book suites, but I found an interesting way around this. We don't usually do cruises shorter than 7 days, but there's a Grand sailing of 5 days roundtrip San Francisco on January 22, 2020 that has affordable prices for window suites. Granted, no balcony. And no Sip and Sail or Three for Free. But a full suite, with full suite amenities, for a price I'm willing to pay. I booked a window suite on the Grand once before, but our plans changed so we didn't go. I booked cabin F307 for that January 2020 sailing, and I'm looking forward to it. Hope it doesn't spoil me! :p

Yesterday received an upsell offer Mini Suite to full Suite for our upcoming 14 day TA on the Crown. It is $1129 per person. I would like a Suite, but he additional is too much.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Forums mobile app

WOW....too rich for my blood. We've done window suites on our last 3 cruises--very nice. True, there is no balcony, but the price can actually be less than a balcony cabin if you look carefully!

If it was a 3 or 4 day cruise it wasn't a good deal. If it was at least 7 nights then it was indeed a good deal although from a CC mini suite you already had the best suite perk of club class dining.

This is your opinion - I think $200 upgrade for a 4 day cruise is a great deal - and many agree - it's all about what the individual is willing to spend for their enjoyment -

In fact on this particular cruise with discounts the lowest CC price we saw was $567 and for the PH $977 so before taxes $1,134 for CC and $1,954 for PH....so add in the $200 = $1,334 so the OP saved $620 by taking the upgrade...seems like a pretty good deal to me!