Washer/Dryer prices

Donh44

Elegant nights will be busy as well.

Bring your own detergent. The ship charges around $1.50 for detergent.

Also, the Carnival website says $3.25 to wash and $3.25 to dry. That price has been on the site since sometime last year, but it was still $3 per load on the Legend in May 2017 and on the Triumph and Dream in January 2018.

For another $9, one can use the laundry bag special when it's offered. I do laundry at home, not on vacation.

That is definitely more convenient, but you'd probably have to send out 3 of those bags to equal the same amount of clothes as doing your own load. We have used the laundry service in the past because the washers and dryers always seem to be occupied every time we try to use them and give up.

That is definitely more convenient, but you'd probably have to send out 3 of those bags to equal the same amount of clothes as doing your own load. We have used the laundry service in the past because the washers and dryers always seem to be occupied every time we try to use them and give up.

Actually you can fit 6 of those bags into a washer and do it yourself. I have counted because I've used those bags before to transport my laundry from my cabin to the laundrette. So $15 x 6 is $90. You could pay Carnival $90 to do your laundry or $6 to do the exact same amount yourself. Personally I prefer to save that $84.

Agreed. But since I don't even bring that many clothes to begin with, just a small 21" roll on luggage piece.

I've always used the laundry service just for tees, briefs, shorts and sox. That would hardly fill a washer even 1/4.

Just be aware that some ships use quarters and some ships use your sail and sign card. The Glory used quarters and Splendor used the S&S card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And you don't have to bring quarters if the machines do take coins. Just exchange currency for quarters at guest services.

Elegant nights will be busy as well.

Bring your own detergent. The ship charges around $1.50 for detergent.

Also, the Carnival website says $3.25 to wash and $3.25 to dry. That price has been on the site since sometime last year, but it was still $3 per load on the Legend in May 2017 and on the Triumph and Dream in January 2018.

Thank you for that information. Very helpful. I am going on an 8 day cruise and plan to travel light. Figure that I might need the washer/dryers about 4 days in. Thanks again. Cruise critic people are so helpful. :D

Just be aware that some ships use quarters and some ships use your sail and sign card. The Glory used quarters and Splendor used the S&S card.

When we did our cruise we were on the Glory one week jumped off and immediately jumped on the the Splendor for the next 8 days. When we asked on Glory if the washer/dryers used quarters on Splendor we were told yes so we purchased a roll from guest services because we wanted to do laundry the 1st day of our 2nd leg of our cruise on Splendor. Well we were surprised that Splendor used the S&S cards. We were also surprised that the laundry rooms were locked the first day on the Splendor.

When we did our cruise we were on the Glory one week jumped off and immediately jumped on the the Splendor for the next 8 days. When we asked on Glory if the washer/dryers used quarters on Splendor we were told yes so we purchased a roll from guest services because we wanted to do laundry the 1st day of our 2nd leg of our cruise on Splendor. Well we were surprised that Splendor used the S&S cards. We were also surprised that the laundry rooms were locked the first day on the Splendor.

Apparently the laundry rooms are closed while the ship is in port. Something to do with environmental issues.

Apparently the laundry rooms are closed while the ship is in port. Something to do with environmental issues.

Both ships were in Miami. Guest services told us that the laundry rooms on Splendor would be open the 1st day.

We wanted to do laundry the 1st day because after 7 days most of our clothes needed washed!

After finding the laundry room locked I started asking anyone Employee I could find. One nice room steward used his phone and called someone and after about a half hour an officer came and unlocked it for me!

I do a load of laundry about 1/2 way thru the cruise. I like to pack light, so my pj's, bathing suit and unmentionables need refreshing by that time. Pack some powder detergent in a sandwich baggie. It's light weight and won't take up any room. On my last 2 cruises the soap vending machines were out of service, but would have been $3 per load/box. I've never seen fabric softener in those machines so, I also take a few dryer sheets too. Never had a problem with getting a washer. I usually go in the morning or late evening. There is an iron & ironing board in there if needed. Avoid that on elegant night - my mom went to 3 different launderettes to get a few wrinkles out of my dress and found long lines at each one. Pack stuff that doesn't need ironing!

I wish they all used quarters. There’s always some kind of issue for me with that S&S machine. On Freedom I had to go down to guest services and get a new card because it wasn’t reading it. On Triumph I had to remove card from the lanyard because it wasn’t going in far enough to fully read it. Sounds simple but it took alot of frustration in a small hot laundry room before figuring that out. On Breeze only one of the two machines were working. This last cruise on the Dream one of the two machines wasn’t working with the card reader. In the end I called guest services and just had to wait 10mins for someone to come look at it. I ended up getting a free wash. Drying is free on Dream which is nice... But it was easier just to bring some quarters then dealing with this S&S card reader.

Edited by Saint Greg

I wish they all used quarters. There’s always some kind of issue for me with that S&S machine. On Freedom I had to go down to guest services and get a new card because it wasn’t reading it. On Triumph I had to remove card from the lanyard because it wasn’t going in far enough to fully read it. Sounds simple but it took alot of frustration in a small hot laundry room before figuring that out. On Breeze only one of the two machines were working. This last cruise on the Dream one of the two machines wasn’t working with the card reader. In the end I called guest services and just had to wait 10mins for someone to come look at it. I ended up getting a free wash. Drying is free on Dream which is nice... But it was easier just to bring some quarters then dealing with this S&S card reader.

Drying was not free on the 1/28/18 sailing on the Dream. When did drying become free?

Drying was not free on the 1/28/18 sailing on the Dream. When did drying become free?

I don’t know. It was free. On other ships I’ve I’ve seen it $3 or 3.50 with a timer and if you stopped it the dryer the timer keeps running. Nothing like that this time. Just put the laundry in and hit the button. I put one guy’s clothes in the dryer for him. No card insertion...No charge. Same with mine. Just put it in and push the button.

Actually you can fit 6 of those bags into a washer and do it yourself. I have counted because I've used those bags before to transport my laundry from my cabin to the laundrette. So $15 x 6 is $90. You could pay Carnival $90 to do your laundry or $6 to do the exact same amount yourself. Personally I prefer to save that $84.

OMG, even on our back to back, we did not bring enough clothes to fill 6 bags. as far as the $15 laundry, it's only good for non delicates, bathing suits, T's and underwear. I would never put a dress shirt in the laundry. There is no way my wife would do laundry on a cruise. So your saving $84 theory is a bit of a stretch.

I take Woolite dry cleaning sheets with me. I have a few things I am trying to take cars of and dont want to pay a drycleaner. 20 minutes in the dryer, they come out pretty nice. (I do wash them sometimes) At home i use Dryel, but it uses a bag that I dont want to take on vacay. I wouldnt want the ships laundry t o wash

my clothes as I dont dry everything