P&O Cruises 2020 Itineraries available on site

SummmerInKefalonia

Hi all,

I signed up at P&O for a July, 2020 cruise to the Fjords on Arcadia. Price was lower than expected. (y)

I was told that I am now "pre-booked" and that I will be assigned a stateroom on Sept 19 when sales officially open.

I don't want to be assigned a room. I know which cabin I want.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Ira

Hi all,

I signed up at P&O for a July, 2020 cruise to the Fjords on Arcadia. Price was lower than expected. (y)

I was told that I am now "pre-booked" and that I will be assigned a stateroom on Sept 19 when sales officially open.

Ira

nope I booked a cruise in October 2020, select and got the same information. It will be assigned in March. Not too happy about that as wanted to choose room.

I’m not sure if I like the idea that if I want to go to Norway for 7 nights I only have the choice of Iona and if, say, I wanted to go on Azura I only have 14 cruises to choose from for most of the summer!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you wanted to go on Azura in Summer 2020, you actually only have a choice of twelve dates between early May and late September. Within that however, you only have a choice of two itineraries!

Britannia is also only doing two itineraries, Iona pretty much only one and Ventura only three, albeit a mix of 2, 7 and 12 days.

Yes that's the one for us too! Also one in April with different ports like Elba, Genoa. Although I like some ships better than others, I am not bothered by atriums and things like that,although I do like a walk around Prom Deck which she does have.

Hi all,

Ira

That is the problem with pre registering with P&O and not a cruise TA all they will let you do is give them a grade and then on the day of sale they will allocate you a cabin of their choice within that grade. If you had pre registered with a cruise TA you could have given them 5 or 6 cabin numbers to choose from and also it would have been cheaper than pre registering with P&O. This has been the policy for pre registering since Ventura maiden.

If you dont wish to have the cabin given to you by P&O - you simply phone up and ask to swap to a more suitable cabin location

Only if there is one available.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is the problem with pre registering with P&O and not a cruise TA all they will let you do is give them a grade and then on the day of sale they will allocate you a cabin of their choice within that grade. If you had pre registered with a cruise TA you could have given them 5 or 6 cabin numbers to choose from and also it would have been cheaper than pre registering with P&O. This has been the policy for pre registering since Ventura maiden.

Correct and if you are a higher tier Peninsula member you can get exactly the cabin you want. As I do for my cruises.

TA’ get first bite of the cherry as far as cabins are concerned.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

:confused: .

Correct and if you are a higher tier Peninsula member you can get exactly the cabin you want. As I do for my cruises.

TA’ get first bite of the cherry as far as cabins are concerned.

DAI, please stop giving such good advice, if you increase those using TAs we will soon find we may no longer get the cabins we prefer.

Yes, correct. I have always got the cabins I wanted so far! My TA told me he has access to all cabins. If you do a dummy booking for a cruise on the P&O site, say for an inside cabin, they are always on A deck. They don't list where we want on D deck (that was for Oriana).