NCL Getaway pulled someone in last night who was drifting on a raft at sea

rabidstoat

Yeah. That’s exactly what we do. We just give people free happy lives. Fox News has taught you well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why do you think these people keep showing up at US border instead of sneaking into say Russia, China or Cuba? Care to explain since you seem to be the expert on this subject.

Why do you think these people keep showing up at US border instead of sneaking into say Russia, China or Cuba? Care to explain since you seem to be the expert on this subject.

Good grief. Refugees go to other countries than the US. Educate yourself. Just because they dont go there countries where they face death doesn’t mean we give them free lives full of roses and sunshine. Also we weren’t in the habit of separating children like this until recently. Our policy changes might not be well broadcast to the refugee community. Plus coming heee might still seem better than trying to live in a war torn country they’re coming from. Imagine the desperation that drives them. It’s not for the free beverage package.

I hope your next port wasn’t in the US. Lord help any refugees who show up here these days.

This is not the place to be discussing illegal entry to our country or politics period. this is called Cruise Critic and designed to discuss cruising, not your political views.

Edited by newmexicoNita

President Obama discontinued the wet foot/dry foot policy in January 2017, and Cuban refugees are treated the same as other refugees, they do not get automatic entry into the US if they make it to land.

thanks for clearing that up for us. I know, I didn't know that or if I did I forgot it.

I don't know if this thread would have degenerated as it has into childish political bickering the way it has if I had not brought up the change in the Cuban immigration policy. If I am the root cause of this, I apologize, but I will also add my voice to those who say, please stop with the intolerance and pettiness being shown in some of these posts.