Peggy' Cove value vs time?

given that it is a 45 minute drive to Peggy's Cove, is it short the time to and from? Currently booked on a 3 3/4 hour RC excursion which also includes Titanic grave yard. Anyone who has done this, please comment. Graveyard does not excite me but it was part of the excursion. Is it a scenic drive? Bottom line, was it memorable and fun?

Peggy’s Cove is very pretty and oh so quaint. It is a delightful drive through small fishing villages. We loved it enough to go again in October, this time we are renting a car and doing it on our own. We also enjoyed the cemetery, hauntingly sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We very much wanted to see Peggy, but didn't book anything ahead, fearing bad weather.

we were lucky, the weather was great, so we took a taxi (50 CAD per hour) from the taxi stand in front of the terminal, found 2 other willing couples, and off we went. It was so worth it, but only if the weather cooperates.

It waa the only place we were interested on and we're glad we got to see it.

We did Peggy's cove and the Titanic graveyard as part of an all day tour a few years ago. Peggy's cove is beautiful and the drive out is quit scenic. I am a bit of a history buff so I was interested in the graveyard, my wife is not but she found it quite interesting. I think the graveyard depends on your tour guide, you are just looking at tombstones but a good guide makes the story come alive. In any case I think you will enjoy the tour overall. Have a great cruise.

We took the Peggy’s Cove tour as well. Yes, the drive is scenic, and Peggy’s Cove is charming and worth the drive. It’s a tiny, compact village so you don’t need that much time to explore. When we were there, the weather didn’t cooperate (gloomy, windy, and temperature in the 50’s). We walked over to the rocks and took some pictures of the lighthouse, walked around the village, checked out the shops for souvenirs, and took refuge at a small restaurant to warm up with some hot chocolate (along with all the other tourists in multiple bus excursions with the same exact idea). That seemed to cover all the highlights, and the time allotted was plenty to do so. But we were very ready to leave by the time we boarded our bus back to the ship.

If I ever return to Peggy’s Cove, I would most likely select an independent means of transportation. Not so much to get more time there, but in an effort to avoid the crowds. Once again, it’s a tiny village (I believe that the population at the time we visited was 640), so needless to say it can be a bit chaotic when several hundred cruise passengers in multiple buses are all dropped off at the same time.

After our visit to Peggy’s Cove, our tour ended with a scenic drive through Halifax. We saw several landmarks including the cemetery and the Citadel, but we were not allowed off the bus. That’s another reason to tour independently. You’ll have more control over what places you visit rather than being told when and where you are allowed off the bus.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We absolutely loved Peggy's Cove and the Titanic cemetery. Second time to Titanic Cemetery, first time to Peggy's Cove. Peggy's Cove was just amazing. Really beautiful fishing village. The ride on the bus is freaking long. I'm glad we booked through RCI because we actually held the ship up a bit. That is my only complaint. There was so much traffic going to Peggy's Cove we were a bit rushed at both stops. Also once out of the city the bus driver drove a bit like a maniac which of course I did not like, trying to make up time. I would definitely do it again but hope for a bit of better timing and not be rushed.

We did it on our own in 2016, weather was perfect. The hardest thing is getting the car from the rental car companies, as they are always understaffed and when we were there in September they didn’t have any cars, so it took a while for us to get started. We found this to be true in all of the Anthem ports we visited except Portland where we had no problem and Boston where we didn’t rent a car. Peggy’s Cove is a cool piece of rock.

JC

given that it is a 45 minute drive to Peggy's Cove, is it short the time to and from? Currently booked on a 3 3/4 hour RC excursion which also includes Titanic grave yard. Anyone who has done this, please comment. Graveyard does not excite me but it was part of the excursion. Is it a scenic drive? Bottom line, was it memorable and fun?

We don't see the tour prices as worth it. So, three Canada cruises back, we started renting a car for a day in Halifax and Saint John. Prices are great and credit card and my State Farm insurance cover the waiver. In Halifax, National, Thrifty, and Dollar are a reasonable walk from the pier. I go get the car and come back to pick up my wife. In Saint John, Avis/Budget is about 100 yards down from where the ship docks on Water Street. Twice I've driven to the sea caves and Fundy Parkway. Check operating dates. So far, by booking in advance (refundable rates), my two Halifax rentals have been under $50.00 US, and Saint John under $40 US. Can't beat that for a tour you can design yourself. Bring your own Garmin if it has Canada maps. I rented a car in advance for Saint John for July 1, 2017. It was Canada Day, their 150th! They were sold out, but I had booked three months before. Economy car but $42 US, tax, tag, and freight.

Just a suggestion.

I live in Nova Scotia and agree that Peggy's Cove is great with lots of rocks to climb over but please read the warning signs and don't go down on the black rocks. The reason they're black is because waves constantly splash them or they're under water during full tides. Many have been swept into the ocean by sudden high waves, and some have lost their lives. A young boy was washed into the water this summer and was lucky that someone was able to reach him and pull him in. Seems like one person a year drowns because they were swept off these rocks.

Sorry for the preaching but it's a touchy subject here that tourists ignor the signs and risk their lives and those that try to rescue them.

This is also the area where Swiss Air 111 crashed and there's a memorial not far from Peggy's Cove.

Please visit but please be careful also and respect the power of the ocean.

I'm also very interested in signing up for the Peggy's Cove and Titanic excursion. My concern is the excursion leaves at 3 pm and is 3 hrs 45 min. long. That puts us back at the ship at 6:45 and the ship is scheduled to depart at 7 pm. Why is this excursion scheduled so tight?