Two small questions about Konsingdam

gizmodog

Going on Hal first time in a month wondering if this ship has a nightlight in the bathroom

No nightlight.....and the only available plug has a safety cover....to be used for an electric shaver....

I took battery tealights...left it in the bathroom and switched it on before going to bed....a much "kinder" light if needed in the middle of the night.....:)

Received the tealight hint here on cruise critic....bought them at Walmart....and only needed two during a 14 day cruise.......

How about turning on the bathroom light and leaving the door cracked an inch or so.
You don't need to crack the door because there is enough "leakage" around the edges, but the problem of using that method is the "blast" of light as you open the door to go in. We prefer battery powered tea lights.

No nightlight.....and the only available plug has a safety cover....to be used for an electric shaver....

I took battery tealights...left it in the bathroom and switched it on before going to bed....a much "kinder" light if needed in the middle of the night.....:)

Received the tealight hint here on cruise critic....bought them at Walmart....and only needed two during a 14 day cruise.......

I got that same hint on CC and I use tea lights also.

On my last river cruise, they had a lighted area under the cabinet - even that was too bright. I much preferred the small tea lights.

You don't need to crack the door because there is enough "leakage" around the edges, but the problem of using that method is the "blast" of light as you open the door to go in. We prefer battery powered tea lights.

Agreed. We find the small battery operated tea lights the best nightlights. Just enough light to see when you open the bathroom door without being blinded by bright light that fully wakes you up. Our last trip was 18 days and two lights were all we needed.

I'm surprised there isn't a night light. We were on the Eurodam in June and the light in the bathroom also functioned as a night light. If the light switch is off the light itself is still on but just a dim glow. It was perfect.

Thanks...I saw the ones at Walmart but I don't think they say whether they flicker or can be switched to have the light constant.

Those I bought at Walmart were in a package of six....they have a constant light....no flickering....

I plan on taking 2 or 3 on my next cruise.....coming up in a few weeks....:)

We've been on the Koningsdam and the Westerdam and both had night lights (small led lights in the center of the ceiling) that came on automatically when the bathroom light was turned off. Perhaps this depends on the level of cabin or whether pre or post retrofit? We were on the Westerdam post retrofit and were in Neptune suites on both.

How about turning on the bathroom light and leaving the door cracked an inch or so.

There is still a very bright light once you step into the bathroom! That would wake me up too much. ;)

I too take battery tea lights for use in the bathroom at night.