Ocean view cabin questions

Corgidawgga

I am cruising on Crown in three weeks in the Med. This is the first time I will be in an ocean view cabin.

I have two questions that I hope the CC community can help with.

How are the Emerald deck aft cabins size? The website lists a large sq footage range. Also, what is the twin bed direction? By window or wall. If wall which direction.

How is the humidity in the cabin. I am from the south and prefer a pretty high humidity to sleep well. In the past I have opened the balcony door. But that is not an option here. And the shower on hot is probably not enuf.

I know....I know, but I do snore and the dryness makes it worse. Trying to save my BF sleep quality.

I have a small portable humidifier that I can take if needed. Needs electricity, but I can bring ext cord. Just hate to take up luggage room.

Opinions?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am cruising on Crown in three weeks in the Med. This is the first time I will be in an ocean view cabin.

I have two questions that I hope the CC community can help with.

How are the Emerald deck aft cabins size? The website lists a large sq footage range. Also, what is the twin bed direction? By window or wall. If wall which direction.

The deck plans on the Princess site show the Deck 8 aft ocean view cabins at 179 sq ft. I think the head of the bed is always at the window side.

I would contact Princess. It will likely not be humid enough in the room for you. People bring CPAP machines that require water and Princess provides it but they need to be made aware of the requirement. You can ask if they can provide a humidifier or it you need to bring your own. They can also provide the extension cord, but again, they need to be made aware of the requirement.

I have not done this, but have friends who have traveled with the CPAP machine with no trouble.

I however don't know what to do with Princess to get this all approved and done.

Good luck.

Just a note that not all OV cabins have the bed next to the window. I know it's a different ship but we sailed in E407 on Star and the bed was against the wall and not under the window. Obviously your cabin may differ and I agree that "most" OV cabins seem to have the bed under the window but not all do.

I agree that the air will likely be too dry for you. There is obviously no outside air and what you will have is dry from the AC.

• 1 year later...
On 9/4/2018 at 5:47 PM, Thrak said:

Just a note that not all OV cabins have the bed next to the window. I know it's a different ship but we sailed in E407 on Star and the bed was against the wall and not under the window. Obviously your cabin may differ and I agree that "most" OV cabins seem to have the bed under the window but not all do.

I agree that the air will likely be too dry for you. There is obviously no outside air and what you will have is dry from the AC.

Looking at booking E407 on the Star, was there any obstruction out that window?

18 minutes ago, Raymok said:

Looking at booking E407 on the Star, was there any obstruction out that window?

Most definitely there are obstructions. You can go HERE and see what obstructions are for various ships and cabins.

E407 on Star Princess:

image.png.f93579f6f550511fa624232e24b8e0a9.png