Missing luggage

DolphinWatcher

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of luggage missing at Southampton? Returned from Silhouette on 18th August and a piece of my luggage never arrived off the ship (or was taken by someone but I can't honestly believe someone would do that or would make contact if they did in error). It was fully labelled, etc. I've filed a missing luggage form but no success yet so wondered if anyone else has been through this and how long it took to find, etc.

It's not valuable but has great sentimental value as received as a gift for my honeymoon many years ago!

Thanks.

I don’t think anyone would intentionally take luggage but mistakenly take it yes.

A few years ago we arranged with 2 other couples from our Roll Call to share a car from the ship to Rome. We were dropping off the 1st couple at their hotel when the wife looks at the luggage and panics as 1 suitcase wasn’t theirs. Seems her husband had picked up the wrong suitcase at the port- even the wrong color. After dropping the other 2 couples off the limo driver took the husband and incorrect piece of luggage back to the port. He left the wrong piece of luggage with the port agent but all other luggage was gone. Don’t know if they ever got their suitcase.

We learned from that to double check that the luggage we take is in fact ours.

I don’t think anyone would intentionally take luggage but mistakenly take it yes.

A few years ago we arranged with 2 other couples from our Roll Call to share a car from the ship to Rome. We were dropping off the 1st couple at their hotel when the wife looks at the luggage and panics as 1 suitcase wasn’t theirs. Seems her husband had picked up the wrong suitcase at the port- even the wrong color. After dropping the other 2 couples off the limo driver took the husband and incorrect piece of luggage back to the port. He left the wrong piece of luggage with the port agent but all other luggage was gone. Don’t know if they ever got their suitcase.

We learned from that to double check that the luggage we take is in fact ours.

Luggage can and does get left in hidden corners of terminals. I know of one instance (not Southampton) where it took 3 months to find a piece but it was finally returned. Put your travel insurance claim in immediately. Pray for it's safe return.