American Express

bellebaby

Anyone have the reward take longer than a day to post after they paid? I made a payment on my upcoming cruise 3-4 days ago, immediately received the e-mail that I had used the AMEX offer, but still no credit. I'm getting worried now since others said it credited the next day.

Not available on AMEX Blue Cash Everyday. There, fixed it.

Thanks for clarifying, I was just about to ask. You still get the points toward cash if you use your blue card. I LOVE this card so I'm good with missing out on the offer.

Thanks for clarifying, I was just about to ask. You still get the points toward cash if you use your blue card. I LOVE this card so I'm good with missing out on the offer.

These offers are hit or miss on your card. Not sure how they pick who gets them but I have an Amex blue and platinum. Got 15k points on the platinum and $150 back on blue for charging $750 on both. I actually couldn’t believe I got to use the offer twice.

However the last tine I saw the offer being discussed for $100 back on $500 spent I didn’t get the offer.

They randomly send if you have used the card to charge a cruise with carnival in the past.

To those who got it - take advantage. To those who didn’t get it - keep your eyes open for next time as it may come then.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anyone have the reward take longer than a day to post after they paid? I made a payment on my upcoming cruise 3-4 days ago, immediately received the e-mail that I had used the AMEX offer, but still no credit. I'm getting worried now since others said it credited the next day.

Should show up soon......I made a payment 5 days ago, and the $150 credit showed up this morning. :D

For me , the credit did not show up for about 14 days, I contacted their customer service, he escalated the issue and credit appeared within next 2 days

So, I just saw a post from late August on one of the money boards saying that AMEX is now limiting their offers to one per person, even if you have the cards across different logins. People reported having money charged back to them when they redeemed some offers multiple times. Has anyone seen that for this offer? This policy will make these cruise offers MUCH less valuable! Note: it does not affect doing different offers each time they come up, just doing the same offer on two cards under your name. I believe that the authorized user can still also do it once.

Anyone have the link to add it to my card, I know that has worked in the past. Thanks

No. I think Amex closed that loophole after the last offer round. If it's not available to your card, you won't be able to get it via other means. :(

So, I just saw a post from late August on one of the money boards saying that AMEX is now limiting their offers to one per person, even if you have the cards across different logins. People reported having money charged back to them when they redeemed some offers multiple times. Has anyone seen that for this offer? This policy will make these cruise offers MUCH less valuable! Note: it does not affect doing different offers each time they come up, just doing the same offer on two cards under your name. I believe that the authorized user can still also do it once.

I have not seen or heard this. My two cards had the offer on both but once I added it one card, it disappeared from the other. DW is an authorized user on one of my cards (and has her own login) so it's on her card as well and we will use it within the next 10 days; hopefully the credit won't be charged back to us!

Husband and I have one AMEX account - each of us has a card with our name on it. Each of the cards are registered separately. We each clicked (under our separate sign in) to have the offer from Carnival added to our cards soon as it was offered

A few days before final payment was due in September - we made a $750 payment on my card and the next day the $150 credit was posted.

A couple of days later We paid off the balance $1000+ with Husband's card. His $150 credit posted the following day.

So ... our total with AMEX will be $300 lighter :D

I have not seen or heard this. My two cards had the offer on both but once I added it one card, it disappeared from the other. DW is an authorized user on one of my cards (and has her own login) so it's on her card as well and we will use it within the next 10 days; hopefully the credit won't be charged back to us!

So you had it available to clip on both cards but then after you loaded it on one it disappeared on the other? That is standard, which is why many of us split our cards across multiple logins. Then we were able to add it on each card and redeem it multiple times for each person, plus the authorized user's card(s) as well.

So you had it available to clip on both cards but then after you loaded it on one it disappeared on the other? That is standard, which is why many of us split our cards across multiple logins. Then we were able to add it on each card and redeem it multiple times for each person, plus the authorized user's card(s) as well.

Correct. However, it's too late for me to split up my two cards across two Amex login accounts as they are already associated under one login (both cards and the single login are many decades old). My DW's however is under a separate login so we will use it's offer.

Correct. However, it's too late for me to split up my two cards across two Amex login accounts as they are already associated under one login (both cards and the single login are many decades old). My DW's however is under a separate login so we will use it's offer.

That's actually not true. There is an easy way to remove the 2nd card from the login and then logoff and create a new ID for that card. However, it may not matter anymore if they're not letting you have redeem an offer more than one time per person.

Also, if you had cloned the window (or just opened another window and logged in again) and had the offer displayed for both cards in the different windows, you would have been able to add it to both cards. But it was easier to have a different login.

Mine disappeared from the list on the secondary (but individually registered) card BUT the credit did come through when $750 was paid as well as on the primary card. (see post #60 if interested in how we did this)

Mine disappeared from the list on the secondary (but individually registered) card BUT the credit did come through when $750 was paid as well as on the primary card. (see post #60 if interested in how we did this)

Yeah, that's not what I am talking about. You have what's known as an "authorized user" card. You can't have both cards on the same login because they are not under the same name. I'm talking about having multiple AMEX credit card accounts under a single name, not multiple cards under a single account. I'm not positive but I think that what AMEX is doing is allowing one per person. I'm not sure exactly when your offer disappeared but if it was after the charge posted, that is normal.

Does anyone know if the offer works if I'm booked through Expedia or other travel site? The fine print does say it's valid when booked through Carnival.com, by phone or travel professional. I'm asking because there's an extra 10% cash back through Ebates on cruises with Expedia and wouldn't mind the double dip!

Does anyone know if the offer works if I'm booked through Expedia or other travel site? The fine print does say it's valid when booked through Carnival.com, by phone or travel professional. I'm asking because there's an extra 10% cash back through Ebates on cruises with Expedia and wouldn't mind the double dip!

As long as the charge is made out to Carnival and not Expedia, you should be ok to get the credit. I don't know how expedia handles this; I do know when I have previously used the Amex offer with my TA, the charges show up to the cruise line, not his agency, and I have received the credit.

As long as the charge is made out to Carnival and not Expedia, you should be ok to get the credit. I don't know how expedia handles this; I do know when I have previously used the Amex offer with my TA, the charges show up to the cruise line, not his agency, and I have received the credit.

It's very rare for the charge to come from the agency and not the travel provider, but I can't say with 100% certainty that it never happens. But I don't think I've ever read of people not getting the credit for past AMEX deals as a result of this. Think about it, why would the travel agent want to process the charge themselves and eat the bank fees when the cruise line will do it for them. Plus I believe that the credit card gets processed by the cruise line as part of the reservation process on their computer.

It's very rare for the charge to come from the agency and not the travel provider, but I can't say with 100% certainty that it never happens. But I don't think I've ever read of people not getting the credit for past AMEX deals as a result of this. Think about it, why would the travel agent want to process the charge themselves and eat the bank fees when the cruise line will do it for them. Plus I believe that the credit card gets processed by the cruise line as part of the reservation process on their computer.

Although everything you wrote makes sense, I have seen posts on these boards warning others not to deal with a TA who does not process the charge directly through the cruise line.

I'm not sure, but IIRC, we have purchased airline tickets in the past through Expedia with the charge showing up as Expedia, but I could be wrong; it has been a while.

That's actually not true. There is an easy way to remove the 2nd card from the login and then logoff and create a new ID for that card. However, it may not matter anymore if they're not letting you have redeem an offer more than one time per person.

Also, if you had cloned the window (or just opened another window and logged in again) and had the offer displayed for both cards in the different windows, you would have been able to add it to both cards. But it was easier to have a different login.

Good info. The next time this offer (or similar) comes up, I'll keep this in mind. :)

We book thru a TA who uses our amex card to pay Carnival directly. Charges for this offer must be paid for with the amex card that added that offer to their card's offer list

here's the offer posted on amex for the payment using our card

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES RESERVATION - MIAMI,FL

this is how the $150 credit was posted on amex

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES RESV - MIAMI

My guess would be that if you charge something like the Cheers Packages it would not be eligible since I think those are posted to amex as Fun Shops purchases.

Although everything you wrote makes sense, I have seen posts on these boards warning others not to deal with a TA who does not process the charge directly through the cruise line.

I have seen those warnings as well but I've never seen someone that has actually seen charges come in from a travel agent. Instead, they think they know how it work but have no actual proof.

I'm not sure, but IIRC, we have purchased airline tickets in the past through Expedia with the charge showing up as Expedia, but I could be wrong; it has been a while.
I've never used Expedia but whenever (with one exception) I have purchased airline tickets thru a 3rd party, the charge has shown up from the airline. Similarly for cruises. The exception is when I bought tickets thru US Bank's travel rewards system and only had enough points for one ticket so I had to pay for the second. Edited by MisterBill99