Anniversary sale onboard credit increase if upsell taken?

coolcagolfer

We just took an upsell from inside to balcony on an upcoming cruise. We had been given $75 each obc by Princess for the inside cabin, under the Anniversary sale several months ago. Now that we have paid additional to Princess for the upsell to balcony, would Princess increase our obc to $150 each as was offered under the Anniversary sale that we booked originally under? Our TA thinks not, but just thought we would ask if anyone has had any luck getting their obc increased under these circumstances.

Even if you booked with a TA, upsells offers are settled directly with Princess.

Did you not ask this question at the time you accepted the offer?

And what does it show in your Cruise Personalizer? The same $75, or the perks associated with the new cabin category? If not the latter I would try calling Princess direct. Though they may try to send you back to your TA, make it clear you are inquiring about the upsell that you accepted from Princess, not your TA.

Edited by fishywood

It has been my experience that whatever the perks/amenities were at the time of booking remains the same even after accepting an upsell. (Using a TA has no relevence since the upsell is typically between you and Princess via phone calls) I will say this ... I have NOT tried to have a TA contact Princess in regard to this type of scenario.

IIRC, It is yield management that has authority when it comes to upgrades/upsells, not a typical cruise booking agent.

This is what my last "upsell Offer" had in the fine print. This was last month.

Upgrade cost is in addition to the fare already paid and is per person and based on double occupancy. Single occupancy pays 200%. Travel Protection premium may increase, if previously purchased. Offer is applicable to the guests named on this notification who are currently booked in the categories listed above. Guests booked in other stateroom categories are not eligible for this offer. This offer is capacity controlled and based on availability. Future Cruise Deposit program Onboard Credit (OBC) does not increase as a result of acceptance of this offer.

If the promotion you are booked on has varying amenities by stateroom type, the amenities provided will be based on the category booked and paid for prior to purchasing this exclusive upgrade offer.

I would think that the benefits would not increase since the upgrade/upsell is most likely, if not always, a much better deal than had the upgraded category been booked at the outset.

Why would they give a sweet deal for the cabin AND throw in

Extra OBC?