Should I be frustrated/Is it worth pursuing a resolution?

Grantl14

Contact mbayley@rccl.com. Explain the situation and ask him (his department) to pull the audio recording. Be specific that this is "time sensitive." He, and his department, are very punctual in their responses and very helpful. They will resolve the situation fairly.

I second this. It’s unacceptable that you made the change having been told there would be no cost and they now want to charge you. In my country this would actually be illegal as you have relied on the representation of their employee. And it wasn’t fanciful, room rates do go up and down all the time so the concept of a fare drop wasn’t crazy.

Absolutely call and go up the chain of supervisors. As a company, the solution would be to (at the very least) give you $600 of OBC, and if they were an exceptional company refun all the excursion fees and let you sail with the deal you were ‘sold.’

Hello everyone, I guess we’ve gotten our final word. Contacted via twitter and Michael Bayley email. Twitter basically told us the case has already been reviewed by resolutions and they can’t help. Just got off with someone from the executive office team, got a long spiel about how everything was reviewed, how this was so wrong and unacceptable mistake, then told all they could do was add the birthday decorations to my room. Not what I was expecting, but oh well, not much I can do but enjoy and be excited. Thanks for the replies

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello everyone, I guess we’ve gotten our final word. Contacted via twitter and Michael Bayley email. Twitter basically told us the case has already been reviewed by resolutions and they can’t help. Just got off with someone from the executive office team, got a long spiel about how everything was reviewed, how this was so wrong and unacceptable mistake, then told all they could do was add the birthday decorations to my room. Not what I was expecting, but oh well, not much I can do but enjoy and be excited. Thanks for the replies.

Have a great cruise!

That’s terrible that they wouldn’t at least allow you to set it back to what it was before their ‘terrible mistake’?

Did they listen to the tapes?

Who is the consumer advocate guy that tries to help people get things settled out? This seems far to fishy for me to accept as their ‘final word’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s terrible that they wouldn’t at least allow you to set it back to what it was before their ‘terrible mistake’?

Who is the consumer advocate guy that tries to help people get things settled out? This seems far to fishy for me to accept as their ‘final word’.

I agree but I just don’t know what else to do. I spent almost all day on hold with different departments and supervisors yesterday. They said they listened and that I was given completely incorrect information, and everything I said was confirmed. They basically just said this is how their system works, and the timing of when we canceled out excursions and added the guests came together perfect for this mistake to happen and slide past the rep. Like I said, our payment deadline is Sunday and I don’t know who else to contact really, seems easier to just let it go at this point.

Christopher Elliott

Damn that sucks, I think it would have been fair to at least throw a couple hundred OBC at you for the customer service reps mistake. However you seem to have a good attitude about all this, and I hope you have a great cruise!

I agree, I figured they’d atleast throw something our way. And not that it matters a ton, but we’re clearly not trying to mess with them in any way, between the two rooms our bill is well over 10,000.

Damn that sucks, I think it would have been fair to at least throw a couple hundred OBC at you for the customer service reps mistake. However you seem to have a good attitude about all this, and I hope you have a great cruise!

Don’t think that I’ve ever complained to a company or really had to use customer service ever before this. I was truly never rude, and yesterday after I asked for one of the agents supervisor I was told “sure I can do that, but they’re just going to repeat exactly what I’ve just told you” in a bit of a snarky way. Just disappointing more-so I guess.

I would try to get some of the loss shared by your buddies that will be enjoying the cruise.

Now you have experience in dealing with the lemons life throws at you.

Try to put it behind you and enjoy your cruise.

And don’t enjoy it so much you become a pier runner.

I would try to get some of the loss shared by your buddies that will be enjoying the cruise.

Now you have experience in dealing with the lemons life throws at you.

Try to put it behind you and enjoy your cruise.

And don’t enjoy it so much you become a pier runner.

After a few hours at senor frogs I cant promise anything...

We were booked under a nonrefundable deposit rate, I asked about just changing it back to the original two and they said no can do.

This is the real problem, and indicates that RCI just wants your money, and are not willing to accept any fault in the way their representative spoke, or how the confirmation looked when they sent it. :rolleyes:

They could easily say... this was confusing and we were not clear on our part, so we can at least put it back the way it was yesterday. This is not unreasonable considering the confirmation.

This story is sad and makes me feel so bad for the OP. I also understand exactly how that happened because it almost just happened to me. I was booked in a balcony cabin on Adventure, and I check pricing daily for a JS deal. When I saw one, I called and spoke with the reservationist who gave me a number that was too good to be true. I had already done some general calculations and it didn't seem to make sense, so I asked for them to give me more detailed line-by-line information, because I didn't want a misunderstanding before giving up my hump balcony on deck 8! I wanted to think about it a little more and do some math, and when I called back about an hour later, the price to upgrade was double because THAT agent was not removing my extras.

So basically, the same situation on a much smaller scale - the number they were quoting me to upgrade was strictly an out-of-pocket cost, as they were removing my refreshment package and gratuities and applying them towards the upgrade cost. (i.e., I would have had to pay again for those two items on top of the amount of the upgrade). I dodged that bullet, but in reading the OP's post, I totally get what happened, and they absolutely should not be steering people wrong.

Maybe this will help the OP to get better resolution. Birthday decorations instead of $1200 back when an honest mistake was noted? That's just bad business. I'm disappointed in Royal.

Hello everyone, I guess we’ve gotten our final word. Contacted via twitter and Michael Bayley email. Twitter basically told us the case has already been reviewed by resolutions and they can’t help. Just got off with someone from the executive office team, got a long spiel about how everything was reviewed, how this was so wrong and unacceptable mistake, then told all they could do was add the birthday decorations to my room. Not what I was expecting, but oh well, not much I can do but enjoy and be excited. Thanks for the replies

As someone who is new to Royal I can't for the life of me understand how they can have such a loyal following with such poor customer service. To acknowledge their fault and not be able to provide resolution is beyond unacceptable. I hope you have a great cruise in spite of this (it certainly sounds like you will make the best of it).

This story is sad and makes me feel so bad for the OP. I also understand exactly how that happened because it almost just happened to me. I was booked in a balcony cabin on Adventure, and I check pricing daily for a JS deal. When I saw one, I called and spoke with the reservationist who gave me a number that was too good to be true. I had already done some general calculations and it didn't seem to make sense, so I asked for them to give me more detailed line-by-line information, because I didn't want a misunderstanding before giving up my hump balcony on deck 8! I wanted to think about it a little more and do some math, and when I called back about an hour later, the price to upgrade was double because THAT agent was not removing my extras.

So basically, the same situation on a much smaller scale - the number they were quoting me to upgrade was strictly an out-of-pocket cost, as they were removing my refreshment package and gratuities and applying them towards the upgrade cost. (i.e., I would have had to pay again for those two items on top of the amount of the upgrade). I dodged that bullet, but in reading the OP's post, I totally get what happened, and they absolutely should not be steering people wrong.

Maybe this will help the OP to get better resolution. Birthday decorations instead of $1200 back when an honest mistake was noted? That's just bad business. I'm disappointed in Royal.

Thanks for this, it did make me feel a little less stupid. I really don’t even know where I would start now even if I did still want to try and resolve more, not much higher I can go than the executive office I would assume. Anything would offset the frustration a little, some OBC, drink package, something for their mess up. But, as some have stated, oh well, I should have researched further before agreeing, but I really thought prices changed all the time and didn’t question the Royal agent, as one would assume he knew what he was doing.

As someone who is new to Royal I can't for the life of me understand how they can have such a loyal following with such poor customer service. To acknowledge their fault and not be able to provide resolution is beyond unacceptable. I hope you have a great cruise in spite of this (it certainly sounds like you will make the best of it).

Like I said, we have been on only Royal and have never had any problems before this. Their onboard staff is always amazing, concierge have always made everything happen, and we have never had to deal with customer service before or after our sailings. After searching more, I have seen so much negative feedback about their customer service as well though.

So they made the mistake, you have proof of the mistake, they admit to the mistake but wont do nothing about it? Not that they care one iota but this would be my last Royal Caribbean cruise. Ever. I would make sure every friend I know that even thought about sailing Royal reconsiders them too. This is piss poor customer service and bad business. YES! You absolutely should be frustrated!

When I had an issue, I found the person responding from Michael Bayley's office was of no help, he also set up a time to call me and then he forgot to make the call. However, the head of the department which created the issue was sincerely interested in providing a resolution, and ultimately did so. Try emailing Sebastian Drakalovich, Associate Vice President, Consumer Outreach sdrakalovich@rccl.com. Include how long you and your parents have been cruising with Royal, C&A level, etc. This is not the individual who I reached out to for my issue, but it's the best contact I can find for yours. Good luck. I know you'll enjoy your cruise either way, but I think it's worth pursuing further ... decorations are not a sufficient remedy for a $1,200 error made by their employee.