Club Class directions

ChrisB123

Sorry if this was asked before, I couldn't find a posting. We will be on The Star in Oct and have a CC room. I'M SO EXCITED. :hearteyes:

That being said, I've read many times that CC dining has it's own entrance but not how you locate that entrance. Will directions be given in the room? How about Breakfast and Lunch? Are they in the same place as dinner? Not a earth shaking question but I'm curious and like building up on the anticipation. :D

Another question is about embarkation. We are supposed to get priority, yet someone on the boards said that when she got in the priority line, she was told it was not for CC passengers. Anyone else experience this?

The CC dining room is usually located on Deck 6, as a portion of the anytime dining room on that deck. The entrance is usually on the starboard side. The main entrance is on the port side. That dining room serves CC breakfast every day (except the last day, when there is usually a section of the fixed seating dining room reserved for CC dining, ask your waiter to be sure), lunch on sea days, and dinner.

Your boarding pass should indicate whether there is priority boarding or not. We've been elite since CC started, so I do not know what the deal is there.

Sorry if this was asked before, I couldn't find a posting. We will be on The Star in Oct and have a CC room. I'M SO EXCITED. :hearteyes:

That being said, I've read many times that CC dining has it's own entrance but not how you locate that entrance. Will directions be given in the room? How about Breakfast and Lunch? Are they in the same place as dinner? Not a earth shaking question but I'm curious and like building up on the anticipation. :D

Another question is about embarkation. We are supposed to get priority, yet someone on the boards said that when she got in the priority line, she was told it was not for CC passengers. Anyone else experience this?

The Club Class entrance is on the port (left) side of the DR on deck 6.

Main entrance on the starboard (right) side.

Same place for Breakfast/lunch/dinner.

As far as boarding.......

Sometimes the priority line is longer than the regular lines.

We just head to the shortest line.

A quick search found a few threads on CC dining, here is one.....

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2549523&highlight=club+class

The Club Class entrance is on the port (left) side of the DR on deck 6.

Main entrance on the starboard (right) side.

Same place for Breakfast/lunch/dinner.

As far as boarding.......

Sometimes the priority line is longer than the regular lines.

We just head to the shortest line.

A quick search found a few threads on CC dining, here is one.....

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2549523&highlight=club+class

You made me go back and look at the deck plans....and wonder if I was losing my mind. Port is the left hand side (when facing toward the bow) and starboard is the right hand side (when facing toward the bow). The CC entrance will be on the starboard side, as the main entrance to the Portofino dining room is on the port side.

You made me go back and look at the deck plans....and wonder if I was losing my mind. Port is the left hand side (when facing toward the bow) and starboard is the right hand side (when facing toward the bow). The CC entrance will be on the starboard side, as the main entrance to the Portofino dining room is on the port side.

My bad.......You are right! ;):o

I forgot on the Star its on the Starboard/ right side when I sailed in May!

Its obvious with the signage at the entrance.

Other ships (CB/RUBY etc) its on the Port side.

On the Royal its like the Star and on the Starboard side too.

It fairly certain it was on the Starboard side on the Emerald.

This is wrong,, on the ruby etc the cc entrance is still on the starboard side.

Edited by antsp

On the Pacific there is only one entrance to the dining room. so club class passengers have to try and squeeze past the queue of other diners, to get to the partitioned off area. Great unfavorable comments abound from the masses, with words I know of but don't use. Happy cruising and every blessing.

Edited by Ron the Rev
typo

We will be on the Crown Princess next August in a suite. We have cruised on Princess in full suites before, but this will be our first time with Club Class perks. Which side of ship the should we go to find the entrance to the dining room? I looked at the deck plans but I 'm still unsure. Thanks in advance for your help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

Last October the Club Class dining entrance on the Emerald Princess was on the starboard side of the deck 6 amidships dining room.

Last February the Club Class dining entrance on the Royal Princess was on the port side of the deck 6 amidships dining room.

Last July the Club Class dining entrance on the Sapphire Princess was on the starboard side of the deck 6 amidships dining room.

We will be on the Crown Princess next August in a suite. We have cruised on Princess in full suites before, but this will be our first time with Club Class perks. Which side of ship the should we go to find the entrance to the dining room? I looked at the deck plans but I 'm still unsure. Thanks in advance for your help.

Took a look at the deck plans for Crown, it will be on the starboard side Deck 6 of the midship dining room. Enjoy. If you have any difficulty finding it, just go the main dining room entrance and they will direct you to the proper entrance.

Took a look at the deck plans for Crown, it will be on the starboard side Deck 6 of the midship dining room. Enjoy. If you have any difficulty finding it, just go the main dining room entrance and they will direct you to the proper entrance.
Thanks [emoji4] We are looking forward to the experience!

Altho we have over 20 cruises on Princess we haven't been on Princess in the last 3 years or so.

Friends tell me they've been upgraded to "club class."

From comments above I can see it's a private area of the MDR. Is the food much better or different?

Looking at a Princess cruise next year. Might want to consider club class.

Do I have to book a certain level cabin? We are elite but don't suppose that helps.

Generally book OV or Balconies.

Thanks!

From comments above I can see it's a private area of the MDR. Is the food much better or different?

The menu is the same as the rest of the dining room but does have an extra item or two at each meal not available in the rest of the dining room.

Basically, Club Class is true anytime dining as when you show up you will be seated immediately or after a very short wait.

Altho we have over 20 cruises on Princess we haven't been on Princess in the last 3 years or so.

Do I have to book a certain level cabin? We are elite but don't suppose that helps.

Thanks!

Yes must book a club class mini suite.

It comes with all full suites.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks!

The same menu is served in CC as MDR, with (usually) an added choice or two.

The difference lies in significantly upgraded service, and being "anytime" without the dreaded beeper.