When does Celebrity grant next level in Captain's Club?

skrapngal

I am taking my first Celebrity Cruise in March 2020 and will be Platinum in Royal Caribbean by then. If I understand correctly, I will be granted Select status in the Captain's Club at 2 points (I have already signed up for the Captain's Club and have my number). I know some cruise lines grant you status on the day you achieve it while others only grant it on the cruise following the one on which you attain a new level.

How does Celebrity work the loyalty club. Will I gain Select status on the 2nd day or will I have to cruise a 2nd time with Celebrity for the loyalty recognition to kick in?

what grandgeezer said is true but you are getting a courtesy crossover status from Royal, and if you are correct that you will achieve the Royal level prior to the Celebrity cruise, then all it takes is a phone call to Captain's club to establish your crossover benefits and level.

From then on, you need to complete the cruise to move from one tier to the next. As you say, some cruise lines move you up mid-cruise, but Celebrity does not.

what grandgeezer said is true but you are getting a courtesy crossover status from Royal, and if you are correct that you will achieve the Royal level prior to the Celebrity cruise, then all it takes is a phone call to Captain's club to establish your crossover benefits and level.

From then on, you need to complete the cruise to move from one tier to the next. As you say, some cruise lines move you up mid-cruise, but Celebrity does not.

Agree however would point out that you do not gain points from a Royal Cruise on Celebrity just the level.I don’t know where the two points come from you mentioned.

Agree however would point out that you do not gain points from a Royal Cruise on Celebrity just the level.I don’t know where the two points come from you mentioned.

the 2 points is the level I need in the Captain's Club for my Platinum in Crown and Anchor to trigger loyalty recognition. So I'm guessing that I won't have any loyalty recognition on this cruise. Oh well, I'll be on a cruise, life will be great LOL

the 2 points is the level I need in the Captain's Club for my Platinum in Crown and Anchor to trigger loyalty recognition. So I'm guessing that I won't have any loyalty recognition on this cruise. Oh well, I'll be on a cruise, life will be great LOL

You are correct that the actual status will transfer from RCCL. If you want to continue to advance up the Celebrity captains club ladder you will be starting from preview on Celebrity. TO get up to Elite on Celebrity the quickest way will be to get to the appropriate level on RCCL and transfer your status across.

That said you could always go and have a chat with the CC Host. Whilst the host cant upgrade you they may be able to get you into some events quietly. If you do get a perk keep quiet about it

the points you get on Celebrity do not get added to the RC. Each is calculated independently The status transfers. Points never add together. So if you have a status on RC and start cruising with Celebrity you level will not change until you accrue enough Celebrity points or continue to build with RC

Here is the wording from the Royal site:

• Equivalent Recognition is a program that offers Crown and Anchor, Captain’s Club, and Le Club Voyage loyalty members the opportunity to receive recognition and similar benefits when they sail with one of the three brands – both pre-cruise and onboard with matching tier status; however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system for Crown & Anchor Society. Members of one program must enroll in the sister program in order to receive equivalent recognition benefits. Credits earned on one brand are not combinable with credits earned from another brand. The benefits of the Captain’s Club, Crown & Anchor Society and Le Club Voyage will stay independent and not be combined. Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society® Platinum and Emerald levels will be equivalent to Select in Celebrity Cruise’s Captain’s Club and Explorer in Azamara Club Cruises’ Le Club Voyage. Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society® Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club levels will be equivalent to Elite in Celebrity Cruise’s Captain’s Club and Azamara Club Cruises’ Discoverer in Le Club Voyage. Gold and Pinnacle Club membership status in Crown & Anchor Society are not part of this benefit. Pinnacle Club membership tier level can only be obtained through earning the appropriate number of Cruise Points on Royal Caribbean ships.

A couple of things to note. As soon as you are Platinum on Royal you will be Select on Celebrity, assuming you have let Celebrity know your C&A number. Whoever said that you need 2 points on Celebrity to trigger this, was incorrect. You will be Select based on your C&A status, with zero Celebrity points. You will continue to be Select as you accrue Celebrity points until you either a) become Diamond on C&A or b)earn enough points on Celebrity.

Here is the wording from the Royal site:

A couple of things to note. As soon as you are Platinum on Royal you will be Select on Celebrity, assuming you have let Celebrity know your C&A number. Whoever said that you need 2 points on Celebrity to trigger this, was incorrect. You will be Select based on your C&A status, with zero Celebrity points. You will continue to be Select as you accrue Celebrity points until you either a) become Diamond on C&A or b)earn enough points on Celebrity.

Hmmm, have to let them know my C&A number.. ok. As for the 2 points, it was on a Celebrity or a Royal website (last week). Am now unable to locate it (I'm thinking that IT at Celebrity is no better than Royal's LOL). I will be platinum 4 months before my Celebrity cruise, so will make sure to iron all that out in due time. Nice that I'll be getting a few perks :D