Major downgrade in Cagney's lunch menus on the Gem

Norovirus595

I hope the Gem keeps the new "old" menu. We'll be on her in November. Now we can finally have lunch for lunch - not huge dinner portions for lunch. I for one am sure happy to hear the good menus are back. I love the chicken and polenta. I hope they brought back the old breakfast menu too with Crab Cake Benedict on it too. :hearteyes::cool::hearteyes:

Crab cakes benedict was on the menu

I hope the Gem keeps the new "old" menu. We'll be on her in November. Now we can finally have lunch for lunch - not huge dinner portions for lunch. I for one am sure happy to hear the good menus are back. I love the chicken and polenta. I hope they brought back the old breakfast menu too with Crab Cake Benedict on it too. [emoji813]eyes::cool:[emoji813]eyes:
This! And, realistically... the pie. I am going to try the chicken though. I would have passed it and the swordfish sandwich by without the comments here. 20150919_122710.thumb.jpg.70716d39c601ccfe573decd5f149d034.jpg

20150914_194520.jpg.8259afa2be50659ec538a4babe51e782.jpg

Not so much when you are paying for a suite. You expect an upscale menu for an upscale price.

Food is absolutely subjective,. What you may find upscale someone else will find to be garbage.

Posting 50 times a day doesn't make your opinion more valid.

I hope the Gem keeps the new "old" menu. We'll be on her in November. Now we can finally have lunch for lunch - not huge dinner portions for lunch. I for one am sure happy to hear the good menus are back. I love the chicken and polenta. I hope they brought back the old breakfast menu too with Crab Cake Benedict on it too. :hearteyes::cool::hearteyes:

Let us know what the menu looks like in a couple months. I'm skeptical but if we could see the full date in the lower right hand corner we'd know if they changed back. I doubt it.

I've only ever had Hellman's and Best Foods. Kraft is not in the same league. What is different/better about Dukes?

Hellman was one of only three

Items that was totally brand only for me (Hellman, Bounty, Coca Cola) until I moved to the south in 91 and was introduced to Dukes Mayo. It rocks. It is so much yummier. I haven’t bought Hellmans in 26 years!

Of course that’s JMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off the Gem this morning, and sadly they've reverted to their 2013 era lunch menus in Cagneys.

The previous menu was lovely (see here http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/m223_cag_lunch.pdf) and was really one of the main reasons I looked forward to being in a suite.

The old 2013 menu (see here http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/m_cagneys_lunch.pdf) felt like barely dressed up MDR food for the most part.

Is this a fleet-wide change?

The first menu is for Haven Restaurant megaships.

The second menu is the “Cagney’s” menu for suite and VIP guests on all but the megaships and hasn’t changed but for size and # of shrimp, the roast beef au jus used to be an open faced on a real NY style hard roll and the swordfish burger, if Im not mistaken was, at one point, grouper.