Suite Water? and other questions

shanecindy21403

Under the suite amenities it states - One complimentary mini bar set-up and free daily bottled water. Is this something new? I'm assuming that would be 2 bottles one for each of us? Also what size are the bottles? I had ordered 2 cases of water but if they are going to give us water daily I don't really need to order any.

We'll be getting 2 mini bar set-ups. One for the suite and one for being Elite. I was planning on trading them out for 4 coffee cards. Now with the new coffee card policy we'll only trade one of them for the new electronic cards. With the other one I know you can trade liquor for liquor, soda for soda etc. Can you trade liquor for beer? Also does anyone know what the beer options are that I can get with the mini bar?

Thanks in advance!

We always trade our mini bar setups for soda and water. We won't do coffee cards any longer since they are only good for the cruise you are on. They ask you what you want to trade for. When we do the water and soda we always get more than enough water to hold us for the cruise.

Water seems to depend on your steward. In April, we had 3 people in the suite. Each night the water on the counter was upgraded to 3 bottles. Translation--if one had been used/2 remaining, we'd be given one. We learned that if we wanted to get addition, as for an excursion, to tuck our existing bottles in the closet; we'd get 3 more. On our August cruise, the steward left us 2 bottles each night no matter what. They were literally accumulating on the counter and we left many sitting there on the last day. These were ?16 ounce bottles--the normal size. We definitely did not need more water!

It may have been plotting by the steward to leave them as I've read that some passengers have given leftovers to the steward or their dining staff.

As to trading the minibar--we could trade "down" to anything less costly. We traded everything for diet coke. The lady came while we were there to do our delivery and had a price list with her; we could trade for anything the same or lower price on the list. She just made a note that we wanted diet coke, and took the listed goodies back with her. The Cokes came while we were at dinner. Sorry can't tell you what the beer was.

Interesting to hear one account of only being allowed to trade equal or down in price. I thought it was always alcoholic for any other alcoholic beverage or nonalcoholic beverage, and any nonalcoholic beverage for any other nonalcoholic one. Price didn't matter.

Interesting to hear one account of only being allowed to trade equal or down in price. I thought it was always alcoholic for any other alcoholic beverage or nonalcoholic beverage, and any nonalcoholic beverage for any other nonalcoholic one. Price didn't matter.

Same here. Will see if that policy has changed or just ship specific.

Under the suite amenities it states - One complimentary mini bar set-up and free daily bottled water. Is this something new? I'm assuming that would be 2 bottles one for each of us? Also what size are the bottles? I had ordered 2 cases of water but if they are going to give us water daily I don't really need to order any.

We'll be getting 2 mini bar set-ups. One for the suite and one for being Elite. I was planning on trading them out for 4 coffee cards. Now with the new coffee card policy we'll only trade one of them for the new electronic cards. With the other one I know you can trade liquor for liquor, soda for soda etc. Can you trade liquor for beer? Also does anyone know what the beer options are that I can get with the mini bar?

Thanks in advance!

On the last 2 cruises we did not receive free water during the cruises.

Not wanting to rely on possible 'free" water we purchased the case's of water online prior to the cruise.

It is really hit or miss.........

I understand that what we were told on board (by the crew person in our room) is different than what I'd read on these boards. I can only report on what happened on our cruise. This was the same person who didn't know whether our coffee package would carry over to the second leg of the B2B or not--this she called and verified. What she learned on the phone did prove to be accurate. I truly appreciated her being willing to say that she was not sure and getting a firm answer for us before the trade, as it might have impacted our swap decision.

Also on the water....again, I can only state what happened to us and how it differed on different 2018 cruises.

Edited by moki'smommy

On our last cruise in a window suite, we didn't get waters everyday - but, that might have been because we got the two mini-bars and traded 1 for 2 coffee cards and the other for bottled waters (got 22 of the small bottles) --- Plenty for the 10 days!! Plus, I'd pre-ordered the soda package and got two of the large bottles as compensation for not getting the tumbler. Needless to say, our cabin steward got lots of water when we left.

On our last cruise in a window suite, we didn't get waters everyday - but, that might have been because we got the two mini-bars and traded 1 for 2 coffee cards and the other for bottled waters (got 22 of the small bottles) --- Plenty for the 10 days!! Plus, I'd pre-ordered the soda package and got two of the large bottles as compensation for not getting the tumbler. Needless to say, our cabin steward got lots of water when we left.

We received the 2 mini bars for each cruise as well.

IMO......dont think it has anything to do with it.

I did not see any post that said you could not trade alcohol for other alcohol including for beer. The posters had wanted to trade for non-alcoholic beverages.

Its always been beer for beer or less for us

or liquor for liquor or less.

Never had an issue.

Well I went and cancelled the cases of water that I preordered. Can't see wasting the money for something they are going to give me. So I'll trade one mini bar for the 2 coffee card packages. The other mini bar I'll try to trade out for all beer and soda I think it's like 10 each. We have the soda and more packages but I figure this way I don't actually have to go get a soda every time I want one. I also pre ordered some vodka and crown so I can have a supply in the stateroom. Just order some extra OJ in the am from room service.

Well I went and cancelled the cases of water that I preordered. Can't see wasting the money for something they are going to give me. So I'll trade one mini bar for the 2 coffee card packages. The other mini bar I'll try to trade out for all beer and soda I think it's like 10 each. We have the soda and more packages but I figure this way I don't actually have to go get a soda every time I want one. I also pre ordered some vodka and crown so I can have a supply in the stateroom. Just order some extra OJ in the am from room service.

We traded our Dos Equis for other beer. They said any type on the room service menu, which I am sure you can find online if you want to know what types before day of travel.