Downgraded Suite and no resolution!

amscene1

I would try calling RC one more time to see if I had any luck. I doubt I would luck out but you never know.

Regretfully, there are some people who have to cancel at the last minute due to unfortunate reasons. When you call you could play the honeymoon card. I personally feel they would do what they could to make it come true. However, if the ship is sold out above JS there is not much they can do for a W. However, if the GS means that much you could also ask to be put on the paid upgrade list. After all you have been through though, I doubt you want to pay more.

I can attest a JS is a pretty killer room, especially after being a regular cabin a few weeks ago. I know the promise of the GS to be swapped to a JS can be defeating but this is your honeymoon. You do however have a drink package and meal package so roll with it. Our family has had some crappy things happen, like all, but we roll with it and make the best of a bad thing. We had too, we made it no other option in our house.

From your good list of previous cruises it won't be your last. It will be a story that hopefully you can joke about at some point, just not in the next few days. Make the call, don't spend more time here and keep your fingers crossed at the pier.

We usually sail in Star Class but I have always said you just need to be onboard. That's what we did with our recent 4 day booking and we had just as much fun in the "last balcony"on board than where you might normally find us.

Good luck and Congrats on your upcoming wedding.

Thank you for your kind words and comments, truly you sound reasonable and level headed. Had this not been my honeymoon, in all reality I would have let it go.

My wife started the post last night and I as her husband have to fight for my wife. Yes, we will have an amazing time on our honeymoon. I have no doubt about it. Even if we were moved to an inside, we would have laughed it off and made the best of it.

I will take your advice and keep pursuing and not spending too much time responding here anymore and I will let everyone know the outcome in the next 48 hours.

Thank You again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for your kind words and comments, truly you sound reasonable and level headed. Had this not been my honeymoon, in all reality I would have let it go.

You keep bringing up the honeymoon piece as if it's so significant in this story. If that's such an important factor, bite the bullet and pay for the full suite. Problem solved.

You keep bringing up the honeymoon piece as if it's so significant in this story. If that's such an important factor, bite the bullet and pay for the full suite. Problem solved.

As I mentioned in a previous post. If one were available, I would have.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you were old enough you probably would have used the term at some time in the distant past. No one who says it means it as a racial slur.

I agree !. I am from the UK and its a saying my Mother used to use as far back as the 1950's that I can recall. ;) . I'm 75 !.

As far as the OP's feeling of 'injustice' is concerned I am sympathetic with what has happened to her although it is clear that RCI havent broken rules etc. To be advised you have been allocated a Grand Suite to then be told that it has been changed to a JS has got to be a disappointment to put it mildly. A situation that would typically have been described as 'Indian Giving' by my Mom and she came from an era where she wouldnt have known what racism was or even what the term meant.