Downgraded Suite and no resolution!

amscene1

I have, doesn’t say anything about pulling the original room and assigning lower category. Even if that was spelled out that is an extremely shady business practice, I hope you would agree? I think we call it the old bait and switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Completely disagree. They paid for a Suite GTY and they ended up in a Suite, Sad they were given one suite and then moved to a JS but most people who upgrade to a suite GTY end up in a JS. If you want to guaranty your self a Grand Suite then you need to pay for one.

I would call back tomorrow morning, when you will get another person in the resolution department and tell them this is your celebrating your honeymoon on this cruise. Tell them the whole thing and see if they can at least sweeten the disappointment that you are feeling and maybe they can give you a few more perks for your disappointment.

It does happen from time to time but given the infrequency of it happening I would tend to believe that it’s actually a mistake rather than a bait n switch,

Unfortunately you got exactly what you paid for.

Had you been assigned a JS the first time this wouldn’t be an issue as all you were promised was a JS which is exactly what you received at the end of the day.

Yes it sucks and yes I think that they should have given you more than flowers but they chose not to.

Thank you for your comment. The actual fact is they denied it happening basically calling me a liar. At no point did anyone from royal say that they are allowed to do this or well within their rights to do so. Just I’m sorry, it never happened, here’s some roses......

This is the point I’m trying to make, if it was not their fault, why offer anything.....

I would have been okay with that if they were straight up to begin with. Like, it’s in the T&C too bad so sad. But no, I’m a liar because they can’t see it happening, have some flowers goodnight.

When I gave the original rep on the phone my original stateroom number she said they booked the same day I did, just after I did.

I would call back tomorrow morning, when you will get another person in the resolution department and tell them this is your celebrating your honeymoon on this cruise. Tell them the whole thing and see if they can at least sweeten the disappointment that you are feeling and maybe they can give you a few more perks for your disappointment.

Jimbo,

I did that already. She talked over me the whole time. They keep saying they called revenue dept and they can’t do anything. But flowers....

I’m really sorry this has happened to you. Put it behind you and go enjoy your HONEYMOON!!! So exciting. Best to you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regardless I’m going to make the best of it, I will even do a large harmony review and let everyone know the resolution. If any!

Thank you for your comment. The actual fact is they denied it happening basically calling me a liar. At no point did anyone from royal say that they are allowed to do this or well within their rights to do so. Just I’m sorry, it never happened, here’s some roses......

This is the point I’m trying to make, if it was not their fault, why offer anything.....

I would have been okay with that if they were straight up to begin with. Like, it’s in the T&C too bad so sad. But no, I’m a liar because they can’t see it happening, have some flowers goodnight.

When I gave the original rep on the phone my original stateroom number she said they booked the same day I did, just after I did.

Often companies offer token gifts to upset customers knowing (in their mind) that it was not the companies fault.

Often companies offer token gifts to upset customers knowing (in their mind) that it was not the companies fault.

Absolutely. If their toilet breaks, if the door to the balcony gets stuck or if a waiter spilled a glass of wine on my pants (it’s all happened to me on ships) and I’ve received “token” gifts with out asking for them.

But when a grand suite (and its associated perks) are granted and retracted, I demand an actual resolution from the resolution department.

Starting tonight, we should call it the “flower department” Catchy!

Unless you think the OP is trolling us you have now seen it and heard it. Book a GTY and you need to be willing to END UP in the worst cabin in the category.

Which I actually did. Ended up in a j4 under the pool deck. Happy honeymoon!

So did you have anything with the grand suite cabin number on it? If so, and you showed it to them, they still called you a liar?

I think this says a lot.

You booked a guarantee, and had the GS assigned right away. Then someone called and wanted to pay outright for a GS, so the line said "hey - look, we're getting more revenue than if we gave this to someone who booked a guarantee suite."

The person who booked and paid for a GS is getting what they paid for.

The person who booked a suite guarantee (you) is getting what they paid for.

Yeah, it's kinda crappy that you saw the original cabin assignment and then saw the JS assignment.

And yeah, they could have offered nicer compensation, especially as this is your honeymoon.

But in the long run, I am sure you will enjoy the cruise.

I think this says a lot.

You booked a guarantee, and had the GS assigned right away. Then someone called and wanted to pay outright for a GS, so the line said "hey - look, we're getting more revenue than if we gave this to someone who booked a guarantee suite."

The person who booked and paid for a GS is getting what they paid for.

The person who booked a suite guarantee (you) is getting what they paid for.

Yeah, it's kinda crappy that you saw the original cabin assignment and then saw the JS assignment.

And yeah, they could have offered nicer compensation, especially as this is your honeymoon.

But in the long run, I am sure you will enjoy the cruise.

How many would stay loyal to royal if this happened to you? I’d rather be nickel and dimed on another line then to be showered with flowers unexpectedly.

At least I know what I’m getting. Oh well, we will see how loyal they are to me soon enough.