Downgraded Suite and no resolution!

amscene1

I did read the entire thread but I never saw where the OP actually admitted it was a guarantee booking versus an actual suite booking. It’s possible I just missed it.

Yep. I've been following this thread as well, and the OP has conveniently ignored any questions about whether it was a GTY booking or not.

I'm not an experienced cruiser, nor an expert on RCI, but I do have a lot of experience in online forums. When people have a rant, but then repeatedly ignore questions, it generally indicates they actually know exactly what has happened and why it has happened.

If, as has been suggested, this is a GTY booking, and the first cabin offered had been the one our OP ended up with, would this thread even exist?

I think this says a lot.

You booked a guarantee, and had the GS assigned right away. Then someone called and wanted to pay outright for a GS, so the line said "hey - look, we're getting more revenue than if we gave this to someone who booked a guarantee suite."

The only problem with this theory is that someone should not have been able to call and inquire about a GS if the category was sold out. The OP didn’t say if only a guaranty (W) was available but I presume this was the case based on the series of events.

I think the moral of the story here is take a screen shot of docs the moment a cabin is assigned. Like I said before, I’m sure that RC is within their rights to do this but... it still a crappy thing to have happen to you. I think if the OP had that screen shot RC would have been more forth coming with compensation.

Yep. I've been following this thread as well, and the OP has conveniently ignored any questions about whether it was a GTY booking or not.

I'm not an experienced cruiser, nor an expert on RCI, but I do have a lot of experience in online forums. When people have a rant, but then repeatedly ignore questions, it generally indicates they actually know exactly what has happened and why it has happened.

If, as has been suggested, this is a GTY booking, and the first cabin offered had been the one our OP ended up with, would this thread even exist?

^^ This. 100% ^^

It’s a racial slur....

Yes, it certainly is. My jaw dropped when I read it.

To the OP: You’ve been asked numerous times in this thread if you have any correspondence showing the assigned GS. Why won’t you answer that question? Also, several have (probably correctly) assumed that you booked a GTY, but you also won’t verify or deny that. That just leaves me dumbfounded. Sorry.

• Thanks 1

Yes, it certainly is. My jaw dropped when I read it.

To the OP: You’ve been asked numerous times in this thread if you have any correspondence showing the assigned GS. Why won’t you answer that question? Also, several have (probably correctly) assumed that you booked a GTY, but you also won’t verify or deny that. That just leaves me dumbfounded. Sorry.

If you have read the whole thread, you have not understood it.

They booked a balcony cabin for their honeymoon. (on the Harmony, leaving 9/15). They saw a W (which is a suite guarantee; this promises a Junior Suite "or higher") and rolled the dice and paid for it.

When they checked, they had been assigned a Grand Suite. When they checked again today, it had been changed to a JS. They feel robbed.

A W promises on a "JS or higher". Contractually, RC is within its rights to take the GS away and give them a JS. It doesn't matter why.

Is it disappointing? Sure. Is it a violation of anything. No.

Got it?

Have been following along and don’t understand why OP is conveniently not answering questions about what was booked and what confirmation showed.

I also began to wonder if she perhaps thought that the abbreviation for a guaranteed suite was GS and that’s why she assumed she had booked a grand suite when in actuality she had booked a guaranteed suite, which is usually a junior suite.

They booked a balcony cabin for their honeymoon. (on the Harmony, leaving 9/15). They saw a W (which is a suite guarantee; this promises a Junior Suite "or higher") and rolled the dice and paid for it.

When they checked, they had been assigned a Grand Suite. When they checked again today, it had been changed to a JS. They feel robbed.

A W promises on a "JS or higher". Contractually, RC is within its rights to take the GS away and give them a JS. It doesn't matter why.

Got it?

The OP never said that. Why do you?

The only problem with this theory is that someone should not have been able to call and inquire about a GS if the category was sold out. The OP didn’t say if only a guaranty (W) was available but I presume this was the case based on the series of events.

Quite often there can be W guarantees offered as well as a Grand Suites. Grand suites or any other suite do not need to be sold out to offer a W guarantee.

That’s what I was told. I was already prebooked in the ship. Booked a paid upgrade. Was assigned a cabin number and then was downgraded.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The OP never said that. Why do you?

Booked a paid upgrade. "Was assigned a cabin number."

A cabin number is "assigned" when the cruise line picks your cabin. That's a guarantee. Otherwise, she would have said, "we booked 11660".

Got it?

Yes, I read the entire thread from the beginning as it’s progressed. Thanks for answering for the OP who still refuses. It’s starting to get funny. You might have read the thread, but you didn’t comprehend my post you quoted.

Got it? (I thought I’d imitate your condescending phrase).

I do admit I had no idea what W meant unless it relates to the Chicago Cubs. I do now, so that clarifies a bit.

Anyway, OP uses racial slurs and can’t even answer the question asked in post #4. I’m done with this person.

Edited by LrgPizza

That’s what I was told. I was already prebooked in the ship. Booked a paid upgrade. Was assigned a cabin number and then was downgraded.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This says they booked a “paid upgrade” and was assigned a cabin number which sounds like it was a Grand Suite, then at some point in time was downgraded to a Junior Suite. If this is true I think RCL was 100% wrong in downgrading them with no extra compensation. There is no timeframe where they have to assign a cabin so they should not change it after the fact.

This says they booked a “paid upgrade” and was assigned a cabin number which sounds like it was a Grand Suite, then at some point in time was downgraded to a Junior Suite. If this is true I think RCL was 100% wrong in downgrading them with no extra compensation. There is no timeframe where they have to assign a cabin so they should not change it after the fact.

If the upgrade was to a specific cabin, I would agree with you. However, as others on the thread have said, and upgrade is normally to a guarantee level which RCCL delivered by putting the OP in a Junior Suite. It sucks if they were ever shown in a higher level suite, but it is the chance you take when booking a guarantee room type, not a specific cabin.

I totally agree with this post. The fact the OP won't dispute the W booking tells me that's exactly what they paid for. So yes, if RCI did this to me, I would also be disappointed. However, I would not take to social media about it because it is what they agreed to when they went with the W.