Classic Movie theme cruises?????

crazzzielady

This is called chartering. Most any group can do this. The cruise line itself has very little to do with it after the group signs the contract. Any ticket sales are through the group, not the cruise line. Ask your question directly with TCM directly.

• 5 months later...

Hi, Crazzzielady , you may have already heard that TCM resumed their cruise. 

The TCM Classic Cruise sails again Oct. 22-27, 2019, round trip NYC - Bermuda, on the Disney Magic.

This cruise sold out in record time, but you can join a waiting list if you are interested (via the TCM Classic Cruise website).

I was lucky enough to book a cabin for this cruise; it will be my 5th TCM Classic Cruise. They are great cruises!

The cruise stopped after the 2016 TCM Classic Cruise (it was the sixth), because (as TCM stated) they were working on changes to the many, expanded TCM offerings, and planning the cruise took a very large amount of their staff away from working on these new endeavours.    

We were told during the last cruise that TCM would try to resume their cruise if it was at all possible, and it seems that it was! YAY!

:classic_biggrin:

Edited by BODICERIPPER
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...

I have been on all 6 of the past TCM cruises and am booked for my 7th this October!  I must say that these are the most incredible and fun cruises, especially for movie buffs.  I highly recommend this cruise - they do an awesome job!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are so very tempted! We love old movies and this (or the movie festival in LA) has been on our bucket list forever.

We have been on 5 Disney cruises, and love DCL!

We are kinda wondering about a couple things, if anybody has done one of the TCM offerings before:

- do they offer movie-themed activities/speakers/showing, even on port days?

- is there phased dining for major talks or showings, like they do for live shows on DCL (early vs later rotation)

- are Remy and Palo open for brunch or dinner?

- are the Marvel/Disney themed areas (usually kids clubs) open for aging adults given this is arguably a grownup-themed cruise?

- is the Senses spa open for the cruise?

Sorry to be so quizzy but this could really upset or currently booked DCL Fantasy cruise in Nov 2020 and we may need to use that deposit/marker for a later vacation!

Thank you so much if you have any insight!!

Best,

Erica (HappyPig) and Eddie

• 3 months later...

We've been on 4 of the TCM cruises, including the most recent one in October 2019, and we are booked for 2020.

There were movies shown during the day on port days and all the regular TCM events began again in late afternoon.  On the evening of our overnight in Bermuda, there was a full slate of activities.

There are the usual early and late dining, and all the events are repeated at least once so that you don't miss anything because of your dining time.  They are also broadcast on the TV cruise channel, as are most of the movies.

I am not sure about Remy (we stayed with the MDR or the Lido), but Palo was definitely open for dinner.

The kids clubs areas were open and largely reserved for the small number of kids (about 10 or 12 on the last cruise), but adults were invited to come on in for photos with the characters at specific times.

The Senses spa appeared open when I went to the salon, though I didn't use the spa myself.

I don't understand about why the TCM cruise would upset your November 2020 cruise.  Everything specific to Disney and its characters disappears in a few hours for TCM, and I bet it all reappears before the first passengers board for the next cruise.