Royal “allures” carnival girl: A comparison story.

amsred2

Just finished up my last minute packing. I swear that every time I cruise that the next time "I'm just going to pack the essentials." But yet again, I debated whether I needed a whole suitcase for shoes and bathing suits. Of course I do!!!

Edited by amsred2
mispelling

Just finished up my last minute packing. I swear that every time I cruise that the next time "I'm just going to pack the essentials." But yet again, I debated whether I needed a whole suitcase for shoes and bathing suits. Of course I do!!!

For your live review you should take a photo of all the shoes in your room and then how many you wear...it will help you decide for next time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do the same for every vacation! But I’m getting a little better lol.

#jealous I haven't even started getting clothes out to pack. Working on laundry during my last day of work. So much to do!!

Not challenging you, I'm genuinely interested. If you book with a Travel Agent for a Princess cruise, you can manipulate your booking yourself on their website and do the things you mention like prepay gratuities, purchase specialty dining, drink packages, excursions, etc?

With RCI, that's certainly doable like ryano states, but you need to book yourself directly with RCI, which is what we do. Nothing wrong with TA's as there are lots of wonderful ones out there, but you lose control of that and always have to work through a "middle man", not something I want to bother with.

Dan

Yes, even using a TA with Princess you can do pretty much everything still online yourself. We always use our TA as he does get us better pricing than direct with the cruise line, sometimes it’s only like $100 but hey it’s better in my pocket. We sailed NCL last year (never again!) and I remember being able to do all I wanted on their website too which included prepaying gratuities, buying onboard credit etc.

#jealous I haven't even started getting clothes out to pack. Working on laundry during my last day of work. So much to do!!

It only just occurred to me at this very moment that you and amsred2 are on the same cruise, I am officially a moron :'):'):')

I hope you two meet in person, that would be an awesome CC experience :)

I too am enjoying your posts and love your style of writing. I am also a planner and my favorite part is the actual planning. We will be on the Allure on May 5th with this itinerary. We have been on the Independence of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas, but not the size of this ship. My concern is that you never see the water unless you are on the pool deck unlike other ships. It's almost like a mall. Either way I am still very excited. In regards to the alcohol package did you just get your pricing by logging into the site with your conf # and that is the price they gave you or are the sending you emails with deals? I heard that on Black Friday they offer deals on the package. I hope you have a wonderful time and cannot wait to read it! I am truly sorry about your Mom, it was a touching story!

It only just occurred to me at this very moment that you and amsred2 are on the same cruise, I am officially a moron :'):'):')

I hope you two meet in person, that would be an awesome CC experience :)

Yes it will be fun to compare them right? Oh we will def meet, we’ve had a super active group chatting pre cruise and a few events planned!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MORAL OF THE STORY

Live for today! Laugh, Play, Love! Tomorrow is never promised!

:loudcry:Darn onion cutting ninjas...I fell you. One of the last things I did with my mom before she passed this year was go cruising together. We're repeating the cruise with the kids for the same reason....memories.

I too am enjoying your posts and love your style of writing. I am also a planner and my favorite part is the actual planning. We will be on the Allure on May 5th with this itinerary. We have been on the Independence of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas, but not the size of this ship. My concern is that you never see the water unless you are on the pool deck unlike other ships. It's almost like a mall. Either way I am still very excited. In regards to the alcohol package did you just get your pricing by logging into the site with your conf # and that is the price they gave you or are the sending you emails with deals? I heard that on Black Friday they offer deals on the package. I hope you have a wonderful time and cannot wait to read it! I am truly sorry about your Mom, it was a touching story!

At least you are prepared for the lack of views versus the freedom class ships. You are absolutely correct, it is one of the big negatives that we had with the Oasis class. However, the oasis class has a ton of other stuff to offer as well.

Dan

At least you are prepared for the lack of views versus the freedom class ships. You are absolutely correct, it is one of the big negatives that we had with the Oasis class. However, the oasis class has a ton of other stuff to offer as well.

Dan

People used to complain about the lack of ocean views from Freedom and Voyager class ships too until Oasis came around.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Forums mobile app

You asked...

Per the dictionary, a Dilly is - "an excellent example of a particular type of person or thing."

"that's a dilly of a breakfast recipe"

"That's a dilly of a cruise"

And if you have a dilly of a cruise, then why wouldn't you want two... or three.

So, I hope you have a dilly dilly of a cruise.

Come on everybody... lets send her off with a "dilly dilly"

So much to write about...so little time! For those of you following along, I have decided to post pictures during the day with my phone. Since it's much easier for my olf fashioned sensibility to type on my laptop, and you know my musings can be lengthy, I will recap each evening.

For now...Dilly Dilly.

1c09e2ff9c4c47a1c5b6112b6e664ac0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk