Cooking demo in steakhouse - signup?

sandystx

Hi. For the "Cooking Demonstration" that is held in the steakhouse, do you need to sign up for this ahead of time or is it 'just show up'? I am guessing it is a popularg event.

I am going on the Magic.

thanks.

We got there about 15 minutes early. It was full about 5 minute's before the start time. Ours was first sea day at noon or 12:30, somewhere around there.

I was going to say this before I saw your post. Another reason to get there early and try to be close to the front. They don't always have enough samples from what I have observed.

While possible, I have never seen them run out. Perhaps they overlooked you and didn't return? Usually I will see at least one server with samples on the tray, looking around for anyone missed.

I don't really care about seeing the demonstration; I go for the samples!

If you want to see, and on a Spirit class ship, the second floor of the steakhouse is a great view.

Wish they would find different things to make

The purpose is to prepare what is on the menu with the hope of attracting your patronage in order to enjoy them for dinner.

What those who come to the demonstrate don't experience is the ambiance and service available at the Steakhouse. My dining companion and I dined at our local Fleming's Restaurant (an ala carte upscale restaurant) last evening. Service? Cuisine? Ambiance? Carnival's Steakhouses exceed Fleming's as well as HAL's Pinnacle Grill in my opinion.

The purpose is to prepare what is on the menu with the hope of attracting your patronage in order to enjoy them for dinner.

What those who come to the demonstrate don't experience is the ambiance and service available at the Steakhouse. My dining companion and I dined at our local Fleming's Restaurant (an ala carte upscale restaurant) last evening. Service? Cuisine? Ambiance? Carnival's Steakhouses exceed Fleming's as well as HAL's Pinnacle Grill in my opinion.

As I recall two of the four dishes were not on the menu. Even so why can they not change the items around once in a while.

Show up early, on the freedom, we got there at 12pm, turned away, it was full, went on valor, twice, both times got there about 1130 and good seats and full samples. On the breeze last month, we were there about 10 minutes before it started, turned away , it was full. They only have it once and on the very first sea day. We will usually walk the track, go to brunch and then go directly there from brunch. Of course you could skip brunch, the samples are very good and filling and includes a dessert sample. Worse case, if you don’t like the food there, it is lunch time so you could get other things. The time is usually noon but check the fun times , on paper or the hub app well before. It’s one of my highlights, so I always check for it first, whether anyone goes with me or not.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As I recall two of the four dishes were not on the menu. Even so why can they not change the items around once in a while.

The demand is high without changing the menu. The demand would be insane if they changed. Having said that, Horizon had a different menu (and filled up 30 minutes early) and on long cruises, they sometimes have 2 demonstrations with different menus.

On Journey cruises, there is usually an additional demonstration by a "local" chef.