Age limit on cabin purchase

sunscreen

From carnival's website:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2544/kw/age%20restrictions

"Guests are required to be 21 years of age (on embarkation day) to travel on their own."

"Guests Under the Age of 21 MUST travel with a relative or guardian of 25 years of age or older"

So if both your son and friend are 21 or older, no issues.

Basically all people in the room must be 21 or there has to be someone who is 25 traveling with them. There are some exceptions to that rule like married couples.

They take the ages at booking so it won’t be an issue. Just curious...why aren’t they booking their own trip?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The rule is a little ridiculous to me. If you are old enough to go fight in a war and die for your country at 18 you should be able to go on a cruise with your girlfriend at 18/19/20/21/22/23/24 without dragging someone 25 or older along.

What does being old enough to join the military have to do with a cruise company’s policies?

The rule is a little ridiculous to me. If you are old enough to go fight in a war and die for your country at 18 you should be able to go on a cruise with your girlfriend at 18/19/20/21/22/23/24 without dragging someone 25 or older along.

Well, in my opinion, shared by much of the world outside the US, if you are old enough to vote, join the military, and/or get married, you should also be old enough to drink. Kids drink at 14, 15 years old now - so the 21 years old limit isn't stopping that kind of abuse.

Carnival's rule may be partly due to issues with cruisers in that age range getting a little out of hand too easily, or might be to align better with the alcohol age thing (since they extend the US age limit to the whole cruise regardless of actual location).

For whatever reason, "the beards" have determined that they are better off with this restriction in place. If they thought they could sell a bunch more cabins or sell them at a higher price more often by allow 19 or 20 year old to cruise "alone" (as adults) then they would do so. I'm guessing they are trying to shake off a bit of that under-age college kid frat-party reputation that was around for a while...

I think you mean “age minimum.” Age limit would imply that you can’t book a room after a certain age. And there’s certainly no age limit to booking a cruise. Personally, I hope to be sailing in my 100’s! If I’m lucky to live that long and be healthy enough to do it. [emoji4]

So true. My son went in the Navy at 19 and married just prior to deploying. His wife was 20. They had to show their marriage license in order to cruise for their honeymoon.

At least if isn’t as bad as trying to rent a car at ages 21-24:

https://traveltips.usatoday.com/rent-car-under-25-61224.html

True! My son got married when he was 22 (wife 21) They planned on a WDW vacation. They were going to stay off site and rent a car, but ended up staying on site and using WDW transportation because prices to rent a car under 25 were rediculous! Even though neither of them had ever had a ticket at that time.