Future cruise deposit question

Heyref

Question: If I book a cruise now under the 3 for free promotion for a January 2020 sailing, and I am put down a Future cruise deposit on my Jan 2019 sailing, can I apply the FCC to my 2020 trip?

Not sure what you are asking?

If you have more than one FCD on hand than you can put one down for each cruise you have booked.

Separate one needed for each cruise.

Sorry - I will try to clarify.

I currently have no FCC - but am going to be sailing Princess @ Jan 2019.

Thinking of booking now for Jan 2020.

If I book Jan 2020 NOW, and put down a FCC deposit during my Jan 2019 cruise, can I apply that FCC to the (already booked) Jan 2020 booking.

Question: If I book a cruise now under the 3 for free promotion for a January 2020 sailing, and I am put down a Future cruise deposit on my Jan 2019 sailing, can I apply the FCC to my 2020 trip?

You booked a Jan 2020 cruise under the 3 for free promo, correct? Are you asking that if you purchase an FCD during your Jan. 2019 cruise can you apply it to your current 2020 booking? If that's it, the answer is no. FCD's can not be retroactively applied. You would be able to cancel your 2020 booking and re-book using whatever promo is available at that time.

Thinking of booking now for Jan 2020.

If I book Jan 2020 NOW, and put down a FCC deposit during my Jan 2019 cruise, can I apply that FCC to the (already booked) Jan 2020 booking.

No. An FCC can be used as a deposit on a new booking only. You can always cancel and rebook but then you lose any promotion you originally booked under and pay whatever the current fare at that time.

Yes, you can apply a FCD purchased in Jan 2019 to an already pre-booked 2020 cruise. The FCD will not apply as a deposit but as a credit against the total fare plus whatever OBC comes with it for the 2020 cruise. The OBC is the raison behind this tactic.

We just did this and plan to do so again on Jan 2019 cruise where we will purchase FCD to apply to an already booked 2020 cruise.

No. An FCC can be used as a deposit on a new booking only.

Yes, you can apply a FCD purchased in Jan 2019 to an already pre-booked 2020 cruise. The FCD will not apply as a deposit but as a credit against the total fare plus whatever OBC comes with it for the 2020 cruise. The OBC is the raison behind this tactic.

We just did this and plan to do so again on Jan 2019 cruise where we will purchase FCD to apply to an already booked 2020 cruise.

There you have it, "no" and "yes." Both are correct. It often depends on which Princess representative you are dealing with. So try to do it, but do not be disappointed if your request is denied.