No irons allowed

Meldom

Years of traveling and my ex a Flight Attendant taught me to use the rolling method. Now I use the bundling method. Both methods along with choosing the proper fabrics minimizes wrinkling - I have even packed a suit in my carry on and it comes out fine. I prefer being a tad bit wrinkled (along with just about every other passenger on the ship) to risking a fire...….

I was surprised to find that you cannot bring an iron or steamer on board. I guess you just walk around all wrinkled unless you want to spend a ton to have your clothes pressed. I know they can be a fire hazard but if you want to look nice but don't have the extra money for pressing what are you to do.? just hang everything in the shower..

Fire hazards are actually the biggest risk on a ship, so for very good reason, irons and other electrical devices are discouraged. I figure a few wrinkles are a reasonable price to pay for safety.

As others have mentioned, many companies provide irons in pax laundries that receive regular safety inspections.

The earlier you start packing, the more creases and wrinkles your clothes may get. Rolling instead of folding helps out too.

I pack the night before, use wrinkle free sun block clothing, and unpack in the cabin about 16 hours later. Since I only bring 1 piece of luggage, I roll it onto the ship myself, avoiding the tossing around it could get through the porters and crew handling the bag. If I fly to a port, I can keep my bag in the overhead and not subject it to baggage handling there as well.