Come Sail Away With Us!! - allure OTS Live Blog 9/23/2018-9/30/2018

lcookie

Loved your report. Really appreciate all the detail and pics. Your daughter’s smile is absolutely contagious! You’ve given me some great ideas and lots to look forward to our Halloween cruise.

Looking forward to your blog :-)

Final Thoughts Destinations -

Each of the ports were repeat for us but that never bothers me. There are enough adventures most places that you can go back over and over while never repeating a journey. We laid low at Costa Maya, but that was kinda planned as mother nature was not cooperating this season and we were wearing down from the week's adventures.

Nassau - Cabbage Beach was a nice stop. The current is strong but that is how I like my beaches. They have enough amenities to make a day trip worthwhile. They also have a series of watersports you can do. Some of the vendors were a little sketchy but at no time did we feel unsafe.

Cozumel - Chankanaab was the perfect spot for our family. It had a little bit of everything. And you can do as much or as little as you want. The amenities were top notch. I don't have anything to compare it to but I felt the snorkeling was pretty good.

Roatan - Turquoise Bay was a nice little resort kinda off to its own. The beach area was clean and had several places to lounge around. The over the water cabanas were down for maintenance the day we were there. They even had in the water swings. I had no complaints with the watersports branch. Their equipment was in good condition and they were not just a one boat pony. I counted 4 or more boats that returned to the dock while we were enjoying the beach.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Forums mobile app

Thanks for one of the best reviews I've read on here lately, it felt like we were along with you and your lovely family.

BTW your English teacher was wrong, you are a great writer!

Julie

Thanks for one of the best reviews I've read on here lately, it felt like we were along with you and your lovely family.

BTW your English teacher was wrong, you are a great writer!

Julie

Hey that is what I was going for - provide enough depth to make you feel like you were there!

43d7bb921b811b492eaa15e9d10c173a.jpg

OMG, we know these people. Jamie and John are there names and we met them on a cruise years ago. We have sailed with since then and should have been on Allure this week with them, as well as you. Instead we are following your great review. They created the flow rider in me and we did a group lesson. They never rode again and I have won the beast of the Best. John actually tore his rotator cuff in a bad wipeout and had surgery well after he knew what occurred.

My wife just messaged them your pic. Can’t wait to see their reaction.

What was their response?

I have the cheesiest grin on my face by the time I’m done reading your newest installments. Such fun to virtually cruise along with your family!

How was the food at the character breakfast? I’ve been on the fence on if it’s worth the extra cost based on mediocre past reviews.

Character bfast food was just regular. No frills. It was just for the characters. On Carnival they have a special menu you get to choose from.

Thank you for the wonderful review. I’m sorry if I missed it, but did you have the ultimate dining package, and if so we’re the cupcake making and sushi making classes included or were you charged extra for those? (They’re excluded in the fine print but I’ve seen a couple instances of them being included and I’m trying to see if someone has experienced that on Allure).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the wonderful review. I’m sorry if I missed it, but did you have the ultimate dining package, and if so we’re the cupcake making and sushi making classes included or were you charged extra for those? (They’re excluded in the fine print but I’ve seen a couple instances of them being included and I’m trying to see if someone has experienced that on Allure).

We had the 5 night dining package. In the fine print it says you can use it for cupcakes, brunch, and sushi. These are not included in the ultimate dining package from what I read. You may be able to ask onboard if you cqn swap a meal or two for these events. That is basically what we did with the 5 nighter except it was in print so no negotiations needed.

Just when I thought I couldn’t love y’all more, you said you were a Steeler fan! Great review! Hope our paths cross. And as an 8th grade reading teacher, I apologize for your teacher. Loved your style!

Thanks. I had fun reliving all the events.

We had the 5 night dining package. In the fine print it says you can use it for cupcakes, brunch, and sushi. These are not included in the ultimate dining package from what I read. You may be able to ask onboard if you cqn swap a meal or two for these events. That is basically what we did with the 5 nighter except it was in print so no negotiations needed.

Great to know the difference. Thanks!

Final Thoughts Boat-

Likes -

This by far was the "Best Boat Ever"! There was so much to do you could never take it all in on one 7 day cruise. Most of all we liked the layout. There were enough separate spaces that we never felt crowded. We also enjoyed our evenings at the specialty restaurants. Lastly, I was impressed with the way they were able to move people on and off the boat.

Dislikes -

The buffet. The space seemed relatively small for the size of the ship. Also, the variety of items just was not up to the level we are use to from other lines. Next was the arcade. I had big hopes since there were 3 different arcades onboard. Well - not so much. If we did not have the prepaid card I doubt we would have spent any time in there. This is a small list of items and they did not take away from our overall experience.

By far this goes down as our "BEST CRUISE EVER"!!!

Catch yall in the next trip.

Really enjoyed your review and photos. So glad you loved Allure as much as we did, but maybe that’s the b2b in a junior suite talking [emoji6] just wish that class went a few more different places.

On the last night/morning of a cruise, I just want to get off the ship and get home. My face looks a lot like lil bits when she realizes she has to go back to school!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Really enjoyed your review and photos. So glad you loved Allure as much as we did, but maybe that’s the b2b in a junior suite talking [emoji6] just wish that class went a few more different places.

On the last night/morning of a cruise, I just want to get off the ship and get home. My face looks a lot like lil bits when she realizes she has to go back to school!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Would be a cool class to take a repositioning cruise from Europe.

• 2 weeks later...