Can someone explain cruisenext?

Jayonce1982

We were told that 2 certificates could not be used on the same cruise, others on here state that is not true. Such a very very confusing program

You can always use two CruiseNext certificates on a balcony or above if the sailing is more than 6 months out.

They often run a "Double Up" promotion that allows you to use two on a balcony or above even on sailings inside of 6 months. That promo is currently running through September, but isn't always available.

You can always use two CruiseNext certificates on a balcony or above if the sailing is more than 6 months out.

They often run a "Double Up" promotion that allows you to use two on a balcony or above even on sailings inside of 6 months. That promo is currently running through September, but isn't always available.

Thanks for the info

Cruisenext is a program designed to confuse customers into paying a lot of money for something that they really don't understand.

If when buying a cruisenext voucher, the salesperson tells you something that sounds like a benefit of the program, it's probably not true. And, the more emphatic the cruisenext salesperson is, the less likely it is to be true.

HA HA HA HA HA. Its designed to get people to cruise again. It is a marketing program that is as about as easy to understand as 1+1=2. I guess if one is not adept at mathematics it can be confusing.

Another thing to remember about the cruisenext certificates is that They can only be used for a sailing that is 6 days or more. That would take the shorter cruises out of the options.

Thanks for that info! If that 6-day minimum came up during our purchase, I’ve forgotten. 🤭

I haven’t looked for the flyer we gotta the time, sure I haven’t somewhere. And it could be as someone else mentioned, it may have been “yes you can use carts” special promotion that was limited. I’ll ask some question next week while we’re on the Gem, and look for the purchase info when I get back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

What happens if you apply a double certificate onto a balcony sailing over 6 months out, and but still cancel over 90 days prior. Do you get the certificates back?

Same with the doubleup, if I book something less than 6 months out, but still more than 3 months, and then decide to cancel on the 91st day, do I still get a refund on everything?

4 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

What happens if you apply a double certificate onto a balcony sailing over 6 months out, and but still cancel over 90 days prior. Do you get the certificates back?

Same with the doubleup, if I book something less than 6 months out, but still more than 3 months, and then decide to cancel on the 91st day, do I still get a refund on everything?

I believe if you cancel before final payment (which is now 120 days out, not 90) you receive your Cruise Next certificate back just like you would a normal deposit. After final payment, you would lose some portion of them for canceling based on the schedule.

I am one of the easily confused and I only read about half of these posts.

To me it would be easier understood if I bought $500 of cruise next and they handed me a $250 gift

card that I can carry off the ship and use in the future or use at guests services a the end of

the cruise to pay part of my bill.

4 minutes ago, Peachypooh said:

I am one of the easily confused and I only read about half of these posts.

To me it would be easier understood if I bought $500 of cruise next and they handed me a $250 gift

card that I can carry off the ship and use in the future or use at guests services a the end of

the cruise to pay part of my bill.

They essentially do give you $250 to pay part of your bill...  They charge $500 for the two certificates and then they give you $250 back to pay part of the $500 they just charged.  It really is quite simple to follow.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

They essentially do give you $250 to pay part of your bill...  They charge $500 for the two certificates and then they give you $250 back to pay part of the $500 they just charged.  It really is quite simple to follow.

Put that way yes it is simple to follow and thank you for your explanation. Even simpler is if they would

just do it in one transaction. Sell the certificates at 50% off and be done with it. When I buy discounted

restaurant gift cards from Costco or Sam's club that are 20-25% off they don't charge me the full amount

and then give me a store credit to offset part of the cost. Thanks again.

50 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

I am much happier to get that $250 back as cash in my pocket than a gift card. That's how it works right now. You "buy" $500 of CruiseNext deposits for $250. Yes, the $500 transaction briefly shows up on your on-board account, but it's resolved by the end of the cruise and you walk away only having spent $250, leaving you with $250 still in your pocket.

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:39 PM, Budget Queen said:

IF you get frequent OBC’s. Eg stockholders. It’s a big mistake to buy large numbers of certificates. I simply buy the minimum number to use the obc. Do NOt confuse my reference to a obc with the cruisenext “rebate”.

I will have $250 of OBC due to my stockholders perk.  I plan on buying two of the certificates on my TA cruise in April.  To me that is a no brainer.

We bought 8 of them on our Hawaii cruise in Aug 2017.  We are a family of 7 so we normally have to book 2 rooms each cruise.

Our onboard account was charged $2000 and OBC of $1000 was also applied.  The net charge to our credit card was $1000 + what we had spent on that cruise.  We did not change our normal spending habits because of the OBC.  Just did our vacation.  Not matter how you do the math we are getting a $1000 of "VALUE" at no cost as long as they are all used within the 4 years.

We just used 1 for an Alaska cruise in September and have 7 left.  But are currently looking at 2 balconies on a cruise next March where we will be able to use 4.  Which will leave us with 3 left, which I don't think we'll have a problem using. 

In our case because we are Canadian the "Deposit" was converted to CAD.  So our cruise cost $2100.08 CAD and our $250 USD deposit was applied as $324.00 CAD.  Which means we owe $1776.08 CAD on final payment.

According to xe.com 250 USD is currently worth $334.10 CAD so they are taking some off the top.  However at the time of purchase the exchange rate was $1.23 so we paid $1230 CAD for $2000 USD of credits which if all spent today would be worth $2592 CAD so my net "VALUE" is $1362 CAD.

The good thing is had the exchange rate gone the other way we have the option of paying in USD and using them as is.

But now I'm really making it more complicated for those who say it's too complex... LOL.

Edited by FB