Bliss Pacific Coastal and Mexican Riviera cruises 9/30-10/13/2018 Trip Report

rockfsh

We just got off the bliss today. The crew are going do a little cleaning and a staff party prior to picking you guys up tomorrow. They were filming commercials during our sailing that affected access to certain areas but I think they will be done with that when you board. Aft elevator use or stairs instead of forward elevators REALLY helps with ease of getting around the ship. Forward elevators pretty packed. Beautiful ship and we enjoyed our first big ship experience. Found it very easy to get around onboard. We didn’t experience any issues getting race track ressies and specialty dining times. We really enjoyed speciality venues and the Local. Have a great time!

We also got off the Bliss today! We were in the Haven so we were floored by the beauty of this ship! The forward elevators are terrible!!!! That was my only complaint about the ship if anything. We had such a great time.

We just got off the bliss today. The crew are going do a little cleaning and a staff party prior to picking you guys up tomorrow. They were filming commercials during our sailing that affected access to certain areas but I think they will be done with that when you board. Aft elevator use or stairs instead of forward elevators REALLY helps with ease of getting around the ship. Forward elevators pretty packed. Beautiful ship and we enjoyed our first big ship experience. Found it very easy to get around onboard. We didn’t experience any issues getting race track ressies and specialty dining times. We really enjoyed speciality venues and the Local. Have a great time!

Hope the aft elevators are less crowded on our upcoming Panama cruise. Our cabin is near them and I will be using a rollator since I am recovering from a broken ankle sustained in Cuba on our Sun cruise. I have heard horror stories about elevators and mobility devices. Have always deferred to wheelchairs and scooters myself, so hoping karma and my fellow passengers will be kind to me:)

Mary Ann

Embarkation

It rained all day but our spirit werenot dampened. When we got to the waiting area around 9:45, hundredswere already there filling up the room. An NCL staffer announced thatthe process would begin shortly and groups would be led in row by rowto the check in area. He said if we see anyone trying to cut in linelet him know. “We have ways of dealing with them,” he said.“Don't leave your spouse or children behind, well the children aremore important.”, he continued. After check in, the securityclearance was next then on to the ship. The forward bank of 8elevators are always busy. They are deep and when people get out itlooks like a circus clown car unloading. We are ensconced in a Havencourtyard penthouse. Very nice.

For dinner we had reservations at LosLobos. We arrived 15 minutes before it opened and there was already aline to get in. “Lets of OCD people onboard”, I remarked to myDW. “Like us?”, she replied.

I recommend the table side preparedguacamole and for dessert the pastel de tres leches.

Sail away

I got up at 4:00 to watch the Blisspass under the Lion's Gate Bridge. A car parked at Stanley Parkflashed its headlights at us as we passed. We barely cleared thebridge and I returned to our cabin to write this.

I will post the Mexican Riviera dailieslater.

car flashes high lights

carh.jpg

b10.jpg

Victoria (next stop)

A quiz.

Victoria

A. Site of a famous hotel named after an Empress of India. Charges a lot for high tea.

B. Port for which NCL's initial itinerary posted an arrival time of 8:30 and which notified passengers of a change to 11:00 the Thursday before the cruise start due to time,tides, a bridge too low and an inability to put it all together until the last minute.

C. Inspiration for a Haven bartender to create a drink he named, “Victoria's Secret”.

D. All (or none) of the above.

Victoria (next stop)

A quiz.

Victoria

A. Site of a famous hotel named after an Empress of India. Charges a lot for high tea.

B. Port for which NCL's initial itinerary posted an arrival time of 8:30 and which notified passengers of a change to 11:00 the Thursday before the cruise start due to time,tides, a bridge too low and an inability to put it all together until the last minute.

C. Inspiration for a Haven bartender to create a drink he named, “Victoria's Secret”.

D. All (or none) of the above.

I'm going with D and want to know if C was Emir or Patel (sp)

unfortunately tide predictions are often wrong, and are done only 7 - 14 days in advance. Original arrival time for Bliss was 1:30am , first report of Low tide was 3:30, actual was 4:30ish!!

I am surprised the Bliss came in to Vancouver, NCL posted she had only 2 feet of clearance!!

We are on here too and looking forward to meeting OP st the many events planned tmrw for our roll call!

First time on NCL for us and having a nlast! Very impressed with it all so far! We were up for sailing under the bridge - not too impressive from our balcony! Didn’t get off in Victoria today as we’ve been there many times!

No problems with elevators or reservations thus far for us! Only complaint is finding time to fit in all we want to do!

Shop is beautiful. Staff are outstanding!

Our concierge is Adrian Beck.

Victoria is a city eclipsed by time(and Vancouver). The provincial capitol of BC doubled in sizeovernight due to the gold rush. It once was the second largest cityon the West Coast North of San Francisco. The richest man in townduring the gold rush owned bars not gold. I didn't Google this butlearned this from Captain Paul of the H2O water taxis of the innerharbor. We took their harbor tour. It cost $56 (CAD) for both, seniorrate. We went from riding the biggest to smallest ship in Victoria.Afterwards we went to Thunderbird Park to lean on some totem polesthen back to the Bliss. On board we ate at the local. Waitress askedif we had any diet restrictions. Not now, I replied, we dieted beforethe cruise and now have no restrictions. A good day.

victoriataxi1_-_Copy_-_Copy.jpg

victoria_wtaxi2_-_Copy_-_Copy.jpg

victoriataxibliss_-_Copy.jpg

victotemken_-_Copy.jpg

Who's on Board

Captain: Staffan Bengtsson

Hotel Director: Jovo

Cruise Director: Silas

Executive Housekeeper: Ferdinand

Executive Chef: Francis

The bartender who concocted “Victoria's Secret”, that panty (name) dropper is Ralph from India who also tends in The Social.

Last night we attended Havana!. We sat next to fellow CC roll call member Laura. She worked in the arts,theater and production in the past and knows someone connected to the s how. Havana is high energy fun. The cast has excellent voices. The plot is thin and it lacks a killer song. Worth seeing. Once.

Today is the CC meet and greet organized by lotty dotty (Stephanie) and the crazy hat pub crawl

organized by SeaTacMike (Mike, of course). Looking forward to both.

I go go-kart. In the safety briefing they gave us tips like, don't drive the wrong way, don't confuse the boost and backup buttons, don't press the brake and accelerator pedals at the same time or you'll blow up the engine. One rider bailed before starting. It rained but no one cared. Zoom zoom you all.

CD Silas hosted the meet and greet organized by lotty dotty (Stephanie). The Brew house was packed.

At the crazy hat pub crawl as we packed into an elevator, two randoms tried to get in. “No entrance without a hat, I told them, We are a secret society under cover of hats.” They asked to join. See SeaTac Mike in the parrot hat, I told them.

I met Michael W. Perry, a Honolulu radio host on board.

At the Captain's party we met lotty dotty again. She told us that she met her husband at Mardi Gras. I asked how many beads she collected then and what she had to show to get them. She declined to say.

gokart.jpg

silas.jpg

Silas and lotty dotty

loty.jpg

3 Mikes

3mikes.jpg

Michael W Perry

mwp.jpg

Captain's Party

captain.jpg