Review of the Hampton Inn-Brickell Downtown

Z'Loth

Just thought I would share my thoughts on the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Miami Brickell Downtown which I stayed at from September 10th-14th. This hotel came recommended by the posters on this board. They weren't wrong.

First off... this was my first time ever in Miami and in Florida. I had chosen this hotel because it is close to Port Miami as well as close to the transit systems for both Miami Metromover and Miami Metrorail. While it is more expensive than what I usually pay, I figure... it's a birthday vacation.... I can splurge. I booked this hotel through AAA under a non-refundable promotion rate, which was charged about 90 days out.

Nice hotel! Friendly staff! One of the nice things was that breakfast was included as part of the fare. (I liked the Bagel Guillotine Slicer so much, I ordered it for my own kitchen.) This helped reduce the meal expenses while I was staying in Miami. This isn't to say that the restaurants weren't bad in the area.... far from it. One of the best places to get a great snack was Coyo Taco which is located across the street from the hotel. When I arrived at 9:30 PM-ish on Monday evening, I headed over to Batch Gastropub which is located in the same building as the hotel. A Chinese restaurant is also in the same building, but was in process of closing, thus no comment on the food. (Side note: I saw that there was a Atlanta at Giants game that was just in the 2nd inning when I got to the restaurant. I was shaking my head.... why was the game running so late... then realized again.... I'm in EASTERN time, not PACIFIC time! duhhhhh) There are also a CVS, 7-11, Publix, and even a Ace Hardware within walking distance. If you are going to the CVS pharmacy, go east on SW 12th Street, then south on S Miami Ave, then east again on SW 13th Ave. Those intersections are signalized. (I had forgotten some athletic shoes, but picked some up at the Ross Store which is easily accessible via the free Metromover by the Bayfront Park Station)

It should be noted that this is a very secure hotel. The bell desk is on the first floor, while the front desk is at the sixth floor. Parking is on the 2nd-5th floors. Hotel rooms are on floors 7 through 15, but require a key card to access. This hotel is equipped with smart locks that can be unlocked with the Hilton App which apparently communicates via Bluetooth to the lock within about six feet. I would advise opening up the app on your smartphone when you are entering the hotel so that it can sync up. I still had a key card as a backup.

Another nice thing is that you can receive five packages at the hotel for free. I had ordered several items from Amazon and had them shipped to the hotel rather than try and pack them in my suitcase for my flight.

The hotel does have a swimming pool and a spa on the sixth floor... something that I did NOT utilize until my last night in Miami, especially since Miami felt warmer than Sacramento due to the higher humidity levels.

The hotel contracts out to a transportation company for transportation to the port of Miami. The cost is $8 per person plus gratuity, and leaves at 10 AM, 11 AM, noon, and 1 PM. You can sign up at the front desk the night before.

Just thought I would share my thoughts on the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Miami Brickell Downtown which I stayed at from September 10th-14th. This hotel came recommended by the posters on this board. They weren't wrong.

First off... this was my first time ever in Miami and in Florida. I had chosen this hotel because it is close to Port Miami as well as close to the transit systems for both Miami Metromover and Miami Metrorail. While it is more expensive than what I usually pay' date=' I figure... it's a birthday vacation.... I can splurge. I booked this hotel through AAA under a non-refundable promotion rate, which was charged about 90 days out.

Nice hotel! Friendly staff! One of the nice things was that breakfast was included as part of the fare. (I liked the Bagel Guillotine Slicer so much, I ordered it for my own kitchen.) This helped reduce the meal expenses while I was staying in Miami. This isn't to say that the restaurants weren't bad in the area.... far from it. One of the best places to get a great snack was Coyo Taco which is located across the street from the hotel. When I arrived at 9:30 PM-ish on Monday evening, I headed over to Batch Gastropub which is located in the same building as the hotel. A Chinese restaurant is also in the same building, but was in process of closing, thus no comment on the food. (Side note: I saw that there was a Atlanta at Giants game that was just in the 2nd inning when I got to the restaurant. I was shaking my head.... why was the game running so late... then realized again.... I'm in EASTERN time, not PACIFIC time! duhhhhh) There are also a CVS, 7-11, Publix, and even a Ace Hardware within walking distance. If you are going to the CVS pharmacy, go east on SW 12th Street, then south on S Miami Ave, then east again on SW 13th Ave. Those intersections are signalized. (I had forgotten some athletic shoes, but picked some up at the Ross Store which is easily accessible via the free Metromover by the Bayfront Park Station)

It should be noted that this is a very secure hotel. The bell desk is on the first floor, while the front desk is at the sixth floor. Parking is on the 2nd-5th floors. Hotel rooms are on floors 7 through 15, but require a key card to access. This hotel is equipped with smart locks that can be unlocked with the Hilton App which apparently communicates via Bluetooth to the lock within about six feet. I would advise opening up the app on your smartphone when you are entering the hotel so that it can sync up. I still had a key card as a backup.

Another nice thing is that you can receive five packages at the hotel for free. I had ordered several items from Amazon and had them shipped to the hotel rather than try and pack them in my suitcase for my flight.

The hotel does have a swimming pool and a spa on the sixth floor... something that I did NOT utilize until my last night in Miami, especially since Miami felt warmer than Sacramento due to the higher humidity levels.

The hotel contracts out to a transportation company for transportation to the port of Miami. The cost is $8 per person plus gratuity, and leaves at 10 AM, 11 AM, noon, and 1 PM. You can sign up at the front desk the night before.

Thank you for this review as we will be staying here in March. We appreciate all the info about what is around the hotel, etc.

Any more details about your room?

How was Batch? We were thinking about going there for dinner.

It was a double bed even though I was a solo person. Air conditioning in the room worked quite well. WiFi was adequate. No in-room microwave or refrigerator.

I had the Brisket & Short Rib Burger at the Batch Gastropub. Not bad. There are plenty of good restaurants in the area.

How did you get from the airport to the hotel? Taxi? Uber?

Since I was flying from the FLL airport, I used the SuperShuttle to get to the hotel. (~$30). If I flew out of the Miami airport, I could have used the MetroRail to get to the hotel. Ah well.

Thank you for this review as we will be staying here in March. We appreciate all the info about what is around the hotel, etc.

Your welcome. Glad to share my experiences.

Nice review. Good to know, as someone who have never stayed there (live in Miami) I always do recommend it because it seems to be very popular for people that stay there. And it is in a great location.

One note to people looking though $8.00/pp for a trip to the port is fine for one person but after that is expensive.

An Uber/Lyft will cost $8-$10 total for as many people/bags that can fit in an standard car. While an UberXL might be about $18 to the Port from that location.

Something to note— Studio Suites have kitchenettes with microwave, fridge, and more. Also, separate seating area divided from bed area by desk/dining table. Regular rooms have none of these features. For us, worth the extra $ for studio, particularly for multi-night stay.

We ❤️🧡[emoji169][emoji172][emoji170][emoji171]❤️🧡[emoji169] this hotel!

Sent from my iPad using Forums